Absorbtion rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

iori276

Jul 6, 2009
Aiken, SC
Just curious im shopping around for 48mg to vape straight. i know high. but the 20's and 30's arent cutting it on the nic fits most of the time. but when emailing i got this response...just curious.. im an electronic engineer not a health studies kinda guy but it seems off... or something.. mabey im just retarted...

The 48 mg is strictly for DIY remixing...Your body is only capable of absorbing about 21 to 24 Mg on a puff anyway...You should just vape more frequently until your cravings simmer down...Thansk for the inquiry.

whouldnt the absorbtion rate depened on
1. your body?
2. how long you hold it in?
3. just basically how does one only absorb that when they are producing it into their system. Just like if if pure nic was put onto ones self... youd absorb it all not 21-24 of it ... just curious and confused.... cus 20's an 30's as i said.. aint doing it.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If 36mg is not cutting it for you, then I need to ask what device are you using? I vape 24mg and before I would ever consider vaping 48mg, I would get a better device, bigger battery, that warms the vapor better and does a much better job of dealing with nicotine issues.

The Prodigy is 5 volts and the GG is 6 volts. What are you using?

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
I was having the same issue. I vape 24mg liquid and instead of upping the strength I went ahead and got a 5v device. It's cured the problem for me. In the mornings I will sometimes take 4 or 5 drags off some 36mg unflavored, but 24mg is now sufficient where it wasn't before I upped my voltage. It got me off analogs completely.

Ridewithme38

Moved On
Jun 22, 2009
i smoked a half pack a day before starting vaping...now i vape almost exactly as often as i smoked...I NEED 24mg to get through the cravings....if you look back through the forum you will find a study that showed over a 5 minute time frame the body only absorbs about 10% of the nicotine through vaping that it does through smoking(If anyone could post that Official Study that would be Great!)http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...5034-nicotine-absorbtion-vaping-research.html

If you vape with the same consistancy that you smoked...I can definatly see how you could need 48mg...Buy it...Try it...If you feel sick...Vape less...

10% of 48mg is only 4.8mg's of Nicotine or about 5 cigarettes...A cartridge has been said to equal about 4-5 cigarettes worth(Mine holds about 1/2ml) at a pack a day thats about 2ml of 48mg liquid...IF the math holds true..AND you vape EXACTLY like you smoked...48 would probly be the best way to go

Last edited:

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
But does anyone know if what was quoted to me is correct about the absorption rate?

It's just a guess. The best and only reasonable method is to listen to your body and move up slowly until you are satisfied.

Higher voltage devices 5v+ do seem to satisfy better but thats based on user posts with no science to back it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread