Adding sweetness and moistness to DIY liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albatross

Nov 22, 2013
United States
I read in the somewhere in the DIY master threat that adding a tiny tiny bit of Tart & Sour can impart a sweetness that EM doesn't.

I created a Blueberry Pie liquid with TFA BLueberry Extra that's really good and has more of a sweetness than a tartness.

But my other liquids are all flat. No sweetness and no moist mouth feel.

Anyone have experience adding tiny amounts of sour flavors to lessen that "dry" taste? EM only goes so far.

Thanks

MasteroftheVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Columbia, IL, USA
I use saline @5% in most of my mixes, fixes that dry mouth feel. EM shouldnt really be considered a sweetener, its more of a harmonizer. Malic acid (sour) can add a "pop" to flavors much like lemon juice, but I wouldn't equate it with the same kind of sour that you would get from a candy like gummy sours, or warheads.

Bakery type recipies often seem lacking top or middle notes. I often use fruits or fruit types to even them out, such as mixing smaller amounts of "sweet" flavors to fill in the blanks. ex: I put tfa apple pie or juicy peach in my sinabun. You dont taste the fruit on its own, but it definately makes the whip cream and cinnamon play well together, and adds a sugary frosting to the top.

Additives like sweet, sour, and em are just that, add them if all else fails and see what happens. They can help in some circumstance but there is usually a better way to go about it by adjusting flavors or %.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread