Aegis Boost

Geekvape Aegis Boost
Status
Not open for further replies.

tohm2014

Mar 1, 2020
Received my boost rba today after pre ordering over a month ago.

1. It doesn't clip into the mod.
2. when u pull on it it is air tight!? opened the air flow, dismantled the whole thing top to bottom and still its air tight. only way to get airflow is to open the silicone cap. I think something hasn't been machined properly or is blocked. Has anyone else experienced this??
I haven't even tried building it as it won't even vape if I do. What a waste of time and money.

TexasOperator

Apr 3, 2018
So I got my boost yesterday and first fill up it started leaking around the seam at the base of the tank, its noticeably separated from the upper part of the tank and appears to be leaking at that seam. I would seal it but I'm not sure what areas if any need to be left open for air flow. And just now I see they made a pod system which is what I wanted anyway. I guess Ill just have to get one of those if the reviews on leakage are satisfactory. I do like the boost now that I've found my sweet spot on air/watts, and I'm hoping for a boost tank 2.0 once these leaky ones have been sold. I'm doubtful because they probably produced tens of thousands of them and I doubt they will recall them. I hope the pods system holds up because I like the Geekvape aegis line of products.

Amerglass

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2018
So I'm currently using a caliburn with 30 mg nic salts and I plan to buy the boost with the RBA anyone know the recommended liquids or nic salts to use and also the nic content?

Adaaam, I use both, the Caliburn and the Boost. The 1st thing I'd recommend, do yourself a favour, save the money on RBA - you don't need it. The stock coils 0.6/0.4 Ohm are much better in flavour and lasting me for at least 100ml.
Now, the main difference is that Caliburn is hardly to be used for DTL (you realy need to pull out the vapour) while the Boost is hardly to be used for MTL. Count on that you'll enjoy the Boost very much - only if you DTL.
As for the use of liquids I can say the Boost stock coils are less sensitive to high VG; I'm running it on 80/20 with no problem. Discussing the nic salts 30 mg in Caliburn is a doubled content I run with my Caliburn. Switching to the Boost - using it in DTL mode - you will be too high with 30mg. I would recommend to stay below 10mg. The Boost is 3,7 ml of e-liquid and go through a day with some 6 mls of e-liquid. I suppose with just Caliburn and 30mg you don't go much over 3 mls/day ? If you're going to combine both, Caliburn and Boost I'd go with 6mg/ml of nic salt in the Boost. That way you will avoid overdosing yourself with nicotine. Also, you might try the regular nic in the Boost which at 6mg and DTL-ing might be too harsh. That's why I'm mixing the regular nic with nic salts 50/50.

Both, Caliburn and Boost are one the best choices for vaping, yet different in performance. You can't realy compare them but once I got used to the Boost my Caliburn is not used that much anymore. But, that's subjective. The Boost has many advantages like adjustable airflow, adjustable wattage, different coils, longer lasting battery but using thinner liquids (below 70/30) may cause you some leaking beneath the coil.

The main point is you should be aware of the fact you will not be able to enjoy the Boost in MTL mode. If you have not tried any devices in DTL mode - you should before buying smth you won't be able to use/won't enjoy.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dreamvaper

Adaaam

May 21, 2020
Adaaam, I use both, the Caliburn and the Boost. The 1st thing I'd recommend, do yourself a favour, save the money on RBA - you don't need it. The stock coils 0.6/0.4 Ohm are much better in flavour and lasting me for at least 100ml.
Now, the main difference is that Caliburn is hardly to be used for DTL (you realy need to pull out the vapour) while the Boost is hardly to be used for MTL. Count on that you'll enjoy the Boost very much - only if you DTL.
As for the use of liquids I can say the Boost stock coils are less sensitive to high VG; I'm running it on 80/20 with no problem. Discussing the nic salts 30 mg in Caliburn is a doubled contenct I run with my Caliburn. Switcing to the Boost - using it in DTL mode - you will be to high with 30mg. I would recommend to stay below 10mg. The Boost is 3,7 ml of e-liquid and go through a day with some 6 mls of e-liquid. I suppose with just Caliburn and 30mg you don't go much over 3 mls/day ? If you're going to combine both, Caliburn and Boost I'd go with 6mg/ml of nic salt in the Boost. That way you will avoid overdosing yourself with nicotine. Also, you might try the regular nic in the Boost which at 6mg and DTL-ing might be too harsh. That's why I'm mixing the regular nic with nic salts 50/50.

Both, Caliburn and Boost are one the best choices for vaping, yet different in performance. You can't realy compare them but once I got used to the Boost my Caliburn is not used that much anymore. But, that's subjective.

The main point is you should be aware of the fact you will not enjoy the Boost in MTL mode. If you have not tried any device in DTL mode - you should before buying smth you won't be able to use.

I hope this helps.
This helps alot , I dont mind DL as it reminds me of a hookah/shisha hit another device I'm considering is the target pm80 by vaperesso

Amerglass

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2018
This helps alot , I dont mind DL as it reminds me of a hookah/shisha hit another device I'm considering is the target pm80 by vaperesso

I understand. You're looking for a MTL AIO (pod-mod). In this case I can't be very helpful. I was considering the Target however being owner of so many MTL tanks (Nautilus, Siren 2, Gata) and RDTA-s like the Galaxies I learned smth: if you're after the flavour, not clouds you should look for MTL devices. Now, no MTL POD system can give you better flavour than Nautilus 2. Not even Renowa Zero or Caliburn.

So, if you're after the flavour in MTL mode I would seriously be sceptic about the Boost. Would you maybe be interested to go for a Nautilus on a mod like Revenger ? Slightly bigger and heavier but - perfect for flavour using 1.8 Ohm coils. The negative point with Nautilus stock coils is they would only last you upto 15 days.

If you insist on an AIO (pod mod) the Target might be the solution. Another very well performing AIO would be the pen styled (if that doesn't bother you) Innokin Endure T18II. A real MTL device with long lasting stock coils producing very flavourful vapour. The thing I don't like with this device is you can't put it on the table in vertical position as it tends to fall down. Also as a pen styled device it doesn't fit into your pockets.

Still at the end maybe the Boost with RBA section with higher Ohm coil might do for you. Especially if you're into rebulidables. Keep in mind that the Boost RBA is very small and building it might request some patience and good eyes.

it really is up to you and your preferences.

Adaaam

May 21, 2020
I understand. You're looking for a MTL AIO (pod-mod). In this case I can't be very helpful. I was considering the Target however being owner of so many MTL tanks (Nautilus, Siren 2, Gata) and RDTA-s like the Galaxies I learned smth: if you're after the flavour, not clouds you should look for MTL devices. Now, no MTL POD system can give you better flavour than Nautilus 2. Not even Renowa Zero or Caliburn.

So, if you're after the flavour in MTL mode I would seriously be sceptic about the Boost. Would you maybe be interested to go for a Nautilus on a mod like Revenger ? Slightly bigger and heavier but - perfect for flavour using 1.8 Ohm coils. The negative point with Nautilus stock coils is they would only last you upto 15 days.

If you insist on an AIO (pod mod) the Target might be the solution. Another very well performing AIO would be the pen styled (if that doesn't bother you) Innokin Endure T18II. A real MTL device with long lasting stock coils producing very flavourful vapour. The thing I don't like with this device is you can't put it on the table in vertical position as it tends to fall down. Also as a pen styled device it doesn't fit into your pockets.

Still at the end maybe the Boost with RBA section with higher Ohm coil might do for you. Especially if you're into rebulidables. Keep in mind that the Boost RBA is very small and building it might request some patience and good eyes.

it really is up to you and your preferences.
I've decided to go with the pm80 , as the device looks premium and despite the many great reviews on the caliburn I get barely any flavour of of it , anyhow thank you for the help

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have the boost and the pm80. There are reports of leaking with the pm80. I reviewed it and didn’t have any leaking but know some people did. I had no leaking with the boost. I do agree that the stock coils performed very well and a little better than the rba but for me the rba is a less expensive way to go not having to continue to buy coils. I guess it’s up to what is more important to you.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I literally got my Aegis Boost yesterday and I’m already considering to throw it in the trash. It’s been leaking since day one and the rubbercap came off the tank, and now I’m unable to use the whole thing because it keeps spitting everything back i put in

Send a message to support@geekvape.com

Maybe they’ll replace it.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    Hello ! Faced a problem - rba's shev is leaking. And there is a rather long stroke at the blower ring, when it is adjusted, the pin itself can turn a couple of degrees in one direction or another. Is there a video of the disassembly of rba, I could not find it on YouTube.
    I have the Boost RBA, but I'm ont sure what you're referring to. As far as I know there isn't a way to take the RBA apart beyond taking the cap off.

Cinda G

Aug 16, 2020
    Has any one had issues with the device its self? My first boost I plugged in to charge, it flickered on the screen, rapidly rose in wattage, and then flickered again and went out. Stayed hot for 2+hours and no power going to the device at all. Well I decided it was such a good device I bought a second one while waiting on my replacement from China. I went and bought a new Ageis Boost,
    So my second device has also failed when charging. I'm not sure what is wrong. I'm using the same cord that came in the box with the device plugged into a normal outlet. It had a screen flicker, and now this one will turn on, but rapidly counts up to the maximum of 40.0 watts. Runs hot by the wattage button, and will not charge past 2 battery bars. I have gotten it to power on and off, but it takes a few seconds after the 5-button presses to power on or off, when powered on it will climb all the way to 40 w and not allow you to change the wattage at all, and it will not activate the atomizer at all.
    Late last night, I got the atomizer to come on and run, but after 5-8 vapes, It will reset itself and not work. Sounds to me like a short somewhere... what are yalls opinions?

James Martin

Aug 18, 2020
    Hi all. Wondering if anyone has had the same problem as I have.

I recently bought the aegis boost and the first time it just felt over to its side on the table the pod came loose. Tried to refit it and never went back into place.

Returned to the vape shop and asked what was up thinking it was part of the warranty. We tried on other pics in the shop and a of them got no problem in the batt. And mine that is loose in my batt fit perfect in the other mods in the shop. Really weird.

Has this happened to anyone ?

Attachments

• 15977668123982012141329535206523.jpg
      15977668123982012141329535206523.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 25
    • 15977668334927833606824343850444.jpg
      15977668334927833606824343850444.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 24

Michael card

Jun 9, 2020
    East Hampton
    Has any one had issues with the device its self? My first boost I plugged in to charge, it flickered on the screen, rapidly rose in wattage, and then flickered again and went out. Stayed hot for 2+hours and no power going to the device at all. Well I decided it was such a good device I bought a second one while waiting on my replacement from China. I went and bought a new Ageis Boost,
    So my second device has also failed when charging. I'm not sure what is wrong. I'm using the same cord that came in the box with the device plugged into a normal outlet. It had a screen flicker, and now this one will turn on, but rapidly counts up to the maximum of 40.0 watts. Runs hot by the wattage button, and will not charge past 2 battery bars. I have gotten it to power on and off, but it takes a few seconds after the 5-button presses to power on or off, when powered on it will climb all the way to 40 w and not allow you to change the wattage at all, and it will not activate the atomizer at all.
    Late last night, I got the atomizer to come on and run, but after 5-8 vapes, It will reset itself and not work. Sounds to me like a short somewhere... what are yalls opinions?

Michael card

Jun 9, 2020
    East Hampton
    Hey,it does sound like a short..I'm on my second Agius boost too..the first one- the charging port started to get loose n had to push cable upward to charge,well eventually the whole port fell inside the mod! After watching a YouTube vid how to fix it,I might as well get a degree in soldering lol..there's no way I could've done what this guy did..it took me an hr to find a tiny Allen key to fit the tiny screws to take the mod apart,well I found one that fit perfectly but the screws were so tight every single screw head stripped out anyway. So had to order another one n since July 1st ban in NY it cost me almost double for adult signature fee and mod itself..the site I bought original from no longer ships to NY. We not only have a flav ban but complete ecigg ban thanks to our governor Cuamo genius.I'm having hard time getting coils let alone any eliquid.. Meanwhile they still sell tobacco flav juul pods at the local delies..its ridiculous already.I'm now getting into diy my own juice and worried about this sept 9th pmta thing n weather or not it will effect me buying liquid nicotine or if prices will sky rocket after that date for those that do meet the new regulations.I know alotta eliquid n major vape shops are emailing me great deals on VAPING gear n EJUICE calking it Pmta blowout sale..like their not sure if their goin outta business or not..anyway sorry to rant n hope your new boost works better. I've been ever so careful with charging since n would advise the sane to you..now I know why reviewers complain about micro charge port..I wish it were type C charging tho I'm happy with the 1500 milliamp internal battery..it seems to last all day n part of the nxt day of pretty heavy vaping! The new Voopoo S has a 2500 milliamp battery! And goes up to 60 watts n the X requires an external 18650 battery n goes to 80 watts..not really into external batteries n chargers but man that Voopoo gt S sounds n looks awsome but has too many coil choices n kinda confusing but it automatically goes to correct wattage depending which coil u put in.(And the S has auto draw while the X has button activation draw. Strange..but I'm very happy with my 40 wtt boost! I wish the pods didn't leak so much. Even the RBA deck I bought for it leaks a lil but works terrifically, plus saves me from buying the plug n play coils..just a 5 $ bag of bacon cotton 8)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread