Status
Not open for further replies.

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
Yes definitely, I think it would sell very well!
From everything I've seen, people love the Aegis series & the Mini has a reputation for being a scrappy, tough little mod.
Being able to swap batteries would add the peace of mind of being flexible when batteries are dead or dying. :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
126BE817-B332-4B21-AD5E-70CA71E1447F.jpeg
By external you mean replaceable? Wouldn’t that be basically a classic ageis? It’s an option. The only thing that kept me away from the ageis mini was the microUSB2 port. They’re fragile. I wound up buying as aspire NX75-a because it had a USBc port instead. It’s not as rugged and I’m not fond of the aspire’s Shape, but a charge only mod with a microUSB2 port can last as little as a few weeks. On the mods I do have where the batteries are just too much of a PITA to change (a wismec 2/3 with a silicone case and a therion) I manage by attaching a magnetic power only USB cable which I never remove.

Attachments

• 66592B71-2D96-42FA-938A-377B358C637A.jpeg
    66592B71-2D96-42FA-938A-377B358C637A.jpeg
    1,001.2 KB · Views: 29
Wouldn't that be the same thing as an OG Aegis?
OG Aegis? By that do you mean the 100wt mod? If so yes in a way but that mod is near impossible to get hold of around my part of town.that and it would be good to have more choice for those of us who dont use internal batt mods

MartinD

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2017
How about 18650?:headbang:
With the 18650 battery, the mode will be smaller in size, which me personally suits more. I use it only with mtl atomizers. So, I'm voting for 18650 batteries :) And another suggestion - It would be great if you used a black color of better quality on the frame. Hello to everyone, I apologize for my bad English :)

Attachments

• handcheck.jpg
    handcheck.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 44

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
A lighter smaller one with an external batt would be handy to have .
“External battery” is a confusing term. It could just mean running an ageis mini as pass through on a power bank which I think it can already do, I think.
This is why I went with “removable battery”. Lighter and smaller with a removable battery is a probably unsolvable physics problem. Lighter and smaller with NO internal battery that MUST be plugged into USB is a device with many names, one of which is tether.

Tethers have been made. The problem with them was they were either as expensive as a battery mod or had such low quality strain arrestors on their cables that the cables were actually cut by the metal edges of the device (very dangerous).
As such they failed. A simple tether device with decent reliability would have a somewhat small but competition free market in the long haul trucking industry and other places where a user sits down in one place all day.
Iffy. Possible, but iffy. Single battery 18650s are useful for MTL only. It would be a lot smaller though. It couldn’t be terribly expensive. It would be competing with the Jac Vapor sandstorm amongst other high reliability 18650 devices.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
OG Aegis? By that do you mean the 100wt mod? If so yes in a way but that mod is near impossible to get hold of around my part of town.that and it would be good to have more choice for those of us who dont use internal batt mods
i would be ok with a cell phone type replacement. One where it is physically possible to replace the LiPo but to do so would need tools and time. Maybe make it something that a vape shop could do. The biggest annoyances of non removable battery mods are that they take time to charge during which they cannot be used and (most of all) that they are effectively disposable. The things can’t last more than about a year at which point one has to throw them away. Solve the disposability issue and it’s OK if they cost more.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
21700 would be a must or I wouldn't consider the device. Doesn't have to be as bulky as the original Aegis which is the sole reason I didn’t buy one. With my single 21700 I don't have to carry a spare battery, couldn't say that for a single 18650.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
21700 or nothing, lol. The mini being internal battery is the reason i haven't got one. If we can change out batteries,that would make a BIG difference.

I think that negates the pro of it’s potentially smaller size though. The Aegis takes a 21700, so if that’s what you want, it’s already available.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I think that negates the pro of it’s potentially smaller size though.

Bingo! :thumb:

Willing to bet the current Aegis Mini already houses an 18650 – but by removing a battery door (or threaded cap) and battery sled, they are able to achieve its smaller form factor.

The original Aegis 100 was designed around a 26650 cell.

@Geekvape_Official – I would keep the Aegis Mini as is to cover that Internal battery device market. Then perform a refresh design on the Aegis 100 watt but base its design around a 21700 cell and not the portly 26650. You should be able to easily achieve a smaller form factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread