Not open for further replies.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
And thank you! I love all of your videos, seen them all now,

I was a bit skeptical about the need for 5 rounds in the boiler, but after three rotations, I could still smell the mint from my DIY mint chocolate chip blend, even though the colour of the polyfil was bone white again. I just popped them in for round 5 and its clear that your method is fine-tuned.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
And thank you! I love all of your videos, seen them all now,

I was a bit skeptical about the need for 5 rounds in the boiler, but after three rotations, I could still smell the mint from my DIY mint chocolate chip blend, even though the colour of the polyfil was bone white again. I just popped them in for round 5 and its clear that your method is fine-tuned.

Yeah a lot of people mentioned that they can't get the flavor out, but you really have to boil the ..... out of them. Some flavors more than others. You may get some separating/shrinkage/destruction of the filler material if you continue to do this so at some point it's time to throw them away. It's worked well enough for me if I've got a stack of them laying around.

ThreePutt

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
DFW Texas
I may give that a try. I currently boil the eGo attys and have had good results - I think I'm too paranoid about the burnt taste, so I rotate them out - one in use, one freshly boiled. I just got my first batch of LR cartos, and haven't got to the point where I might clean them or throw them out. They're pretty cheap from a disposable viewpoint.

Thanks for the video!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I may give that a try. I currently boil the eGo attys and have had good results - I think I'm too paranoid about the burnt taste, so I rotate them out - one in use, one freshly boiled. I just got my first batch of LR cartos, and haven't got to the point where I might clean them or throw them out. They're pretty cheap from a disposable viewpoint.

Thanks for the video!

My pleasure. I'm usually a 4 or 5 putt myself.

Data4

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Haha! Serendipity. I got turned on to the Boges from your using them as a VTF baseline in your reviews and was just getting ready to send you a message asking how you cleaned them or if you just tossed them. I searched for "cleaning Boge cartomizers" and voila.

I do have a question, though. What's the longest life you've gotten out of a single carto, including the number of times you've cleaned it to keep it working?

NubeeResearcher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Brooklyn, NYC
Another great vid, funny enough, yesterday was my "cleaning carto" day, and I used a different method. Didn't work, and I ruined some cartos, so I'll share that experience here so it doesn't happen to anybody else.

Not sure who was the maker of the youtube video I remembered in my head, but this was the process:

1. Hold the cartos with a plier or other similar device under HOT running water, 5 minutes each.
2. Fill tupperware with vodka about 2 inches (I had 7 cartos to clean, used a small tupperware that sealed nice n tight)
3. Shake cartos vigorously in the vodka (inside the tupperware) until ur arm hurts.
4. Let them sit in the vodka for a few hours.
5. Repeat step 1.
6. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with HOT water.
7. Run cartos under HOT water again.
8. Didn't get to this step because they all stunk of one particularly gross Robitussin like juice, but the last step is to blow em out, dry em, etc.

I dry my cartos with a blowdryer through out the day and it's always worked like a charm and doesn't take as long as some other methods, I also have a professional hair dryer that's ridiculously powerful.

Sooo, what went wrong...well, they didn't get cleaned as per the horrid Robitussin smell, and even WORSE, the 3 GoGo cartos I had cleaned were stripping. The paint had literally come off in some spots and when I picked them up in my hands the paint was flaking off on my fingers.

My question to anybody who may have GoGos or use their cartos - was it the heat of the hot water or the vodka that damaged the paint? I'm sure many people might not know, but maybe from experience with other painted cartos they can tell me if either heat or vodka has damaged them. I'm just surprised that the black "stickered" kinda cartos lasted through the process without any problems and stuck on, but the paint was so easily damaged on the GoGo cartos.

PLAN: Follow Mr. PBusardo's new tutorial and get these babies clean once and for all :D

I will probably scrape the paint that's left on there off, which will leave me with SS GoGo cartos.

Hope this helps someone, and if anybody has any insight it'd be much appreciated!

Last edited:

WindLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Erie, PA
I am brand new to these Boge Cartos today. I literally received my first batch in the mail this afternoon from Stormy's Vapor Cellar to go with my Notta Tank. So first off I would like to say thank you for such an informative video, and such a thorough explanation of your process. I can see I will be trying this in the not to distant future.

I do have a question/concern though. Is there still nicotine left in the carto when you begin the boiling process? If so, is this nicotine being dumped down the sink and into city sewers? If so, what are the environmental ramifications of this on water supplies and such? I am still fairly new to this whole process of vaping, so I am sorry if my questions seem to be of a noobish nature lol!

Anyways, thanks again for such an informative video!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I am brand new to these Boge Cartos today. I literally received my first batch in the mail this afternoon from Stormy's Vapor Cellar to go with my Notta Tank. So first off I would like to say thank you for such an informative video, and such a thorough explanation of your process. I can see I will be trying this in the not to distant future.

I do have a question/concern though. Is there still nicotine left in the carto when you begin the boiling process? If so, is this nicotine being dumped down the sink and into city sewers? If so, what are the environmental ramifications of this on water supplies and such? I am still fairly new to this whole process of vaping, so I am sorry if my questions seem to be of a noobish nature lol!

Anyways, thanks again for such an informative video!

Thanks, but... "environmental ramifications"... really?

Probably no worse than cigarette butts being thrown in the street and washing into the sewer when it rains.
To be honest, the answer is... I don't know.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
After 2 or 3 days of use, the draw on my Boges becomes too tight, like it's getting clogged somewhere.
Does this cleaning method fix this?

Maybe, maybe not. The method works better for getting the previous juice out of the filler material and giving you a clean base for your next juice.

If your coils are "gunked up" this may help, but not solve the problem.

Give it a shot. It doesn't cost anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread