A SERIOUS wish list to the modders and vendors. Let's get started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
That's a good one. that's a really good one.
Good, but unrealistic. Run times are limited by the energy density of currently existing battery chemistrys. Li-ion/LiPo is pretty much maxed out at ~350 watt-hours per liter, and barring some major innovations in battery/ultracapacitor design, won't be improving much any time soon.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I saw the vid on that Ato-Miser the other day....looks good !! (haven't done the dollar comparison yet...)

I too would love the regular 510 size with a waaaaay longer battery life....W H Y can't it be 650+ ?

Like candre23 said.... it's energy density limits. I want the new nano-tech batteries with a 5v in a standard 510/mega size. 10x capacity of current cells.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I would like a DIY wood box kit for 2 x AA and especially a 3 x AA configuration. I have built several box mods of each type so far, but only have plastic to work with.

DIY because I like to inset an 801 atty down into the box and nobody sells something like that yet, in wood anyway.

flagreekguy

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Orlando, FL
No body slap me because i'm not an electrician. But would it be absolutely impossible to get a variable ohm atomizer? I mean, wouldn't this completely demolish any need for higher voltage? the ability to have a small 5v mod with the ability to vary between 2.0 to 3.0 or 3.5? depending on your sweetspot?

I'd imagine this would be alot safer than shoving giant batteries in a mod. instead, you can just boost a 14500 or something to 5v like provari does with the 18650 does and regulate it at that voltage, and have the atomizer variable ohm.

Variable Ohm atomizers, possible? or completely impossible?

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
No body slap me because i'm not an electrician. But would it be absolutely impossible to get a variable ohm atomizer? I mean, wouldn't this completely demolish any need for higher voltage? the ability to have a small 5v mod with the ability to vary between 2.0 to 3.0 or 3.5? depending on your sweetspot?

I'd imagine this would be alot safer than shoving giant batteries in a mod. instead, you can just boost a 14500 or something to 5v like provari does with the 18650 does and regulate it at that voltage, and have the atomizer variable ohm.

Variable Ohm atomizers, possible? or completely impossible?

Things like the Bulli A1/A2 & Ato-Miser could be made in any resistance you want by varying the gauge and amount of wire. I suppose you could call that customisable resistance rather than variable resistance. Something like a Terminator from Notcigs is effectively a variable resistor that you put between the atty and the battery connection. Actually building something like that into a disposable atty would probably not be very economical, I would imagine.

flagreekguy

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Orlando, FL
Things like the Bulli A1/A2 & Ato-Miser could be made in any resistance you want by varying the gauge and amount of wire. I suppose you could call that customisable resistance rather than variable resistance. Something like a Terminator from Notcigs is effectively a variable resistor that you put between the atty and the battery connection. Actually building something like that into a disposable atty would probably not be very economical, I would imagine.

Argh, i guessed right. you can't do it with a turn of a dial. it would literally require wiring inbetween ohms. I wonder if there would be a way to actually have 2-4 different ohm setups per atomizer. and whatever dial you crank it to, it turns off all the other atomizers connected to the coil and cranks on the one you turn on.

So, essentially you have 4 different atomizer in one capsule but depending on the dial you turn it to pushes it to what resistor your requesting.

but that would be impossible because the voltage would simply go to the path of least resistance (in this case, the lowest ohm resistor) correct?

Damn, i'm proving my own dream product impossible to make! gah!! lol

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I want a sparkley purple flying pony that smells like rosemary and farts glitter. :)
Seriously though, I'm amazed at the progress that has taken place in this industry in the last year. When I started vaping the 45 minute 901 battery was quite common and now I'm hittin' on a variable voltage mod and have 5 different kinds of attys with an array of resistances and 3 different kinds of cartos. This stuff is moving plenty fast for me, thank you very much.

flagreekguy

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Orlando, FL
I want a sparkley purple flying pony that smells like rosemary and farts glitter. :)
Seriously though, I'm amazed at the progress that has taken place in this industry in the last year. When I started vaping the 45 minute 901 battery was quite common and now I'm hittin' on a variable voltage mod and have 5 different kinds of attys with an array of resistances and 3 different kinds of cartos. This stuff is moving plenty fast for me, thank you very much.

Oh god i 100% agree. No more liquid in my mouth, no more trash eliquid, clouds of vapor and taste is amazing. this industry is moving hella fast.

but when you start figuring out what the ohms means and the voltage means resistance and High resistance and low resistance, stacking batteries, boosting batteries, bottom feeding, top feeding, etc etc you start coming up with crazy ideas too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread