Status
Not open for further replies.

dartmania2002

Oct 15, 2013
Buffalo NY
Hey guys, sorry for yet another noob question, but I was browsing around fasttech looking to spend more money. I am thinking of adding a "mod" to my order today, such as the Vamo or the SVD, but I don't have a clue about batteries. When it lists multiple battery sizes will fit, because it telescopes, is the easy answer just buy the biggest one?

Also, where do I go about buying said batteries and charger? Is this something that will get through customs? Should I just head on over to Radio Shack? I want to make sure that I am using a safe battery and charge system. Thanks again, You all Rock!

ohmyidontthinkthisworks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
No Where, Iowa

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Best place to buy batteries is an ecig vendor that specializes in mod batteries and offers consistant low prices. The above mentioned RTD Vapor is the BEST place. AW brand batteries are the most recommended by the majority of mod manufacturers as the most consistant & high quality battery. Most ECF members use this battery.

I strongly recommend that you purchase the red AW IMR batteries. They come in the sizes that you need, 18350 and 18650.

AW 18650 IMR 2000mah

AW 18350 IMR 700mah

Should you need a charger for the above batteries, I recommend either a Nitecore Intellicharger i2 or an Xtar WP2 II,

Nitecore Intellicharger i2

Xtar WP2 II

I also recommend picking up some plastic battery cases for each size battery you buy. These are to put your spare batteries in should you need to carry spares in your pocket. Loose change, keys, whatever... anything metal can short the batteries and cause them to vent in your pocket (believe me, not a good thing to happen).

Battery Cases

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected?

Last edited:

scruffmagee

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Chicago, IL

IIRC, HK Post is still rejecting battery shipments, so he might not want to order the batteries. It would suck to have to have his entire order sent back because of the batteries. That said, those batteries are choice

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Last edited:

dartmania2002

Oct 15, 2013
Buffalo NY
WOW!!! Thank you for all the very informational posts! After finding the "Everything FastTech" thread I have decided against ordering batteries from them as it appears they are having a hard time shipping them out.

One question that I have is what is a Hybrid battery? If I buy 2 batteries and a 2 battery charger is it ok to leave the spare on the charger? Should I switch back and forth daily, or wait until one is dead and then swap them out? Is there a Battery 101 on this site I missed? Batteries like everything else with this hobby seams like Greek to noobies. I once again am blown away by the willingness of the memers here to take there precious time to help. Most forums I have visited are filled with trolls and useless posts. This place is truly amazing.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
One question that I have is what is a Hybrid battery? If I buy 2 batteries and a 2 battery charger is it ok to leave the spare on the charger? Should I switch back and forth daily, or wait until one is dead and then swap them out? Is there a Battery 101 on this site I missed? Batteries like everything else with this hobby seams like Greek to noobies. I once again am blown away by the willingness of the memers here to take there precious time to help. Most forums I have visited are filled with trolls and useless posts. This place is truly amazing.

I left you a link in my original post Battery Basics for Mods. In that article there are referrences to other battery information resources. :thumb:

scruffmagee

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Chicago, IL
good to know, lol havent placed a FT order in some time.

but the new version of the PD is now in stock over at rtd !!
Batteries : Panasonic High Drain NCR18650PF Hybrid 2900mAh Flat Top

and the brand new 22 amp monster is finally at orbtronics
22 Amps Ultra High Drain 18650 Orbtronic SX22 battery li-ion cell

panasonic needs to stop already I got more batteries then I know what to do with lol

those orbtronics are calling my name.... dammit

Where do they ship from? China?

dartmania2002

Oct 15, 2013
Buffalo NY
Thanks Baditude! I read the battery primer and checked out RTD, I have decided to purchase a pair of batteries and charger from them. I have a couple Twists now, have ordered an iTaste MVP, putting in another order to FastTeck for my FIL, but I can't help myself so I am going to get myself another mod. I want it to use with an Igo l or other RBA, I will also be ordering a RDA as I have been using 510 bridgeless at this point and have not really been thrilled. I just dont; know much so I'm thinking Vamo or SVD, unless you someone has another option that I should consider. Although AND believe me when I say the Provari sure is tempting after a few weeks reading here. $$$ Yikes

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I ordered 4 from Orbotronics yesterday..... Panny 2900PD button tops. I have been ordering from RTD ...the AW's .... but thought I would give these a try.

Everything from FT is junk as far as batteries with the exception of the Panasonics.... but the New law over there wont let stuff get through. (actually not a new law about batteries.....heard was an older one thagt they just decided to start enforcing)

Im curious about the ego's as well....since they are really just a battery with an on/off switch.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Thanks Baditude! I read the battery primer and checked out RTD, I have decided to purchase a pair of batteries and charger from them. I have a couple Twists now, have ordered an iTaste MVP, putting in another order to FastTeck for my FIL, but I can't help myself so I am going to get myself another mod. I want it to use with an Igo l or other RBA, I will also be ordering a RDA as I have been using 510 bridgeless at this point and have not really been thrilled. I just dont; know much so I'm thinking Vamo or SVD, unless you someone has another option that I should consider. Although AND believe me when I say the Provari sure is tempting after a few weeks reading here. $$$ Yikes

If you keep vaping.. you will end up with a Provari. It seems like you can always sell a used one here in the classifieds for 20 bucks less than you paid for it after a year of use.......as long as you havent been dragging it behind a bicycle on a string... ( of course it would still work)

dartmania2002

Oct 15, 2013
Buffalo NY
Thunderball, Have you bought any mods from FT? I see they have the Vamo knock off for about half price of the real one on Amazon, and I am sure most other mods fall along the same pricing lines. I like anyone want to save a buck, but now not so sure what I want or where to buy it. I have bought EVODs and coils from FT without issue...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A Provari is a wise investment choice for the long term. No question they are a better product and will last years compared to the mods made in China that will merely last months. Lifetime support from Provape can not be beat; they will repair your Provari after warranty for reasonable cost and have it back in your hands within a week.

China manufacturers do not repair their mods, they expect you to buy another. It comes down to do you want to pay more for a product that will last, or do you want to pay less for a lesser product, over and over and over...

I own an iTaste MVP. It's a great little mod and worth the money. The only issue with it is how long will that built-in non-replaceable battery last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread