Absolute-Wood Custom Holders Showcase Thread! New Line of Holders Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Good Morning -

I'll be out of commision for probably a couple weeks - My tablesaw(1986) had a catastrophic failure and can't be repaired... :( We had a good run!

New saw should be here in the next couple weeks - chomping at the bit

And, I'll be out of the country from June 7th thru the 14th - Cancun

Thanks guys and girls,

Rick

snoopyjkbx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2011
OC, California
to clarify, i "liked" the vacation part, not the broken tablesaw part!

Good Morning -

I'll be out of commision for probably a couple weeks - My tablesaw(1986) had a catastrophic failure and can't be repaired... :( We had a good run!

New saw should be here in the next couple weeks - chomping at the bit

And, I'll be out of the country from June 7th thru the 14th - Cancun

Thanks guys and girls,

Rick

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
No worries! I figured as much. I'm just glad when it "came apart", nothing got shot my way...:shock: It served me well for 27 years.

Looking forward to the vaca part. A graduation present for my youngest son whom is graduating HS this year. Even better, we get a vacation too! My twins graduated two years ago, and we did the same thing.

to clarify, i "liked" the vacation part, not the broken tablesaw part!

For the woodworkers amongst us:

Have my eye on a new Grizzly Hybrid :drool: I'll order it if I don't find a good local used Unisaw by the weekend.

Just missed a really nice one - mid 90's, xlnt shape, and only $900! (same price as the new Grizzly) Would love to own this Ferrari of tablesaws... Just can't swallow spending $3500+ on a new one.

I've been sketching and thinking up new holder ideas - a modular holder system where you can mix and match holder "elements" and re-arrange them as you like. Also, because Walnut is quite light, a PV or juice Holder fridge magnet made of walnut. I even bought a small peltier chip that can fit in the bottom of a juice bottle hole to either warm or cool the juice powered by a 18650 battery in the holder. That one might take some creativity...

I'll let everyone know when my new toy, er... I mean business asset arrives!

Cheers,

Rick

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Have a good time Rick but don't drink the water. :)

True Dat! Only bottled water...

Actually, the resort is really cool. Imagine going into the rainforest/jungle right near the beach, and making a resort-timeshare right there, cut out of the forest. That's what it's like. When you walk along the walkways to the pools, stores or whatever, you see the strangest animals and birds just wandering around. It's really secluded and awesome. And they have several busses daily to take you into town if you like. So you're not separated from civilization completely!

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Hello everyone,

Back from the holiday weekend, and the good news is my new saw will be here tomorrow. Yea! Heard it's in a few boxes... assembly time!

How do we order one of these?

You can email me at: renderwerks at hotmail dot com, or send me a PM with a gear list if you would like something custom, or pick the number of the holder you like from this thread, and we can decide on wood(s) and extras, and go from there. It's about 3 weeks from start to mailing for holders.

I'll be on vacation until June 14, and should have the new saw fine tuned and ready to go by then. I try, but don't always check here daily at the moment, and will likely be out of touch June 7 - June 14 (out of country). Internet access is sketchy sometimes down there, but I'll try and check in if I can.

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend-

Cheers,

Rick

Last edited:

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Saw update! It's here! Still waiting on one more part to arrive before I can use it.

I've gotten most of it assembled, and hope to do some test cutting to dial the saw in before we leave for Cancun next Friday.

I have to apologize for being absent as of late... I'm dealing with some major family health issues, my son's graduation, and how to deal with two kids in college! Promise I'll be back on the horse soon and making mounds of wood chips!

Thanks for understanding-

Cheers,

Rick

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Hola! Greetings from Cancun, Mexico!

Finally ordered a day of internet - and ready to throw the "room computer" out the window... So slow, it's horribly frustrating...

We've been blessed with beautiful sunny days (poured for two days just before we arrived), and are having a great time.

I'm loving it here, but still looking forward to coming home. Hope everyone is doing fine and looking forward to getting back to our "normal" routine (at least as normal as can be said about me ;) ).

Take care my friends-

Rick

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Well, I'm back in beautiful Rancho Cucamonga... at least we still have the beach and palm trees here! Still a little hard to get back into the swing of things - miss it already!

I've got a handful of custom designs going right now - and a new one I'm pretty excited about... Trust that if I've talked with you in the previous 3 weeks or so, I'm plugging away at a design for you. I'm putting most everything on the back burner now to work on the customs, and will resume stock holders, new product lines and a website asap.

Glad to be back-

ps: on a side note, I can testify about the abuse a Vamo can take and come back singing! I was on the beach and didn't notice it rolled off my chair and was in the wet sand and a really shallow (1" or less) wave had washed over it... You could see condensation inside the display window, so I rinsed it with bottled water and then with some Everclear ethanol - held it without the bottom cap on it at the end of a vacuum hose for a minute or two... came right back and is working fine. I can't hardly believe it.

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Hey all-

I am currently cleaned out of holders at the moment. I can make duplicates, or a particular holder in different woods if you like. My turn around time is about 3 weeks from start to mailing day. Just PM me if you would like a holder; "stock" or otherwise.

Be sure and check out my other thread with pics of many holders and pricing.

Have a good one-

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread