Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Heh, seems we reviewed the same carto on the same day. I didn't go nearly as far tearing it down though, and the wick at the bottom may also help explain the tightness of the draw in addition to the smaller hole. I did notice that mine were a little bit different than yours though. Mine had a rubber cap rather than plastic, and I didn't get any dry scratchy hits immediately after filling despite dripping to fill. I did notice the same weird taste near the end before getting the burnt hit though.

Great and thorough review. Funny enough when I was doing mine I thought, "I wonder what Phil would think of these compared to the Boges he loves?" I don't have any Boges yet, but they're coming.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
Thanks, that was a great review.

I think I know what the weird taste is from. When the CE2's came out at first, they were in a bubble pack,
and when you first opened them, there was a very strong chemical smell. My thought was that the end caps
were put on while still soft ( hadn't finished curing ), and then put in bubble pack right away. This locked in
the out-gassing fumes from the silicon as it finished curing, and the funky taste was transferred to the wick.
The only way around this, besides vaping through the flavor, was to flush with hot water before first use.

I don't know if it would be worth trying to flush these cartos to see if that eliminated the funky taste.
I stopped washing cartos after figuring a weeks use gave me my moneys worth.

Let us know if you try it out.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Thanks, I've found the taste to be off with them as well.
Although I lot of people think they are great I didn't care for them.
With thick juice I can out vape them pretty quick. Just 3-4 quick hits and I'm getting dry scratchy hits.
Let it sit for a few minutes and its back to good.

They really are more like a "fillerless" carto ..... but with filler. And they seem to come with the same wicking problems IMO.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Thanks, I've found the taste to be off with them as well.
Although I lot of people think they are great I didn't care for them.
With thick juice I can out vape them pretty quick. Just 3-4 quick hits and I'm getting dry scratchy hits.
Let it sit for a few minutes and its back to good.

They really are more like a "fillerless" carto ..... but with filler. And they seem to come with the same wicking problems IMO.

Thanks Tim. The more I use them, the more I agree with you. I'd put the Boge ahead of them any day. The Smoktechs, and megas for that matter too.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Thanks, that was a great review.

I think I know what the weird taste is from. When the CE2's came out at first, they were in a bubble pack,
and when you first opened them, there was a very strong chemical smell. My thought was that the end caps
were put on while still soft ( hadn't finished curing ), and then put in bubble pack right away. This locked in
the out-gassing fumes from the silicon as it finished curing, and the funky taste was transferred to the wick.
The only way around this, besides vaping through the flavor, was to flush with hot water before first use.

I don't know if it would be worth trying to flush these cartos to see if that eliminated the funky taste.
I stopped washing cartos after figuring a weeks use gave me my moneys worth.

Let us know if you try it out.

Thanks very much. One thing I'm not a fan of is fiddling to get a device to work. So rinsing and drying a carto before use is pretty much out of the question for me. I'll just deal with the taste until they "break in" but these will probably not be on an order list for me any time soon. The Boges on the other hand... GIVE ME MORE!! :)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Heh, seems we reviewed the same carto on the same day. I didn't go nearly as far tearing it down though, and the wick at the bottom may also help explain the tightness of the draw in addition to the smaller hole. I did notice that mine were a little bit different than yours though. Mine had a rubber cap rather than plastic, and I didn't get any dry scratchy hits immediately after filling despite dripping to fill. I did notice the same weird taste near the end before getting the burnt hit though.

Great and thorough review. Funny enough when I was doing mine I thought, "I wonder what Phil would think of these compared to the Boges he loves?" I don't have any Boges yet, but they're coming.

Thanks! I think you will like the Boge's a lot more!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I've seen a few of your reviews mate, and have to say, pretty top notch.

Absolutely agree on these Kangers...I get an off taste on about the 4th toke, despite the carto being full of e-liquid. I've used 3, and they've all been the same.

Back to the dual coils and Boge's for me too.

Thanks very much buckowski!

Yep, still a HUGE Boge fan!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Great review, Phil! Thanks.

I agree 100%. Boge cartos are solid, consistent, clean-tasting and trouble-free. BTW, because of the tightly woven filler, I found that filling them with a syringe and needle (I use 18g sharp needle) for the first time ensures that they are fully saturated. After that, I just drip to top off.

I also had issues with this latest crop of horizontal-coil cartomizers; they all taste off to my taste buds: that includes the Kangers and the entire MaxxFusion family (Volt, Bloog, V6 etc).

Interestingly, I did use other horizontal-coil cartos in the past, 4081 (SmokeStik and Trueman) and 510 SLB, and never had a problem with their taste.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Great review, Phil! Thanks.

I agree 100%. Boge cartos are solid, consistent, clean-tasting and trouble-free. BTW, because of the tightly woven filler, I found that filling them with a syringe and needle (I use 18g sharp needle) for the first time ensures that they are fully saturated. After that, I just drip to top off.

I also had issues with this latest crop of horizontal-coil cartomizers; they all taste off to my taste buds: that includes the Kangers and the entire MaxxFusion family (Volt, Bloog, V6 etc).

Interestingly, I did use other horizontal-coil cartos in the past, 4081 (SmokeStik and Trueman) and 510 SLB, and never had a problem with their taste.

Thanks Katya!!

Esig

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Hi Phil excelent review mate I wish all the reviewers will go to that trouble because it will save us a lot of money knowing about these things before we order. So thank you again I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say we appreciate it. One question do you have a prefered supplier for the Boge's and who is the cheapest to get them from?

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
You keep producing the definitive reviews on vaping products, Phil! Continued thanks!

I notice that you didn't give these Kangers either a thumbs up or thumbs down – entirely consistent with your findings.

From the comments here, many folks found the length and depth of this one to be valuable. For me personally, it was longer than I needed it to be. I learned that I won't bother to try these – a lesson I could have gotten in half the time. But better that than the superficial "I like it" or "I don't like it" of many others' reviews.

BTW, have you tried the Smok Tech 1.7 ohm Mega Single Coil? I prefer it to the Boge ... and to the Smok Tech Dual Coil (certainly at 3.2 or 3.7V). It is nicknamed the 'Resurrector' by Crystal Clear Vaping and 'ReJuvenator' by SmokTek, because it brings new life to the eGo's puny 3.2V ... and I also love it at 3.7V.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
@Natalia - Nope, you're not the only one!!
@Esig - Thanks very much! Try Crystal Clear Vaping. They have an excellent 15 carto deal. With the deal you also get some drip tips, a syringe, and free shipping!
@BOOM - Thank you!! Yes, I've tried them all. I still prefer the Boge cause 1) don't leak when filling, 2) more consistent, 3) don't clog up as fast. IMHO of course. But the others you mentioned are still in my arsenal and are still used (especially in my DCTs. They are all really good cartos.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Phil excelent review mate I wish all the reviewers will go to that trouble because it will save us a lot of money knowing about these things before we order. So thank you again I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say we appreciate it. One question do you have a prefered supplier for the Boge's and who is the cheapest to get them from?

Esig, where do you shop, usually? In the States or in China?

I'd think that for you it would be cheaper to order from China... Here's one ECF-approved supplier:

Boge LR510 Cartomizers Pack of 5

Or ask around in the South African subforum. I'm sure they know the best and cheapest suppliers.

Good luck.

Hi, Don!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I couldn't stand the taste of the Kangers. I sent a box to a friend and she likes them. I sold the rest of the boxes I had. Too much "funkiness" going on. I'll take a Boge, Resurrector, Rejuvenator, or Ikenvape cartomizers any day over these. I love the clean crisp flavors of the 4 brands that I mentioned but with Kanger, it's "out the door" yuckiness!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I couldn't stand the taste of the Kangers. I sent a box to a friend and she likes them. I sold the rest of the boxes I had. Too much "funkiness" going on. I'll take a Boge, Resurrector, Rejuvenator, or Ikenvape cartomizers any day over these. I love the clean crisp flavors of the 4 brands that I mentioned but with Kanger, it's "out the door" yuckiness!

Apparently I'm not the only one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread