The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

About to order my first PV - worried about customs.

Discussion in 'Australia - New Zealand Forum' started by Guvernor, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Guvernor

Guvernor Full Member

Hi there.

So I've asked my parents to make an e-cig my birthday present this year and they were only too happy to learn about this incredible invention (As I was)

I need a really quick reply to some questions as I'll be ordering one online tomorrow morning with my parents before returning to my home city.

For the PV I've decided on a 901.
    Supplier I've decided on Eastmall/David Yang as he seems to have a damn good reputation around here.

A few questions:

1) Will customs sieze anything I order from the states? I've heard that devices and cartridges tend to get through OK but liquid sometimes gets trapped in customs. I really don't want to have to order carts nonstop due to freight costs.

2) How often will I need to be ordering replacement atomizers? There seems to be a vast deviation in lifespans for these things. Any testimonials for the 901?

3) Cartridges are meant to be disposable right? But you can refill them with liquid? In that case do they ever reach a point where they've been refilled too often and "burn out" ? I haven't been able to find any specific information on carts or decent high res close-ups. I sort of assumed they contained some sort of absorbant paper or foam due to people talking about being shipped "dry" ones.

Quick reply greatly appreciated!

- Guv (Aus)

2. Guvernor

Guvernor Full Member

20 views aaaaaaand ECF fails to deliver.

3. nitemarch

nitemarch Full Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2009
    Hi Guvenor. To answer your questions (I am in Australia too)

1) I have never order e-cig products from the US however all my e-cig parts and juices have cleared customs within 2hrs-24hrs arriving from China. None of my packages appeared opened or checked.

2) I would order as many atomizers as you can afford. I have only had one fail so far (was a really cheap on) and my 3 week old SLB 901's seem to be fine. But I have heard the life span of an atty is around 1-2 mths on average.

3) As the carts are plastic, unless they get burned from the atty or are broken they should last a long time. Its the filler inside that needs replacing after it loses its absorbency after cleaning too often. I go to the supermarket and purchase cheap aquarium filter wool-stuff. Works fine. Just be careful to check often as the threads can burn if too dry or stuck in the atty.

I find the automatic batteries "switch" gets stuck a lot in e-cigs. Some are recoverable. Some are not. I would order manual batteries as they don't seem to have this same problem as you operate the switch yourself. I would recommend buying extra batteries. I get my parts and juices from Ruyan Direct (Heaven's Gifts). It is a Chinese company and they seem to have reliable parts.

Good luck :)

4. nitemarch

Aug 11, 2009
    Guvernor I don't think there are many Australians who post here, not as many as the US or UK. This is the Australian forum

5. Guvernor

Guvernor Full Member

Thanks for the reply mate.
    Just ordered a 901 starter kit + 5 atts and 100ml of liquid.

Cant wait!

6. passerbyeus

passerbyeus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2009
    Kentucky
  7. nitemarch

Aug 11, 2009
    You're welcome Guvernor. Hi Passerbyeus!

8. Benvolio

Benvolio Full Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Hi guys, sorry to hijacked thread, however i'm new to this, just ordered my 8084 PCC Starter Kit - Black from East mall together with a 100ml liquid. I pray they come through!

9. nitemarch

Aug 11, 2009
    cool. let us know how your order goes. I have seen their site.

10. billyboy689

billyboy689 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2008
    australia
    gday Guvernor
    i just recieved an order from eastmall today (to adelaide) that contained various items including juice,got thru no problems
    took 6 business days as per usual
    gotta love Eastmall

11. Benvolio

Benvolio Full Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Good on you Billy! I'm located in Sydney NSW, anyone here too? and got no problems receiving liquids from online suppliers? Need more people to voice out so i feel good about them coming through!! haha

12. Guvernor

Guvernor Full Member

Excellent, good to know.

I've been lurking this forum for days now twiddling my thumbs and willing my PV to somehow arrive instantly. Charring down analogs and generally driving myself insane with anticipation.

......MIT I WANT IT NOW ><

13. Benvolio

Benvolio Full Member

Aug 20, 2009
    <--- constantly checking on tracking status... Dang still in China..

14. Guvernor

Guvernor Full Member

2009-08-22 07:47:00 COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA MELB EMS
    Handed over to Customs

2009-08-22 09:05:00 COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA MELB EMS Released from Customs

Woohoo!

15. Guvernor

Guvernor Full Member

901 starter kit plus 5 atty's + 100ml of Kent high juice arrived in Perth this morning (monday) after clearing Melbourne and Perth customs with nothing removed.

Ordered it last tuesday. (6 days including the weekend)
    (David Yang/Eastmall)

First time user impressions:
    Throat hit is a bit harsh tbh. And why is tobacco flavour so sweet? Using the carts that came with it, which reportedly are usually pretty **** compared to juice.

16. Benvolio

Benvolio Full Member

Aug 20, 2009
    I've got mine too!!!! woohooo with juice.. cleared customs as well!!!

17. purrin

purrin Full Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Hi I'm new here but I ordered an njoy ncig kit about a week and a half ago (from the States) and it arrived ok today, I also had to buy an adaptor from **** smith.

I've ordered more replacement cartridges so I hope they get through ok as I spent a pretty penny on them. Although if all goes well and a cartridge lasts a day it should cost me about half the price of regular smokes.

The package was unopened so this time customs didn't check. Don't know what they'd say if they opened a pack of cartridges - they're labelled pretty discreetly - do they test for nicotine at customs???

So far I like the ncig, it didn't seem to have the same hit as a regular smoke at first but I'm sort of getting used to it and it's quite good. Very smooth. I think I might enjoy it a bit too much. Dear oh dear I hope the cartridge does indeed last me the entire day. (I usually smoke a good packet to packet and a half or two at times)

I don't know anything about liquid or if you can refill the ncig cartridges with liquid or whatever, sounds like a hassle to import it too, I think I'll just stick to buying cartridges for the time being. Anyone got any advice on this?

How do you know when to replace your cartridges and atomisers - does it just stop vaping?

And what's this stuff about the anti-freeze poison ingredient and rumours from the FDA that ecigs are bad for you. Does anyone know which brands they tested. Whats your feel on how much healthier these are?
    Thanks

Purrin.

18. Guvernor

Guvernor Full Member

one cartridge wont last you anywhere near a day

more like 5 smokes ..maybe 10 on larger ones.
    you will more than likely have to refill your carts with juice.. it's easy as pie and heaps cheaper again than cartridges

pretty much the vapour will slow down and eventually stop. It's a good idea to top up as soon as you notice you are getting less vapour. Vaping dry hurts your atomiser and shortens its lifespan.

19. purrin

purrin Full Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Thanks for your reply guv,

Then they're a bit expensive $18.00AU plus postage for five cartridges. I hooked one up about 8pm last night and it lasted till about two am and a few puffs this morning. I was puffing on it a fair bit though. So do you think you can refill the ncig cartridges with juice? is that what you do just open the cartridge and pour juice into it. Because I my cartridges are intended to be disposable. How much is the juice, where do you get it from, how long does it last? What's it called? (So I can search for it on the internet, or do you know the best price/value from somewhere? and like this thread opened with if you are resusing the cartridges is there any lifespan to reusing the actual cartridge.

What will be the proceedure if customs open it, will they summons me or something?

20. Barbi355

Barbi355 Full Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    NQ Australia
    i bit the bullet and just ordered a super mini 84mm black with blue indicator promo pac from heavens gifts
    Including
    *Atomizer 2pc
    *100mAh Rechargeable Lithium battery(black) 2pc
    *100-240V Charger(Optional plugs: US plug, Euro plug or UK plug) 1pc
    If no special requirement, we choose suitable plug for customers
    *Manual(English) 1pc
    *Standard cartridges (unexchangeable) 6pc
    marlboro flavor, 2 high, 2 med, 1 low, 1 none
    *USB charger (fit 8084 batteries only) 1pc
    *Car charging adapter 1pc
    *Portable case 1pc
    *Extra cartridges 50pc

for 90 AUD deliverd via EMS. I ive in NQ do ill keep you posted on delivery. ordered on Friday was shipped monday. still waiting for it to show up on EMS tracking. Fingers crossed all goes well. cant wait to vape at work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.