Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
So I have made the decision to stop smoking and use ecigs. But I don't know what to get. I have read through countless posts and looked at videos of many different brands. I would like someone's input on the following choices that I am considering:

ProVari - I really want one of these, but not sure about the right cartos, tanks to use. Read the thread on the liquinator and was a bit put off by the leaking issue. Has it been resolved?

Go Go - I don't like it that the cartos and batts are proprietary, but the cartos hold 2.5-3.0 ml. That sounds good to me.

V4L Ultimate Ultimatum Kit - Looks good, but battery specs are missing.

Silver Bullet - Good, but only 3.7. Not sure if use with a LR would be satisfying. What do others think?

These are just a few of the ecigs I am thinking about - also the Ego-T and Volcano Inferno. Please someone help me decide as I want to get off of the analogs.

Thanks and glad I found you!

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Well it's three in the morning and you have the ECF overload...next step is pick a vendor, get out the credit card and take the plunge! Any of the above are better than the cancer sticks!
(I also have overload syndrome right now from looking at mods), and I have only used the ego-T, Riva SE and my first was a Blu. Out of those the eGo is the winner. Wish I was more help...others will be here soon!
Welcome to the group!

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas Retriever,

Welcome to the ecf! :vapor:

I haven't tried everything you listed, but will give you my thoughts.

Provari - Very well spoken of. That and the darwin seem to be pretty much the top of the line, as far a functionality goes. Also very pricey. You're looking at about $250 for either, plus the cost of atties, cartos, juice, etc. If money is no object, go for it!

Go go - Haven't tried it for the very reason you mentioned. Proprietary threading. I didn't want to be limited. However, it's also highly spoken of here. And can use other threading accessories with an adapter. As for the carto size, you can find that capacity or bigger for 510 threading.

V4L - Mini (I think). I wanted better battery charge life.

Silver bullet - No clue. Haven't looked into them.

eGo-T - I don't personally like the tank setup. Just doesn't give me the vapor or taste that I want. However, I love the ego. Tons of possibilities, great battery charge life, and relatively inexpensive. Paired with a smoktech 1.7Ω carto, it's my current favorite setup. The eGo was my first serious pv, and still what I use most of the time. Just starting to get into inexpensive mods.

---

All that being said, I've only been vaping a month or so, and my experience is pretty limited, so take anything I say with a grain of salt :p

Happy hunting,
Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
I use egos at work and a provari at home . The provari if you can buy one is a top of the line PV and with the 510 connection atomizers or cartomizers can be shared between them and an ego . Ego is one of the most common PVs so no shortage of things you can use with it . I use the ego mega dual cartomizers and the ego booster for capacity and loads of vapor . On the provari I use the EMDCC but really like the VPX CARTOMATOR Cartomizer Tank which is like the liquinator . Many people like to use the boge cartomizers but without the liquinator or cartomizer tank the capacity isn't that good but you can carry a few with you . As you see both of the things I use are variable voltage that for me is a must .

osirisorion

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2011
As a relatively new vaper , I'll just tell you that avoid all of those, and pick up a rough stack from mad vapes and get some Boge LR cartos! Best choice I made vapor production is sweet, and it won't break the bank! Plus the batts are replaceable and cheap

I started off on a halo g6 kit then got an ego-t kit and they're both collecting dust now! Lol :p

MegaBee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
Queensland Australia
Hi and welcome,
I started on something like BLU's not a good plan, then I moved on to 510 totally love it but Im starting to see that soon I will be wishing I just started on the EGO from the begining. I am glad that I can still just buy the ego and use all my 510 bits and pieces (I think if Im wrong somebody correct me) good luck anything is better than the stinky ciggies anyway.

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
Hi and Welcome Retriever!

I'll give what info/opinion I have lol

ProVari - If I had the money, I'd probably buy one. I have heard nothing but good about the ProVari.
As for what to use with it: with adapters and the variable voltage I think just about anything out there is usable. What you want to use on it is a different story. Everyone likes something different.

Go Go - Proprietary. I hate that, I looked at them too, but ran away when I saw that. Would rather get an eGo so I have some choice as to what I use with it.

V4L Ultimate Ultimatum Kit - I haven't looked into them, so I have no info or opinion here.

Silver Bullet - I love my sb. Well built and battery lasts for days. And it's not just 3.7 volts. People are using different batteries for 4.8v and for 6v vaping with no problems.

Ego-T and Volcano Inferno.. I do believe the Volcano Inferno is just a re-branded eGo, or their version of an eGo. Nothing wrong with an eGo.

Your decision all depends on what you want for battery life, size, voltage, and the delivery system. I tried tanks, cartos, direct dripping on the atty, and cartridges, and I liked tanks the best.

As for tank mods, you mentioned the liquinator. I personally disliked the liquinator because I had constant problems with it (leaking, flooding, dry-hits) and didn't really like the way the carto affected the flavor. I got an Arry tank (it uses clearomizers instead of cartomizers so no filler) and I love it. There are other styles out there. Just depends on what you like.

I started with Joye 510's and loved them, but wanted more battery life and bigger tanks. You might avoid some of that by starting out with an eGo setup. You could even get the variable voltage version. I would actually recommend starting out with something small in cost and size, like the 510 or eGo, just to get started. You'll be better able to figure out what you need from there and won't have shelled out a ton of money for equipment you might end up not liking.

Good luck on your search! I hope you find what works for you!

brian1g

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2010
Texas panhandle
An eGo is a great starter ecig and makes a great backup even after you move on to higher end mods. I have many mods and I still enjoy getting out the eGo every once in awhile. Have you looked into the new vv eGo? Thats probably the first thing I would look at if I were getting into vaping.

My best advice is to do your research and take your time. There is nothing wrong with starting out on a starter device and upgrading later.

Happy Vaping!

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
I've been using my Vapor4Life Ultimate Ultimatum kit for over two years. I quit smoking instantly when I got it, so it does work - and it's 3.7v compared to the Ego's 3.2v. The batteries in XL are 380mah, I think, so they'll last a few hours. I do get tired of switching out the batteries but I can't complain about the quality at all. They produce a great vape.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
When I first started here someone told me to skip the learning curve and go for a ProVari. I didn't do it and went from Riva to a 3.7v to a 5v to a ProVari. I ended up spending a lot more but learned a lot. I love the Silver Bullet (they are a workhorse - good warrantee and well built) and my ProVari. I also highly recommend Reo Mods for bottom feeding.

I am still toying with my liquidnator and DC Map tanks to find the right touch in punching the holes - think I've finally gotten to the point where leaking is not an issue but they are good. There are other feeder mods that cost a bit more that I've heard great things about too.

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
Out of what you have listed, I'd go with the eGo or the mini to start with. But instead of V4L, I recommend the Volt by Smokelessimage.com

It's a mini with really good battery life and the cartos rock. Great flavor and vapor production. I have eGos and mods and since I got my Volt, I don't touch them anymore.

Last edited:

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
Thank you to everyone for your replies! I am particularly intrigued by the Volt after visiting their website. There are just so many choices out there and I am a little reluctant to get a mini because of bad things I have read about Blu and White Cloud. I will just have to give something a try and see.

Thank you all!

The Volt, Bloog, V4L.....there are so many good mini's out there that just can't be put into the same class as the Blu or White Cloud. Those mini are crap.
The Volt has been reviewed on youtube by numerous people. Check out the reviews and I think you'll like what you see.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Out of what you have listed, I'd go with the eGo or the mini to start with. But instead of V4L, I recommend the Volt by Smokelessimage.com

It's a mini with really good battery life and the cartos rock. Great flavor and vapor production. I have eGos and mods and since I got my Volt, I don't touch them anymore.

I can't agree with this advice at all. As Huffelpuff pointed out, for most, in the long run you just end up wasting money due to the poor battery life of the mini's. Plus, you just can't get the same level of warmer vapor from a mini that you get with a better battery model.

I think you have done some good research. Variable volt PV's are the top of the line models currently, specifically the Darwin and the Provari. I prefer the Darwin for the added technical features and the 21 hours of battery life on a charge, but both are excellent.

If I was going to get an eGo type, I would skip the eGo because it is only 3.4 volts and go with either the E-Power 510 or the Riva UNC. Both are 3.7 volts. But the E-Power has much better batteries that last 4 times longer than the eGo and cost 4 - 5 times less than the eGo batteries.

Another top of the line model to consider but costs less than the VV models mentioned, is the 5 volt GLV 2. It comes with a lifetime warranty and will out perform the eGo type models and just blows away the mini models.

e-Power

5 volt GLV 2: Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
I know it's been suggested a 100 times but I rock a dual coil carto on my mega ego battery. If you decide to go this route you can get an ego booster to get a bit of variable voltage. I'm gonna suggest this setup because I seem to get really long battery life and the dual coils hold a fair amount of juice. And like the previous posters mentioned the ego batteries are great because just about any carto with a 510 thread will fit it. I wouldn't mind having a Provari myself, but I am kind of poor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread