AC is not what it used to be for me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whizdumb81

Verified Member
Mar 7, 2010
NJ, USA
Hello all,

I have noticed in my last two or so orders from Tasty Vapor, that the AC has changed from the recipe that I had tried earlier this year. I do not wish to put down Tasty Vapor in anyway as I have been a loyal customer since I started vaping. What I seem to be sensing is the overuse of some sort of sweetener that tastes artificial and chemical-ly. I don't know exactly what might be causing this but I'm really just putting a feeler out there to try and determine if anyone else has experienced this aftertaste that I'm about to describe.

From what I remember of AC the first time I enjoyed it was warm cinnamon sensation on the tip of your tongue, a very healthy TH, and a delightful sweet exhale that tasted as close to a sugar cookie in my mouth as vapor could taste. These days I seem to get a spicy and mildly chemical like cinnamon flavor, with a healthy TH and, an artificial burnt chemical like aftertaste on exhale.

I have experimented a little to try and find out what this may be that was causing this taste malfunction. I tried different Atty's, Different Voltages, Different Drag times.. Everything I could think of. Then It hit me... I have some sucralose sweetener from TV and I should try to add some of that.. And wouldn't you know it.. It amplified the artificial and burnt chemical type taste many times over (NOT GOOD).

I have drawn my conclusion and I think that TV is sweetening AC with this sucralose stuff ( they may have originally sweetened it with another type of sweetener like Ethyl Maltol or some variant) . I have never specifically requested any Sweetner be added (I just expected that lovely natural sweetness that he had originally added). I would just like to know if anyone else has experienced this flavor issue and if there is anything that any of you have spoken about with Geoff or the TV team regarding this. I really think that the aftertaste is a by-product of the rapid heating of artificial sweetener; like what takes place in our atty's... and the aftertaste comes from the gunk or remains of the heated liquid.

Once again, I'm in no way trying to put TV down and I know that flavor is extremely subjective. However, I'm trying to narrow down the cause and source of my debacle so that I can put this to bed. Also is it beyond me to consult with Geoff about this and ask him to modify his most popular liquid because something seems off to me?

I dunno, I'm lost and confused in this whole thing. I'm counting on all of you for help..

PS I dunno if this would help anyone to narrow down the cause.. But I also remember my first bottle of AC arrived and the liquid was practically Neon Green in color and took a good long while (like 2 month) to turn to a very deep brown color. Recently my liquid has shipped and it has been either yellowish or reddish. I guess it always comes a different color.... Wouldn't it be great if my problem was some sorta food coloring issue that they could just take out?

Last edited:

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
mostlylinux.wordpress.com
It's possible Geoff uses a different sweetener (or other ingredient) in it than he used to. I love Sucralose, so I would probably love it, but I can empathize with your plight because I dislike some other sweeteners. If I were you I'd contact Geoff and ask him if he's changed the recipe. I'd also ask him if he'd be willing to make it the old way for you. The worst that can happen is he can say no, and you'll have to go on the hunt for another flavor like it. Also, maybe if enough of you ask, he'll bring back the original recipe. :)

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
I have noticed this as well. I ordered my first 1oz bottle of AC several weeks ago in a 24mg strength. I was so blown away by the flavor because it tasted exactly like an atomic fireball. I thought that it would be perfect to try a doubler at zero nic because it tasted sooo good. When I got my doubler, I was really disappointed. It tastes nothing like my 24mg liquid. There is a very bitter nasty aftertaste which completely ruins the flavor. I was going to order a doubler of Tin Box Mint, but now I am afraid to try it. I definitely won't be ordering any more AC until I hear that the problem has been addressed. :(

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
I have noticed this as well. I ordered my first 1oz bottle of AC several weeks ago in a 24mg strength. I was so blown away by the flavor because it tasted exactly like an atomic fireball. I thought that it would be perfect to try a doubler at zero nic because it tasted sooo good. When I got my doubler, I was really disappointed. It tastes nothing like my 24mg liquid. There is a very bitter nasty aftertaste which completely ruins the flavor. I was going to order a doubler of Tin Box Mint, but now I am afraid to try it. I definitely won't be ordering any more AC until I hear that the problem has been addressed. :(

exactley the same thing happened to me. i probably wont order more AC at all, untill something changes, i cant afford to buy this juice without the savings i get from doublers.

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
Well to be honest it's interesting that you mentioned that! I thought my tastebuds started acting up on me. I've noticed that taste on other flavors, I always ask for super sweetner on my orders but I'm starting to think twice on that. I've noticed that "diet coke "artificial sweetner after taste on some juices recently purchased. I'm curious if Geoff changed the sweetner type! I just thought it was me! It's not that it tastes so bad I can't vape it, it's just more pronounced.

Whizdumb81

Verified Member
Mar 7, 2010
NJ, USA
I've noticed that "diet coke "artificial sweetner after taste on some juices recently purchased.

I Honestly couldn't have said it better myself.. except at 6v... this stuff kinda tastes like burnt diet coke artificial sweetener (even a hint of burnt lemony flavor too..like that crystal light mix stuff) to me.. It makes it kinda unpleasant.. But I fell in love with AC when I first tried it.. And I really want that flavor back sooooooooo bad! I would even pay extra for the old recipe. It's become one of those things that money isn't really an object in this case for me.

Please Geoff chime in if you can. I would be eternally grateful for any light you could shed on this topic.

Whizdumb81

Verified Member
Mar 7, 2010
NJ, USA
What time date are you referring to with your first bottle?

I have a doubler and e-liquid I am working on back from early May.
I also have a new batch of doubler and e-liquids from last month that I have not opened yet but will be soon.

Honestly, I think my first bottle that I'm referring to was back in February of March of this year.

Do me a favor... Take a vape off some AC, then try to concentrate on the aftertaste.. then if you have a bottle of surcalose based sweetener from TV give it a big ol' wiff. Tell me that your not getting an aftertaste that matches all the same nuances that the straight-up sweetener has.. Heck.. I've even gone as far as dabbing a drop of the sucralose sweetner on my tounge.. and while it is sweet, the aftertaste will acctually linger much longer than the sweet taste. Then go ahead and burn that aftertaste.. And that's what I'm tasting.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I have bottles from the very begining of TV Time along with current bottles as well. There are differences, what I can pin it down. Could it be do to growth of a company? I dont think so as Geoff only wants to get better and better I'm sure. Could it be do to other doing the Mixing??? I'm not sure on this one but I'm sure Geoff is training his mixers to do it the way he trains them. Bottom line is quality control QC. If there are people getting on this ban wagon then something could be going in the wrong direction for sure but I hope not as I've been buying from Geoff & TV for a long time and I know Geoff, he only wants the best for everyone. Geoff could you please chime in here on this thread and explain what is different in your mixes if anything from the begining up to now?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
The color has changed a couple of times as well, I believe Geoff change the flavoring as well since it was killing Attys and also went from an oil to a nn oil, I could be completely wrong here but I would like to here what Geoff has to say so I will wait to see if he Chimes in here as he usually does when questions like this arise, Either way its a great vape but personally I like the original Mix he use to make better as I still have doublers from the original that I just started using again and really like em better then some of the newer stuff I have

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
Dont pull out just because of this, it's still a great vape and TV is still one of the best juices on the market, price wise and quality wise

price wise is why i first ordered from TV, but ive had 240ml of 24mg atomic cinnacide (4 bottles of 48mg and 2 2oz doublers) in the last month that i cannot vape. so the only way i can vape AC is if it isnt mixed with doubler and that sorta ruins the price for me. by the way the AC i got in 24mg that i have not mixed with doubler is vapable(still has a weird taste) but not nearly as good as the first AC i had.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
I would suggest you chat with Geoff, he is a nice guy and if there is something he can do to get your juice where you wanted it I'm sure he would help you. I feel lucky I have held onto my original doublers of the AC and a few of the 48mg bottles as well though because they are the king of all kings of mix.!!

mux

Jun 18, 2010
West Coast
I would suggest you chat with Geoff, he is a nice guy and if there is something he can do to get your juice where you wanted it I'm sure he would help you.
This.

The TV customer support is outstanding. I've had a few times I've had to contact their customer support and everyone I've talked to are really nice and willing to help. I wouldn't expect them to jump off a bridge, but so far TV customer support has been really helpful for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread