add a side port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnnaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
GA
New dct has issues...lol! The bottom cap o ring will not let go of the cartomizer AND the bottom outer o ring allows the tank to slide up when I try to pull the carto. So...I filled the tank by taking the top cap off....and the pressure of replacing the cap caused a flood....sigh. I have several very small thumb screws and was thinking of adding a side fill port. Do I need a gasket of sorts to hold the juice in...or will the thumb screw sufice?

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
It doesn't need a gasket. Just drill a hole the same size as your thumb screw then screw it in. I've done three tanks myself so far, very easy. The first one, I used a tapping screw after drilling the hole but it created tiny fractures around the hole, so I didn't use it the next couple of tanks and they are absolutely fine. They're thin plastic, so the screw makes it's own threads.

Practice on a plastic container first, like an empty ketchup bottle or something. :D

OnnaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
GA
So...here's my problem now. I drilled a hole in the top side of the tank, thumb screw fits perfectly. It STILL floods...every last drop!!! I don't have enough juice to keep testing this damned thing. I just tried again, small holes in the carto...with about 20/80 PG/VG....still flooded....sigh. What else could be causing this? Is there air coming in around the o-rings? I don't know what else to do. I have been using a tank, so I'm not a complete noob with this. Other tank is just fine (no need for a side port). AAAAGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

OnnaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
GA
I'm guessing an o-ring. The tank plastic gives just a little if I squeeze it...unlike my first tank. Also, the bottom cap outer o-ring slips enough that the tank comes apart when I try to take the carto out. The o-rings look okay...any way to tighten them up? I may just buy some tubing and start a new tank body...if I can figure out the tubing size needed. It's a 3.5ml smoketech dct....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread