Status
Not open for further replies.

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
JoeVa:11174630 said:
Besides carto tanks, I have only tried Protanks v1 and dripping on an atomizer, and carto tanks give the best vaper and flavor by far, but they are a pain in the ...., they don't last very long, and I don't think you can change juices with the same carto and have fresh flavor of that juice.

You actually can... Boil your cargos, soak your tank in Vodka, then rinse out. After a few pots of water for the cartos (strain every 15 min), you get a clean carto.

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
cdsaint66:11175065 said:
Hi! My name is Chris and I'm a cartoholic. I have no intention of quitting either. I stay happy with my Boge single coil LR cartos in either an IBTanked or Phiniac tank. The only problem I have is that I need more tanks. Oh well, I'll just have to collect them one or two at a time.

Welcome to cartos anonymous :p

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    These days Im all about the rebuildable vape. Really like both Genesis with mesh, and drippers with Silica. Pretty much what I use 99% of the time.

But the only other vape I still enjoy, is a carto tank on my Provari. Really great for when Im gonna be busy and cant be focused on my PV for dripping, or keeping it upright.. Throw a Jtank on my Prov, a favorite juice, an Ikenvape carto and bingo.. worry free vape that is satisfying.

But its not as good as a rebuildable atomizer. It IS however, the only vape besides a rebuildable I will bother with. Number 1 reason? At least with Ikenvape Carto(and SOMETIMES boges), there is still immense flavor.

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    I've been using only cartos since I started vaping after reading Baditude's FAQ. I did buy a protank and after a half hour of using it was like "err, no. This is not as good as a dual coil carto" lol

You hit the nail on the head. I have to laugh when I read all the hassles and issues people have with clearos. We vape while they fiddle and fuss.

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    Besides carto tanks, I have only tried Protanks v1 and dripping on an atomizer, and carto tanks give the best vaper and flavor by far, but they are a pain in the ...., they don't last very long, and I don't think you can change juices with the same carto and have fresh flavor of that juice.

You must be using some bad cartos or doing something different than the rest of us. Tank-cartos are about 100% less hassle than a clearo and much more consistent. I go 10 - 14 days on a carto doing nothing but adding some eliquid to the tank once a day. I don't know how you can get simpler than that.

Last edited:

XMit

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2011
    Midwest
    I used to vape IKV 801 Fusions and Boge 3.0's in an M1A1 tank for a long time. I got tired of Boge's being on and off as far as being good or junk and IKV is never in stock. So, I got the best of both worlds, a rebuildable with a tank.

Ultimately I build it like a giant carto anyway, with cotton and a micro coil.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    One thing I will say in favor of the Carto...

Rebuildable attys.. specifically silica drippers, SERIOUSLY kick up the flavor level. And, kind of not surprisingly once you think about it, thats not always a good thing.

Sometimes, the flavor muting that a carto is known for, is a good thing. Sometimes that "vignetting" that cartos provide really helps the flavor overall.

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    After rebuildables cartos are like the tampon of the vaping world to me now.

I never add rebuildables when making these comparisons. On most levels they appear to provide a better vape than all three of the alternatives. But the majority are not going to go down the rebuildable route, so I don't include it. If someone ask me what is the smoothest driving car to buy, I'm not going to mention a Bently or Rolls Royce.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread