Adjustable 510 not adjusting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Greetings all!

I recently purchased a new LP Reo Grand from Reosmods. I screwed my Odin on and it wasn't firing, so I took the allen wrench and tried to adjust it, but it doesn't seem to catch on anything the way an allen wrench normally does. It seems to just be turning, without adjusting anything. My order shipped on April 24th, so it wasn't part of the batch earlier that had 510 issues.

Any ideas?

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Greetings all!

I recently purchased a new LP Reo Grand from Reosmods. I screwed my Odin on and it wasn't firing, so I took the allen wrench and tried to adjust it, but it doesn't seem to catch on anything the way an allen wrench normally does. It seems to just be turning, without adjusting anything. My order shipped on April 24th, so it wasn't part of the batch earlier that had 510 issues.

Any ideas?

I just purchased a new one too, last week. The pin uses a torx driver, T6 size. I picked up a nice ratcheting screw driver set from Lowe's for around $8 which includes a T6 torx bit. The pin is reversed threaded, so clockwise will raise the pin out.

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just purchased a new one too, last week. The pin uses a torx driver, T6 size. I picked up a nice ratcheting screw driver set from Lowe's for around $8 which includes a T6 torx bit. The pin is reversed threaded, so clockwise will raise the pin out.

Interesting. I have a torx set, so I'll check it tonight. Thanks for the info!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

News to me. The 5 new Reos with adj 510's I bought from Rob in April do not have torx grub screws... they came with/use the same allen wrenches all my others with the adj 510's use. Hmmm?

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
News to me. The 5 new Reos with adj 510's I bought from Rob in April do not have torx grub screws... they came with/use the same allen wrenches all my others with the adj 510's use. Hmmm?
36cb573791ae5abdb927cdd2b9fe5b5b.jpg

I don't recall mine coming with an Allen wrench, maybe I missed it in excitement receiving #2!
When I first look at the 510, it looked like a torx so I didn't bother trying until I bought the bit set. T6 fits nicely, but after looking closer, an Allen should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I need to take a closer look at mine. Damn, now I want to go home and check it out. It did come with an allen wrench though, in the same little baggy as the noalox and business card.

That explains it! I didn't open that baggy as I don't use noalox, I have one of those deoxit pens.

But, the pin is reversed threaded, so go clockwise to raise it. I'm guessing you were going counter clockwise, tightening pin, and spinning the 510 assembly? I'm also guessing that's possible! Sorry if I'm causing any confusion, this is one way I learn things.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA

And WOAH!!! 5!!

Yep, with a look at the allens Rob supplies there is no way you'd be thinking torx. ;)
No foul... (I refuse to use Noalox, and have a big tube of it I bought ages ago).
Well, good part is the set I bought wasn't wasted! Been using the heck out of it for small projects around the house!!

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States
Mine wouldn't adjust because the allen wrench wouldn't catch. I talked to Rob and sent him a picture and the adjusting center pin was missing. He immediately sent one and problem was solved.
Same thing happened here, I got two Reo's and one was missing the adjuster screw altogether. It still doesn't have one, but it still works with my RM2, so it's fine for now.

Reactions: Vapolith

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
That'll do it, call or message Rob and I'm sure he'll hook you right up with a grub screw. Remember, the screw is reverse threaded left tighten (lower), right will loosen (raise). There should of been an Allen wrench supplied with your grand also in a plastic bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RuDawg7890
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread