A PBusardo Tutorial : Cleaning Boge 510 Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
Great video and it was hilarious as well. I did it and I would say while they don't perform quite like a brand new cart, they perform pretty well. Even though they are only like $2 a pop, if you clean 50 of them, thats $100 bucks saved so I say its worth it. Thanks so much for posting this!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Great video and it was hilarious as well. I did it and I would say while they don't perform quite like a brand new cart, they perform pretty well. Even though they are only like $2 a pop, if you clean 50 of them, thats $100 bucks saved so I say its worth it. Thanks so much for posting this!

My pleasure Nick!

Nrgaway

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Canada
Thanks for this review!

I tried boiling before but never really worked until you stated to keep reboiling!

My modified version (which takes more time) is to use the 60 lorlock (sp) syringe method with fresh filtered hot water to flush them out first, 5 times with just hot water (300ml in total), then a few times with a mixture of very hot water and vinegar. I find the vinegar helps with the crusty stuff on the coil. (don't reuse the water, expel the water from syringe into drain, not back into bowl).

Then I boil as instructed (boiling removes vinegar taste as well).

After all boiling is complete I use syringe again in opposite direction to blow out water since I do not want bacteria from blowing via mouth entering the carto.

WARNING. Next step could be dangerous and may cause property damage:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I strap up to 2 of them on to my ceiling fan blades with 2 thick tight rubber bands and let the fan run for a few minutes with juice filling end facing outward. Most of the water is expelled that way (I have been able to directly refill carto at this point in a pinch with a dry burn first). Just be cautioned that water will be flinging around the room (cover with paper towel to prevent that, but you will need to change parer towel when its wet to make sure all the water is expelled). It will make the fan work off balance so I tend not to stay in the room when its running in case it falls off ceiling or one of the cartos getting loose may act like a bullet :)

My modified methods are just a combination of other methods I found work good together. YMMV.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Ok, you have just won the MOST UNIQUE way of drying a carto. I LOLd.

Thanks for this review!

I tried boiling before but never really worked until you stated to keep reboiling!

My modified version (which takes more time) is to use the 60 lorlock (sp) syringe method with fresh filtered hot water to flush them out first, 5 times with just hot water (300ml in total), then a few times with a mixture of very hot water and vinegar. I find the vinegar helps with the crusty stuff on the coil. (don't reuse the water, expel the water from syringe into drain, not back into bowl).

Then I boil as instructed (boiling removes vinegar taste as well).

After all boiling is complete I use syringe again in opposite direction to blow out water since I do not want bacteria from blowing via mouth entering the carto.

WARNING. Next step could be dangerous and may cause property damage:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I strap up to 2 of them on to my ceiling fan blades with 2 thick tight rubber bands and let the fan run for a few minutes with juice filling end facing outward. Most of the water is expelled that way (I have been able to directly refill carto at this point in a pinch with a dry burn first). Just be cautioned that water will be flinging around the room (cover with paper towel to prevent that, but you will need to change parer towel when its wet to make sure all the water is expelled). It will make the fan work off balance so I tend not to stay in the room when its running in case it falls off ceiling or one of the cartos getting loose may act like a bullet :)

My modified methods are just a combination of other methods I found work good together. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread