Adjustable voltage box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigblue30

ECF Veteran
Ok so I wired this up based off willy and mamus pics. Seemed everything was going fine. Flipped the on off switch to on. Hit the fire button and the led lit up. Yay. Then attached a carto and tried to hit it. No light, no hit, nothing. Took off the carto and hit the switch and lights away. Tried testing it with no carto on my multi meter and got anywhere from 1.21v to 5.85 volts. For some reason whenever I connect a carto or atty it won't work even though it works fine without one. Any suggestions?

I get around 160k measuring right at the atty connector. what do you get? Also your atty is connected directly from pin 5 to pin 3. with nothing else inline( series) with it. Your LED should be in parallel with the atty.

Budjiman1

Jun 6, 2010
Greensburg, PA
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTS 157 thru 160!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I attempted to build the EVERCOOL and I almost went NUTS trying to figure it out so I decided to try this one and success on the first shot with these diagrams!!!!!! Big Blue ... is there anyway you could make a diagram like this for the EVERCOOL and send it to me or post it? THAT WLD B AWESOME! I only have enough parts to try one more evercool and I am nervous because attempt number 1 was a failure! Either way, thank you guys sooooo much for this and all of the help you give us tech handicappers. You all are awesome!

Bubo

ECF Veteran
Something like this one, or maybe this post Budjiman?
There are a couple of diagrams in the Evercool thread... what are you looking for?

If you only have one chip left, solder some leads onto the legs and that way you can mess it up and not hurt the chip... just the leads....

Last edited:

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Ok who took all the TI UCC383T-ADJG3 in the world. The first time I go and try a mod all the parts are gone. I found a 7-11 in asia that has em for 30.00 shipping :(

I got a extra one sitting here, if you want to pay shipping i will send it to you. Just throw me a PM if your interested.

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Link fixed.... Java I'm going to mail the funds to you and you can ship whatever is easiest for you.

Thats a 200k trimmer pot in the link. If you set Resistor 1 with a 62k ohm resistor hook the pot up as resistor 2 it will go from 1.25 volts to 5.282 volts. You never said your voltage range so i just picked that one to be a bit over 5 volts. If you set R1 with a 52k ohm resistor it will take you from 1.25 volts to 6.05 volts.

I will have another look around tomorrow for a extra stamp. I would just go ahead and send it first class mail but i am one stamp short. Kinda doubt i will make it to the post office tomorrow so might be next week before i can send it.

Edit:Thats also a 25 turn trimmer so it would take 25 full turns to go threw the voltage range.

Last edited:

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
After reading this whole thread i am guessing your going to use the diagram posted back on page 17 i think it is. I was going off the data sheet for a typical circuit on this thing. IF you use all three pins of the trimmer pot you dont need a R1 resistor. The 3 pins on the pot will provide a R1 and R2. Circuits are kinda like the Kama Sutra there is more then one why to reach a blissful ending.

ldo3.jpg

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Thats a 200k trimmer pot in the link. If you set Resistor 1 with a 62k ohm resistor hook the pot up as resistor 2 it will go from 1.25 volts to 5.282 volts. You never said your voltage range so i just picked that one to be a bit over 5 volts. If you set R1 with a 52k ohm resistor it will take you from 1.25 volts to 6.05 volts.
If you are going that route why not fiddle a bit more and make the entire range vapeable.

Example R1= 56k, R2=100k resistor in series with a 100k pot.

~ 3.5 - 5.7V (theoretically)

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
If you are going that route why not fiddle a bit more and make the entire range vapeable.

Example R1= 56k, R2=100k resistor in series with a 100k pot.

~ 3.5 - 5.7V (theoretically)

I kinda brain farted on that post. I thought this was the other thread about regulators didn't realize it was the everhot thread. But i was just answering the question if that trimmer would work and did a quick calculation from the data sheet. Didnt mean to step on this thread where there is already a circuit for it. I guess thats what the original question asker was planning on following.

But yeah i would for sure do a voltage of 3.2 to 6 volts if i designed from scratch. Or i should say when i design it. Finally got this PCB design program mostly figured out So i should be able to finish the mod i been working on for the last 2 months. Plus my rework station showed up today 270watts of solder melting goodness. But once i get my first one done i got some ideas for this everhot chip.

Driver

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2010
Sacramento, CA.
Dear crystal ball when you say R1 and R2 could you show the less fortunate of us ( ME ) what it is your talking about. In the diagram there is one resistor but its also named a pot which is short for potentiometer to confuse us, I also forgot linear potentiometer. I still blame my parents for not being rich and sending me to MIT. Since I'm not an electronics engineer Really big pictures with the correct words help. Usually these threads get derailed from the OP , my favorite is 6 pages of switch questions, or the mother lovin mosfet question thrown in just confuse the normal people. So in a final jump to glory I ask for but one thing dear crystal ball , One picture with the correct parts and words kinda like what the OP started 20 pages back.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread