Advice on RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I want a dripper that isn't for just huge builds and massive clouds. Icon good for this? Or the apocalypse?
Yes. The clamp system on the apocalyse is great for all size builds. Th airflow adjustment is nice also. The Icon is a bit tougher for single wire builds but doable. I like my Icon but I can't stand Vandy Vapes. Their customer service is horrible.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Just something I've noticed: many atomizers known for simple builds and installs also tend to be really focused designs. Nothing wrong with this (and I tend to prefer it), but you may find yourself limited in terms of practicing different layouts and configurations, etc. and so you may want to look at a range of atomizers that use a common build deck, i.e. a velocity style. Even simple builds can be tweaked to perfection, so it's nice to have some flexibility when starting out.

Vapemonster

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Just something I've noticed: many atomizers known for simple builds and installs also tend to be really focused designs. Nothing wrong with this (and I tend to prefer it), but you may find yourself limited in terms of practicing different layouts and configurations, etc. and so you may want to look at a range of atomizers that use a common build deck, i.e. a velocity style. Even simple builds can be tweaked to perfection, so it's nice to have some flexibility when starting out.
What RDA with a velocity deck would you suggest?

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
What RDA with a velocity deck would you suggest?

That wasn't an explicit recommendation, more of a general thing. I've actually never built on a velocity style deck, but I've used a number of postless decks, as an example. Having an atomizer that uses a similar platform to a lot of other, popular drippers will ensure you have a ton of access to tips and tricks online, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread