• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A question of rebuildable coils and cotton

Status
Not open for further replies.

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Was wondering how you are finding your flavors? Any preference for either the TFA or FA? One thing I notice with the TFA flavors is if you don't get the concentrations right they can give off a floral or perfume like taste. I've only tried a couple of FA flavors and wasn't that impressed. I've actually just received some Vaping Zone super concentrated flavors, so I'm venturing into some new taste testing.

Their Cacao is nice at 2-3%. It might be able to go higher without ill effect. (I've read great things about TFA's Double Chocolate Clear so once that comes in (probably awhile from now), I'll be able to compare.) Their cookie, however, needs to stay at 2-3%. Higher than that, it starts to taste a bit like a ...stale fortune cookie w/o the vanilla. Their marshmallow...well, I use it to smooth out flavors and it does do that fairly well. Don't really know how "marshmallowy" it tastes though since its only been a secondary. I can't say one's better than the other since I can't fairly compare the concentrates I have, but all-in-all, the next flavoring order'll most likely than not be TFA (and thanks again for the DX-line heads up for non-bulk flavors). FA was ok (their cookie was meh, but I plan on using it in a key lime pie recipe later once I go for another flavoring shipment), but I was particularly impressed with TFA's Creme de Menthe.

With the actual flavors I have (5 from AmeL, one coffee extract of mine, and koolada/EM), I've made a few successful mixes, an Andes Mint from the TFA thread and a Cookie and Coffee blend of my own making. I started the test blends at 10 mL and increase the volume to dilute/concentrate as needed to get a decent flavor. I believe I keep the total flavor percentage around 12-18%.

Let us know how the Vaping Zone flavors are. I'm kinda getting into this DIY liq thing.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
For cotton, I watched PBusardo's video and in his testing (it was very extensive), he finds that the 2 best types of cotton are Japansese cotton and CelluCotton. Luckily for us Koreans, we can get CelluCotton here! Links for CelluCotton:

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=615319097#goodsAnalysis (40ft! Basically a LIFETIME supply!)
ÀüÀÚ´ã¹è±â±â¼îÇθô, ¹«´ÏÄÚƾ¾×»ó, Ä«Å丶ÀÌÀú, ¹«È.±â, MOD, ¹èÅ͸®, ÃæÀü±â, DIY, º¯È¯Á¨´õ ÆǸŠ(50cm for a 1000 won)
Link to PBusardo's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcZjaG9RPZ4

Be careful! Unfortunately there are 2 different kinds of "Cellucotton" - one is 100% cotton, and the other is 100% rayon!!! You need to look carefully at the description. The one in your first link is cotton, and although this probably works ok as a wicking material, it's NOT the rayon kind!!!

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Be careful! Unfortunately there are 2 different kinds of "Cellucotton" - one is 100% cotton, and the other is 100% rayon!!! You need to look carefully at the description. The one in your first link is cotton, and although this probably works ok as a wicking material, it's NOT the rayon kind!!!

ooooh so THATS why the cellucotton I got is a bit off! Throughout this forum all I've heard people say is that rayon doesn't give any other taste except the juice but that wasn't the case with me. For the first 5-6 puffs I get a weird taste but then it's all juice (the innisfree cotton takes longer). Thanks for the heads up :)

I got my cellucotton from cigamall. 1000 won for 10 ft.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
I've never really noticed any taste with the KGD. With organic cotton balls sure, but never with the Japanese cotton. But after many years of smoking my taste buds are probably defective :)

Just wicked the rba section of my subtank with the included japanese cotton and there's no weird taste even on the first pull. Japanese cotton ...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread