Status
Not open for further replies.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
For me it has nothing whatever to do with principles, except the principle of not going broke. I've never even spent $100 on a mod, so it's sure not happening with an atty.

Andria
Oh, come on Andria. Have you never spent absurdly on a genuine Gucci bag? Live a little. I bet you spend $125 in a month on Starbucks alone :p

Reactions: gt_1955

gmoney$

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
California
Agree with Mostly Sunny (hey aren't you the one who started this whole thing quite a few months back?) -- also, my email with the paypal link came in with a slightly different sender name -- Aleksandr Bozhko rather than Titanium mods -- so make sure you scan your junk mail and if using gmail check in those separate folders (primary, updates, promotions). But it sounds like you're ok and a single dude is working thru the orders. Thanks to your post I ordered a replacement kit separately, and have got the two emails confirming order but no paypal link yet (has been a couple hours)

Reactions: MostlySunny

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Oh, come on Andria. Have you never spent absurdly on a genuine Gucci bag? Live a little. I bet you spend $125 in a month on Starbucks alone :p

No, if I buy a handbag instead of getting them from my mom when she tires of them, I go to Walmart or Target (ditto that for anything I wear). I also have a Chevy Silverado, not a BMW.

There is such a thing as spending more than you oughta, and then there's blowing the grocery money/mortgage payment. I will never do the latter. ($126 is a little more than what we spend on a typical payday grocery-shop at Walmart -- twice a month -- so it's the equivalent to me, of more than half a month's groceries, for 2 people -- a full month for one person)

Andria

Reactions: MsLoud

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
I have had my original for about a year now, I also picked up the clone not too long ago. The airhole on the clone is larger than the authentic, so maybe the 2 just opens up the air to the size of the clone? I'm excited! It did take forever and a day to get here, though, so hopefully by Thanksgiving we'll have them in our hands.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I am REALLY glad he has started making another round of the Achilles, and is keeping the design of the deck the same. Not sure I like the raised deck on the newer Prometey. I wonder if he'll be engraving "To my friend ......" like he used to?
For all the free promotion he's getting on this thread, he ought to be engraving them "to my friend CosmicGopher", "to my friend gmoney$", "to my friend MostlySunny," etc.

Reactions: gmoney$

gmoney$

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
California
Looking at the replacement kit for the updated Achilles (the II) ... looks like same deck design with the exception that the white delrin/plastic plate beneath is circular and covers the whole cross-section of the deck rather than being a rectangle covering only part of the space. That's very minor and applies only if the photo of the replacement kit is actually the right one. Then -- again if the right devices are described on the site -- there's supposed to be a bit of a redesign on the top cap. And the photo does show some exterior top cap changes, not that those would likely have the effect described "prevents filler from twisting" so we shall see. Andria pointed out that the term filler sounds more prometey than achilles. An accessory is for sale for the Prometey that looks to fit the description of "filler" which is described in text as "filter" so who knows what is up...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Looking at the replacement kit for the updated Achilles (the II) ... looks like same deck design with the exception that the white delrin/plastic plate beneath is circular and covers the whole cross-section of the deck rather than being a rectangle covering only part of the space. That's very minor and applies only if the photo of the replacement kit is actually the right one. Then -- again if the right devices are described on the site -- there's supposed to be a bit of a redesign on the top cap. And the photo does show some exterior top cap changes, not that those would likely have the effect described "prevents filler from twisting" so we shall see. Andria pointed out that the term filler sounds more prometey than achilles. An accessory is for sale for the Prometey that looks to fit the description of "filler" which is described in text as "filter" so who knows what is up...

A Prometey with that filler in it is somewhat of a "DIY rebuildable carto" -- same basic principle as a carto, just rebuildable. I have a Prometey, but I haven't tried it with the filler, just as a straight dripper for tasting (since the flavor provided is very similar to my ADV Achilles).

Andria

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I notice that the photo of the kit for the Achilles II is the same photo used for the Prometey III kit. Maybe in setting up the page he thought, "meh, close enough."

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Placed my order, the Cosmic is stoked now!
I count 4 for just this thread, just this afternoon--so far. If we can ring up 19, perhaps we could talk the Ukranian guy into engraving the 20th "to my friend Andria." She's talked up the Achilles enough to have earned a 5% finder's fee.

Reactions: gmoney$

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I count 4 for just this thread, just this afternoon--so far. If we can ring up 19, perhaps we could talk the Ukranian guy into engraving the 20th "to my friend Andria." She's talked up the Achilles enough to have earned a 5% finder's fee.

Which would only bring the price down to $119, still more than twice what I've spent on any other piece of vape gear, even mods. I'm not rich; I'm not well-off; we can just about pay our bills, with just a little margin left over for a few vapey thing. $120 is about 3-4 months of vape budget.

Andria

Reactions: Libbydude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread