a suggestion for the new device

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashinbrn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
south-east Texas
CRASHINBRN.NET
in light of recent events, i can appreciate the continued development of your devices. saftey being the main factor in the latest changes.
after reading a user removed the plastic insulation from the batteries and continued to use them alarmed me, red flags all over the place. even if it was for a short time. no pun intended. he stated the device got warm while using it. yea, Big Red Flag.

when i recieved my prodigy V3 one of my complaints(to myself) was the batteries were a bit sloppy in the tube. and if you shook it, the batteries rattled around inside the tube. my own solution was to insert a paper liner around the batteries. this alone cured the sloppiness of the batteries. but it also has a secondary effect. it insulates the battery from the wall of the metal tube. preventing a battery to tube wall short.

mind you, i tried some 3.7 batteries and they fit so tight that it pushed the paper out. but i really prefer 6V, it's hard for me to state why, I only know that it works better for me. i would however, settle for 5V.

my point here is that a plastic or paper sleeve around the battery(ies) would provide an additional level of protection from shorts for those who would try to use damaged batteries.

food for thought.

BTW - i have been using 4 sets of rcr123a's for almost 2 years. with only user created issues. yea i dropped it a few times now and all 8 batteries are dented on the flat bottom. but they are becoming weak now so i bought my first replacement sets. 2 sets now.....2 more down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread