Aegis Boost

Geekvape Aegis Boost
Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
That's definitely a Quality Control Issue, those normally get tossed out. I haven't seen that issue myself mines all with filling the pod it is so bad i have stopped using it. I won't go back until a new pod is introduced or the rba comes out :grr: That's unusual for Geek vape

Last edited:

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
That's definitely a Quality Control Issue, those normally get tossed out. I haven't seen that issue myself mines all with filling the pod it is so bad i have stopped using it. I won't go back until a new pod is introduced or the rba comes out :grr: That unusual for Geek Vape

Likewise, mines with filling now and just generally using it.
I'd love to wait for rba pod but sadly no one here in the UK has any idea when they will arrive!
I think they are available in the USA now as they showing on Google searches, however UK TBA I guess.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Pretty much, within the first few hours of usage.
    I've seen some people that have had zero issues, but also quite a few that have. So maybe a faulty batch somewhere.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Mine has been ok so far. I've only used the .6 coil so far but have more pods and coils on the way. Almost every pod device that I've tried has had at least a little seeping but the problems you're having sound much worse than that.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    UK
    I'm just putting it down as a bad batch to be honest as it was one of the first in the UK and I snatched it up in a heart beat.
    I wouldn't bother if it was condensation, but just imagine everytime you pick your mod to vape and put it down, you hand has juice all over it.
    I'm going to wait for the new rba pod or newer designed pods and compare.
    I'm still using it though as love the vape on it. It's surprisingly surprising.
    I have a range of pod mods and this Is by far the best I have to say and with the rba pod I hope even better!

Sporatic

Dec 17, 2019
    Exactly the same a few YouTuber's have done.
    O ring with silicone/epoxy.
    It's from the split in the pod, it's not sealed enough, mine has like 1mm gap in all the pods I have. And that's where it's leaking from.
    Oh also from under the coil it self aswell.

I'm going to disagree with you a little. I was on the same page with you...until I took it apart. The juice should never even make it down to that split. There are two "chambers" in the pod. The first holds the juice and the coil and has higher walls. Near the back is a second one to allow for air flow. Around the juice chamber is an O-ring at the top of the walls. What is happening is the juice is getting past the gasket, and dripping down to that split in the pod and out. That split isn't meant to be sealed, nor should it need to be as juice should never get down there in the first place, but it does, and then it comes out. Sealing that split as in the videos does stop the juice from coming out, but it isn't fixing the issue. Its like water dripping through the ceiling when your bathtub overflows. You could cover the floor with a plastic sheet and caulk it to the walls, and that will stop the water pouring through the ceiling but the water is still sitting somewhere it shouldn't be. The proper fix is to turn off the tap so the water wouldn't get onto the floor in the first place. sealing the split is like putting down the plastic sheet. It stops the water coming through, but its not fixing the initial problem. Make sense?

PS: All that said, I have been using the modded pod for a few hours now and not a drop of juice has made its way out of it. So its a band-aid solution but it has solved the resultant problem thus far.

Last edited:

Junny89

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    UK
    I'm going to disagree with you a little. I was on the same page with you...until I took it apart. The juice should never even make it down to that split. There are two "chambers" in the pod. The first holds the juice and the coil and has higher walls. Near the back is a second one to allow for air flow. Around the juice chamber is an O-ring at the top of the walls. What is happening is the juice is getting past the gasket, and dripping down to that split in the pod and out. That split isn't meant to be sealed, nor should it need to be as juice should never get down there in the first place, but it does, and then it comes out. Sealing that split as in the videos does stop the juice from coming out, but it isn't fixing the issue. Its like water dripping through the ceiling when your bathtub overflows. You could cover the floor with a plastic sheet and caulk it to the walls, and that will stop the water pouring through the ceiling but the water is still sitting somewhere it shouldn't be. The proper fix is to turn off the tap so the water wouldn't get onto the floor in the first place. sealing the split is like putting down the plastic sheet. It stops the water coming through, but its not fixing the initial problem. Make sense?

PS: All that said, I have been using the modded pod for a few hours now and not a drop of juice has made its way out of it. So its a band-aid solution but it has solved the resultant problem thus far.

Ahh I see, I haven't taken mine apart yet so I'm not sure how it is inside and the videos on YouTube aren't that clear to see what is going on inside either.
    Makes sense and I do agree the juice should not be going down, sounds like a major design flaw in that case.
    May be tempted to do as you did as I have 4 spare pods to try out.
    I'm actually going to check if mine is also authentic using the barcode on the back of the box, just in case you never know. At least put my mind at ease knowing its not a clone etc.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    UK
    Hi everyone,
    Just a update,
    The leaking has continued just as bad as before.
    However now, juice has started to come out of the USB charging port. Its quite a lot and its getting inside of the actual port so I have to clean my micro USB everytime.
    I thought these were water proof so how is the juice seeping out?
    @Geekvape_Official I wish you would respond and help.

Sporatic

Dec 17, 2019
    @Junny89,
    @Sporatic, can you add some pics guys? How long did you use it before the mentioned problems appeared?

I tested my boost for about 3 days and didn't notice any bad leakage problems.
    Sounds like your devices or at least tanks are defective.

Here you go. This is the pod that I sealed myself. I'm using that because well, it doesn't leak as much as the new one I bought. You will see that the clip on the side is broken which happened when I took it apart, but again, that's not where it leaks from and it's sealed with silicone around that spot.
    This is after about 20 mins of using it. Last night I cleaned the entire pod, coil and o-rings. It gets much much worse over time.

Attachments

• IMG_20191226_123408.jpg
      IMG_20191226_123408.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 403
    • IMG_20191226_123348.jpg
      IMG_20191226_123348.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 383
    Last edited:

Junny89

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    UK
    @Junny89,
    @Sporatic, can you add some pics guys? How long did you use it before the mentioned problems appeared?

I tested my boost for about 3 days and didn't notice any bad leakage problems.
    Sounds like your devices or at least tanks are defective.

I'll try taking some, currently its been totally dismantled and cleaned and put away until the rda pod is out or @Geekvape_Official reach out to me.

Here you go. This is the pod that I sealed myself. I'm using that because well, it doesn't leak as much as the new one I bought. You will see that the clip on the side is broken which happened when I took it apart, but again, that's not where it leaks from and it's sealed with silicone around that spot.
    This is after about 20 mins of using it. Last night I cleaned the entire pod, coil and o-rings. It gets much much worse over time.

Just seen these photos, and near enough identically the same. Mine leaks through:

Pod it self
    Under the coil
    Charge port
    Grip area
    And now the airflow ring.
    I may just put a new coil and pod in over the weekend and take some photos of the leaking etc. You are correct, some people have no issues what so ever. Ive tried both coil resistance's also btw to the same avail and other shop bought coils/pods. Spent near enough over £70 on this device now. I do love it, it's amazing and the vape is awesome. Just the leaking and the fact that I'm not even vaping it much and have to refil pretty much shortly after. Just too costly currently.

Heard the THC tauren X is pretty good and has the rbs base out too.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2017
    www.geekvape.com
    That's definitely a Quality Control Issue, those normally get tossed out. I haven't seen that issue myself mines all with filling the pod it is so bad i have stopped using it. I won't go back until a new pod is introduced or the RBA comes out :grr: That's unusual for Geek Vape
    Thank you for your feedback and patience, we apologize for your inconvenience, To enhance our professional handling after-sales efficiency, here our professional team email, please feel free to send video and issues to there, april@geekvape.com We will reply you within 3 working days, thanks

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2017
    www.geekvape.com
    Thank you for your feedback and patience, we apologize for your inconvenience, To enhance our professional handling after-sales efficiency, here our professional team email, please feel free to send video and issues to there, april@geekvape.com We will reply you within 3 working days, thanks

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2017
    www.geekvape.com
    I'll try taking some, currently its been totally dismantled and cleaned and put away until the rda pod is out or @Geekvape_Official reach out to me.

Just seen these photos, and near enough identically the same. Mine leaks through:

Pod it self
    Under the coil
    Charge port
    Grip area
    And now the airflow ring.
    I may just put a new coil and pod in over the weekend and take some photos of the leaking etc. You are correct, some people have no issues what so ever. Ive tried both coil resistance's also btw to the same avail and other shop bought coils/pods. Spent near enough over £70 on this device now. I do love it, it's amazing and the vape is awesome. Just the leaking and the fact that I'm not even vaping it much and have to refil pretty much shortly after. Just too costly currently.

Heard the THC tauren X is pretty good and has the rbs base out too.

Reactions: dreamvaper

Sporatic

Dec 17, 2019
    For everyone's perusal. I believe the issue is that juice is flooding the coils and then working it's way down and out the intake port at the bottom of the coil. From there it is free to flow out the airflow control valve or between the two halves of the pod. Alternatively it could also be flowing down around the outside of the coil into the same lower chamber. It seems like a snug fit, but maybe not tight enough. At first we though maybe upping the wattage might ensure a full burn of the juice but that only lasted for a bit. Eventually the same problem occurred.

Attachments

• IMG_20191227_144115.jpg
      IMG_20191227_144115.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 187
    • IMG_20191227_144058.jpg
      IMG_20191227_144058.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 185
    • IMG_20191227_144053.jpg
      IMG_20191227_144053.jpg
      891.1 KB · Views: 180
    Status
    Not open for further replies.