Aegis Boost

Geekvape Aegis Boost
Status
Not open for further replies.

tom65

Feb 1, 2020
I recently bought the Boost RBA and for me, the flavor was weak compared to some of my billet box bridges (like vapeshell). I vape MTL with about a 1.5mm on-deck airflow restrictor. Looking at it, I noticed the airflow holes on the base of the deck were big for MTL vaping. The two big ones are about 4mm combined. While the airflow can be reduced with the ring, I think the air that does go through is still spread amongst that 4mm+ opening and is not the same a traditional on deck airflow restrictor.

I solved this the old fashioned way by rolling some mesh and inserting it in the two large airholes. They each had a hollow center of about .8mm. Doing this improved the flavor for me pretty noticably. I'm still playing with the mesh opening size but for me, there was a definete improvement.

Also discovered after dropping a piece of mesh through one of the air holes in the deck and having to fish it out, that the deck can be dissasembled using an allen wrench and unscrewing the center on the bottom connector of the pod. Positive terminal just pops out.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’ve tried a few different coils and wicks so far on the rba and have had drastically different flavor production depending on the coil, placement, and wick. At first the airflow was a bit tight with the coil lower but flavor was good. That was one of the included coils. Next was a flat braided 316 coil and flavor was ok but not great but more airflow with the coil higher. I rewicked the same coil yesterday and flavor is much better. I don’t like a tight airflow and run it open.

Reactions: bigbob2322

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    is it RBA tight or loose draw? I'm a fan of a tight mtl vaping and "normal" cartridges have too much air for my taste.

The airflow is adjustable so you can change it. My first build was very tight compared to the standard pods. It also depends on coil height and wicking but I think you should be able to make it tight enough.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Has anyone done a build with SS316L? Tried today and the boost kept asking me "New Coil" when the coil heated up and the resistance changed and when it cooled and the resistance changed again. Is there a setting I missed?

I use ss316 in mine and haven't had an issue. Maybe check to make sure your coil is locked in tight. Sometimes a loose connection can make a mod keep asking if it's a new coil.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    Has anyone done a build with SS316L? Tried today and the boost kept asking me "New Coil" when the coil heated up and the resistance changed and when it cooled and the resistance changed again. Is there a setting I missed?
    had the same issue, the thing is the coil into build deck, you have make sure connection is well done and tight enough!

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread