Geekvape Aegis Boost
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
my review of the Boost rba pod should post tomorrow, the time frame to keep quiet is up and I can tell you a little early I'm smiling.
Yeah i'm waiting on your review. Somehow I knew you'd be smiling...me, i'm frowning. I have to wait for my pre order to be released :cry:

• Love
Reactions: bigbob2322

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Ok, first let me say that I used my first pod for over a month with no leaking but a few days ago started noticing a small amount of seepage at the crease on the side of the pod.

I used the included ni80 coil and cotton that came with the rba. The first thing I noticed is that I’m not getting as much airflow with the rba as I was with the original pod and coil. The flavor seems as good though. It was easier to fill than the pod. I’m running it at 21 watts with this set up and probably won’t run it any higher since I feel like more airflow would be needed to do that. I am able to do a restricted direct lung inhale which I like. I will most likely buy a couple more when I run into a sale or the price drops. I have a second boost unopened and would like to have one for it too.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I think you will be happy with it @hittman , just wish it had more than 2 ml capacity. It works great and best of all stays dry, no leaks.

Did you notice a reduction in airflow with the rba? I hadn't seen anyone mention it.

Reactions: bigbob2322

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Very small, so much so because I use it in MTL mode mainly. When I DL i like a restricted Dl so it works well for my needs. Maybe raising your coil just a tad bit will increase the AF to your liking.

I thought about that after I made that post and got in there with a small screwdriver and moved my coil up a little and it seems better. Not bad for my first build on it. I'll remember next time I replace the coil to leave it a little higher.

My Aegis Boost arrived about 2 weeks ago and has has zero problems (no leaks so far). The DL pull works for me. Waiting for my RBA to arrive.

Don’t think I will be taking any screwdriver to my Boost pods or tear it apart (as some have commented) in any way.

I save that for used Valyrian and other UWELL coils because the metal has a neat heft and you can string them together on wire easily. Mine is about 5 feet long already, drip tips fit between each coil well. Just take out the dual wires or mesh and cotton, string it up and be careful how you whip it around- do not swing your coil lash around youth under age 21.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread