A PBusardo Review : Boge 510 LR Carto Vs. Smok Tech 510 LR Dual Coil Mega Carto

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Excellent review, P! [Not sure I'd recommend that a new or prospective vaper watch it:D ... but for me and most of us on ECF, the detailed analysis was appreciated and interesting.]

And, of course, your presentational style is highly enjoyable! [I've been having my own pbusardo video fest today.]

My only complaint is that the caliber of your reviews required me to update the listing of recommended reviewers in vaping Guides' Links to Resources.;)

There is no way for text to convey what my voice would sound like when I say...

"DonDaBoomVape, that's awesome man, I really do appreciate that."

A PBusardo video fest, LOL! Does that come with popcorn and soda?

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Copy and paste of my youtube comment, below, followed by one thing I noticed in bold, that didn't make it into my youtube comment:

Great review, and it felt very unbiased.

I've not used the Boge 2.0, but I have used the IKV 2.0 mega, which is considered relatively similar, except larger.

I'd fully agree with your review on every point.

The only thing I'll re-emphasize is the higher heat of the draw. Granted, this is going to be personal preference, but the dual coil setup can get a touch too hot for my liking, at times. Some people might consider that a plus, and some won't.

I'm not a TH guy, so for me it's a bit hot.

Added note: Removing the sticker allows the ego cone to be used, but you'll want to remove the glue it leaves behind on the cartomizer as well. I would expect that we'll start seeing steel (non-stickered) models for sale, to get rid of that extra step, but of course I'm just speculating.

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
I feel like we should have cartomizer show down and now compare the Ikenvape v2 gold edition cartos and the bloog 510 style. There is some speculation that those 2 are better than the dual coil but you never know until you try. I will be buying the ikenvape's gold v2 carto to see if they are better but i'm not sure where I can get bloog 510 cartos.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
I feel like we should have cartomizer show down and now compare the Ikenvape v2 gold edition cartos and the bloog 510 style. There is some speculation that those 2 are better than the dual coil but you never know until you try. I will be buying the ikenvape's gold v2 carto to see if they are better but i'm not sure where I can get bloog 510 cartos.

I was under the impression that Bloogs were kr808 style, but I just shot them an email to double check that.

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
I pm'd drew. They are not manufactured by bloog they are manufactured at another company seperate from bloog. Bloog just carries them. they only have them for the kr808 on nhaler.com. He does have the bloog type cartos in 510 he just hasnt added them to his site yet. I believe the bloog was the highest performer in vapor production I have ever seen but thats basing it off one video review so noone really knows.

Link here. KR808D-1 Drippers

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
I pm'd drew. They are not manufactured by bloog they are manufactured at another company seperate from bloog. Bloog just carries them. they only have them for the kr808 on nhaler.com. He does have the bloog type cartos in 510 he just hasnt added them to his site yet. I believe the bloog was the highest performer in vapor production I have ever seen but thats basing it off one video review so noone really knows.

Link here. KR808D-1 Drippers

Based on GrimmGreen's video review of the 808 version, I wouldn't be surprised that it's a great performer.

If you find a link to the 510 version, I'd be interested in trying it out.

Heck, Grimm's review of the 808 kit is making me consider picking up one myself, for when I don't feel like carrying an ego setup. That little carto looks like it can really put out.

At home I use a MAP tank, which is wonderful as long as it's kept upright, but it's not very practical for public use, or keeping in the pocket.

That's the reason I've switched to cartos, considering how much they've improved over time, and how awful dripping and atty+carts are, when you're on the go, or trying to stay low-key.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Copy and paste of my youtube comment, below, followed by one thing I noticed in bold, that didn't make it into my youtube comment:

Great review, and it felt very unbiased.

I've not used the Boge 2.0, but I have used the IKV 2.0 mega, which is considered relatively similar, except larger.

I'd fully agree with your review on every point.

The only thing I'll re-emphasize is the higher heat of the draw. Granted, this is going to be personal preference, but the dual coil setup can get a touch too hot for my liking, at times. Some people might consider that a plus, and some won't.

I'm not a TH guy, so for me it's a bit hot.

Added note: Removing the sticker allows the ego cone to be used, but you'll want to remove the glue it leaves behind on the cartomizer as well. I would expect that we'll start seeing steel (non-stickered) models for sale, to get rid of that extra step, but of course I'm just speculating.

Funny you should say that, because I'm looking at my rig right now with a dual loaded with pink spot and guess what! No wrapping! I need to annotate my video. Good point! Looks like I already figured it out!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Made the annotation bladebarrier! Thanks for reminding me!

Just took a trip from Rochester NY to NJ to see my folks. Got all the way there on a full dual carto without having to stop and top-off. Same experience coming back to Rochester NY. At my "driving vape rate" that a full 5 and a half hours on a full carto.

WINNING!!

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Made the annotation bladebarrier! Thanks for reminding me!

Just took a trip from Rochester NY to NJ to see my folks. Got all the way there on a full dual carto without having to stop and top-off. Same experience coming back to Rochester NY. At my "driving vape rate" that a full 5 and a half hours on a full carto.

WINNING!!

Excellent. I'm glad it's working out better that way. A lot of carto's have the same issue, so I too was happy to find that it works in a cone'd environment, after removing the wrapper.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Excellent. I'm glad it's working out better that way. A lot of carto's have the same issue, so I too was happy to find that it works in a cone'd environment, after removing the wrapper.

Yup!

IMG_0100.JPG

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Nice vid and a fair comparison of the Boge and Dual Coil Smoketech. I have been a big fan of the Boge LR for some time now and have about 75 in the gear box. I also like the dual coil even though the draw is a little tighter. I like the additional capacity and flavor and vapor are very good. I would however be leary of running these on Ego/Riva type batts since I have had at least three of them ohm out in the 1.2 - 1.3 range. This is awefully low for that type of batt and does have the potential to kill a MOSFET. I run the Dual coils on 3.7v MODs and keep them off eGo/Riva, Darwin and Vari.

Thanks for a nice review

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Nice vid and a fair comparison of the Boge and Dual Coil Smoketech. I have been a big fan of the Boge LR for some time now and have about 75 in the gear box. I also like the dual coil even though the draw is a little tighter. I like the additional capacity and flavor and vapor are very good. I would however be leary of running these on Ego/Riva type batts since I have had at least three of them ohm out in the 1.2 - 1.3 range. This is awefully low for that type of batt and does have the potential to kill a MOSFET. I run the Dual coils on 3.7v MODs and keep them off eGo/Riva, Darwin and Vari.

Thanks for a nice review

Thank you Liv2Ski!

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I can confirm these dual coil cartos have tigers blood dna in them. Thats's what my volt meter read when I tested it. It just said tigers blood.

Did you ohm them out? What did they come in at? Mine are below 1.5 and again that is what makes me not use them on Ego/Riva batts. Still a great carto but I would imagine if they are hitting in the 1.2 - 1.3 range consitently then I bet we start hearing about bad ego/riav batts soon. I will stick to using them on 3.7v mods and vape away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread