• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

advise needed, Sydney and Perth customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

manc2000

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Hi folks, in a couple of days my wife will be flying from Toronto to Perth via Sydney. She will be staying for one month as member of her family has become seriously ill. She will need to carry with her approx. 10 empty 510 cartomizers, 2 ego batteries and one bottle of 30ml * 24mg nicotine juice. Can you please advise whether she needs to declare these items at customs. Any help you can give will be much appreciated. Since the trip is somewhat rushed and unexpected she won't have time to research the above.
Thanks in advance.

onionpants

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
I just flew into Sydney from the USA 2 weeks ago. I had 3 batteries, atomizers, cartridges and over 100 ml of nic juice. I didn't declare them and they got through just fine. Also, the in-flight magazine for the airline I flew with (Delta) stated that using e-cigs on the plane is prohibited, but I vaped in the toilet several times and it didn't set off any alarms.

You will be fine but when in doubt, declare. All the equipment is completely fine, it's just the nic juice that may be an issue. In which case you may have up to three months supply for personal use. Even that figure is debatable however!

It's a grey area here at the moment. Retail sale is illegal, possession is essentially legal mainly due to the fact it is not specifically listed as illegal, if you get my drift.

If you go though customs in Brisbane (Queensland) and connect to a domestic flight from there i would be very careful however, due to the QH crackdown. All the other states are generally ok.

Last edited:
I just flew into Sydney from the USA 2 weeks ago. I had 3 batteries, atomizers, cartridges and over 100 ml of nic juice. I didn't declare them and they got through just fine. Also, the in-flight magazine for the airline I flew with (Delta) stated that using e-cigs on the plane is prohibited, but I vaped in the toilet several times and it didn't set off any alarms.

OK great, you got away with it this time, but bear in mind, if you had somehow got caught, ecigs would have been in the news like a flash and could give people yet another stupid reason to ban it.

Just remember, YOU know what you are doing is harmless, but others have no idea and just one persons actions could afect everyones access to ecigs for years to come. Please be careful.

onionpants

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
OK great, you got away with it this time, but bear in mind, if you had somehow got caught, ecigs would have been in the news like a flash and could give people yet another stupid reason to ban it.

Just remember, YOU know what you are doing is harmless, but others have no idea and just one persons actions could afect everyones access to ecigs for years to come. Please be careful.

No chance of getting caught. Ecigs won't set off a smoke alarm.

No chance of getting caught. Ecigs won't set off a smoke alarm.

lol...yeah that part is obvious. But lets just say for example an eciging passenger upon having his/her last puff, opens the toilet door to another waiting passenger and that passenger notices the vapor (which does tend to hang around) wafting out behind the exiting ecigger. Most passengers wouldn't raise an eyebrow but it only takes one busybody to report it to the flight crew and ur gone.

If you think it's such a non issue why don't you try vaping in your seat? You wouldn't would you...and mostly for the same reasons outlined above. I'm not worried about YOU getting caught or fined, I'm worried about governments finding yet another reason to ban the things outright.

This issue is bigger than one person getting thier fix under the radar on a long haul flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread