Status
Not open for further replies.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Lime thahity is a lot like biting into a real lime. Tfa key lime isnt as (smack you in the face) but it taste like lime. FA florida key lime is better but they all taste like lime. You can try to tone it down with mts vape wizard. EM or cotton candy may take the edge off, just be easy with it because it will mute everything else.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
TFA-Key Lime is kind of what I was thinking too. It still may not be "artificial lime" enough, for @jeffsos3000's candy preferences; but it won't have the strong peel notes that either of the FA-Tahiti's have.

Something else I was thinking was that lime lifesavers, and I imagine lime nerds (I've never had them), are (for all practical purposes) almost entirely sugar. therefore, in my mind, this is a candy with lime flavor (sweet candy first; lime taste second) instead of lime candy (lime first; with a secondary sweet).

If the candy jellies @Letitia suggested don't do the trick, and I had to start from scratch, I would be looking at a high dominant sweet base note as my core (perhaps with Sweetener/sucralose, Stevia, or even marshmallow; and maybe even a bit of EM for the added mouthfeel + taking a bit more of the "realness" out of the lime). Once I got the sweet base where I wanted it, then I would move on with a very low secondary note of lime (maybe 1%; or even less depending on specific concentrate chosen) aiming for more of a suggestion of lime, vs. a real lime presence. Then follow up with a bit of sour if a bit of zing is wanted. Dragon Fruit might help bring about a bit more of the candy-like aspect of the lime; and INW-Cactus could add a bit of moistness/juiciness if too "dry." But I would definitely start from the "sweet" and work my way out; adding only the bare minimums to get the additional notes desired.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
TFA-Key Lime is kind of what I was thinking too. It still may not be "artificial lime" enough, for @jeffsos3000's candy preferences; but it won't have the strong peel notes that either of the FA-Tahiti's have.

Something else I was thinking was that lime lifesavers, and I imagine lime nerds (I've never had them), are (for all practical purposes) almost entirely sugar. therefore, in my mind, this is a candy with lime flavor (sweet candy first; lime taste second) instead of lime candy (lime first; with a secondary sweet).

If the candy jellies @Letitia suggested don't do the trick, and I had to start from scratch, I would be looking at a high dominant sweet base note as my core (perhaps with Sweetener/sucralose, Stevia, or even marshmallow; and maybe even a bit of EM for the added mouthfeel + taking a bit more of the "realness" out of the lime). Once I got the sweet base where I wanted it, then I would move on with a very low secondary note of lime (maybe 1%; or even less depending on specific concentrate chosen) aiming for more of a suggestion of lime, vs. a real lime presence. Then follow up with a bit of sour if a bit of zing is wanted. Dragon Fruit might help bring about a bit more of the candy-like aspect of the lime; and INW-Cactus could add a bit of moistness/juiciness if too "dry." But I would definitely start from the "sweet" and work my way out; adding only the bare minimums to get the additional notes desired.
You should start a diy blog.

• Agree
Reactions: Stoneface

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
You should start a diy blog.
Perhaps... if I something original to say. But, as it is, I am just regurgitating what I have learned from others (who said it first, said it better, and said it with a LOT fewer words!). And the good ideas are few, and far between.:facepalm: :laugh::lol::lol::lol::laugh:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Perhaps... if I something original to say. But, as it is, I am just regurgitating what I have learned from others (who said it first, said it better, and said it with a LOT fewer words!). And the good ideas are few, and far between.:facepalm: :laugh::lol::lol::lol::laugh:
You say "it" very well. Your way of giving info is elegant and not mind numbing.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread