The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Acrylic Ash Cap Replacement

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by sio2, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sio2

sio2 Full Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Thanks everyone,

TnA,
    Nylon would work fine, I just happen to have a bunch of scrap acrylic on hand. I would much prefer machining the nylon, acrylic is miserable stuff.

2. raven9mm

raven9mm Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2009
    IL
    Looks great Sio, makes me kinda wish I still used the OEM batteries...:rolleyes:

3. Kelly79

Kelly79 Guest

Jul 7, 2009
    Alaska
    The 901 hard cap works too, good for stealth vaping cause then the LED is just a pinhole at the end.

4. lairkeeper

lairkeeper Super Member ECF Veteran

Is anyone making the acrylic ones like the original and selling? I would love to have a few and know of a few others that want them too.

5. DaveyRoots

DaveyRoots Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego
  6. Kookie

Kookie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just mentioned something like this in another post. If batteries come with a white LED and if you can make the caps in different colored acrylic, I think that would be the coolest. You could easily change the color of the light to suit your mood. Better yet, maybe clear plastic cap on the battery with a colored film mounted in a cap over that.
    [​IMG]
    Just think... With a white LED, in a pinch, you've lost something in the dark. Pull off your colored cap. Instant handy micro flashlight, lol.

You know this happened to me. It was dark out and I was changing carts at a picnic table. The cart rolled off the table into the grass. I had to go get a flash light. :-x

7. NCC

NCC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    I'd like it if it was opaque.

8. godp777

godp777 Full Member

May 17, 2010
    MD
    this is way cooler then the ash cap..i hate how the e cig tries to mimic a real cig n i always thought the ash cap was the crappiest looking thing. at first i wanted an e cig that looked and felt like a real cig but after vaping for a while i want it to be as different as possible..lol

9. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Jan 13, 2010
    I like it sio,:2cool: very smooth! I just don't use those type bat's anymore but alot of people sware by them..nice touch.

10. warbdan

warbdan Moved On ECF Veteran

Take a cartomizer cap off and use the rubber seal that's in there. It's even got a small hole in it already. It looks better than a cartridge condom on the end of your e-cig! LOL

11. warbdan

warbdan Moved On ECF Veteran

Nevermind, it'll pop out, LMFAO

12. tinlizzie

tinlizzie Full Member

Dec 8, 2010
    urbana Illinois
    I think your on to something. I absolutely hate the ash caps that come on batts and yours look amazing. I think you should sell them. I know I would buy them.

13. Mikkie

Mikkie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2011
    Pottstown, PA
    Love that look! you need to let us know if you decide to sell them!

14. Jettatore

Jettatore Full Member

Jan 10, 2011
    US
    Could you give more detailed instructions on how you did this. I have never worked with acrylic before and I don't know what you mean by "turned down". I really want to make one of these, I haven't even gotten my new 902 yet and I don't like the gray ash caps at all, they look dopey. Thank you so much, very good design.

15. vaporbird

vaporbird Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2011
    Bronx
    Just found this thread. This is just the sort of thing I was looking for. More informations OR purchase info would be ~lovely~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.