Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Whatever you decide don't change the gorgeous looks of the mini.

View attachment 803249
I am not personally convinced that the design is so beautiful it cannot be altered. It does make an argument that a decent designer needs to be employed though because it is good enough that it could be made worse very easily.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The magic of gaskets.
It’s not just gaskets. The OG ageis has a particularly hardcore battery door. It’s a very aggressively threaded lump of billet steel. The legend did not make the same grade of ruggedness as the OG exclusively BECAUSE of weaknesses in its hinge door. Specifically the slide button on the door can be shattered if dropped just right.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
How about making an box with the similar shape of Aegis Mini, but supporting external battery?
How do you think?
I have 3 minis and 2 Aegis 100’s. The minis get used most days because their size is small and light,plus durable and water resistant like 100s. Being able to replace the battery would be great, as I know these three will be going to recycling when the battery dies. I’d love to be able to get more life out of them than a built in battery offers

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have 3 minis and 2 Aegis 100’s. The minis get used most days because their size is small and light,plus durable and water resistant like 100s. Being able to replace the battery would be great, as I know these three will be going to recycling when the battery dies. I’d love to be able to get more life out of them than a built in battery offers
Ooh! A potential donor! I am a bit curious to see the innards of one of those things and explore the possibility of battery replacement. Should one of your minis die the death I encourage you to donate the remains to science. Someone may be able to resurrect it.
upload_2019-3-15_23-1-41.jpg

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Ooh! A potential donor! I am a bit curious to see the innards of one of those things and explore the possibility of battery replacement. Should one of your minis die the death I encourage you to donate the remains to science. Someone may be able to resurrect it.
View attachment 803341
I’ll ship it to you, bon ami, when it dies. You can disembowel and attempt resurrection. I’m great at taking things apart, back together is a bit of a sticky wicket though :lol:. My benefit will be if you can figure out how to replace the battery. Since they’re all about the same age, with roughly equal use, I fear they’ll bite the dust as a group :(. That will indeed be a sad day!

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’ll ship it to you, bon ami, when it dies. You can disembowel and attempt resurrection. I’m great at taking things apart, back together is a bit of a sticky wicket though :lol:. My benefit will be if you can figure out how to replace the battery. Since they’re all about the same age, with roughly equal use, I fear they’ll bite the dust as a group :(. That will indeed be a sad day!
I have the same reassembly issue sadly :( If it’s a soldered battery though that bit is easy. The tricky bit is getting the thing open and closed while still maintaining water resistance.

• Agree
Reactions: NolaMel

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
How about making an box with the similar shape of Aegis Mini, but supporting external battery?
How do you think?

I thought this product already existed?

single_battery_mod_geekvape_aegis_collage.width-960.jpg

The only downside is they are all out of stock. I really want to buy one but it's sold out everywhere.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'd be much more interested in the Mini if it had a replaceable 18650, keeping the size as small as possible.
I've had the original Aegis (given to my son because I felt it was to large and heavy). I use the Aegis Mini about 30% of the time, using my JAC Vapour DNA75W the remaining 70%.

Comparing these two mods, to fit an 18650 into a Aegis Mini would require it to be at least half an inch longer. I'd be absolutely fine with an 18650 Mini even if it was a tad taller in length. A bigger battery than an 18650 would likely need the new Mini to be even more bulky than the lipo model.

dna-ss-handcheck-s1.jpg

jacvapour-series-b-dna75w-25mm-05.jpg

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
There seems to be a new one coming out. An Aegis Soio that uses one 18650 battery. Not shown on Geekvape site but there are pre-orders at a few shops. Not sure how they are getting 100W out of one 18650 battery though.

Geekvape Aegis SOLO Kit | 100W Waterproof Single Battery Box Mod Starter Kit (Pre-Order)

The Geekvape Aegis SOLO Kit is the long anticipated single battery version of the notable waterproof Aegis Legend Kit. Featuring a removable 18650 battery design, the Aegis Solo is capable of firing up to 100W of output power and a minimum resistance of 0.05Ω ohms while maintaining a full IP67 Waterproof/Dustproof rating. The Aegis SOLO includes a myriad of firing modes including a full temperature control suite, variable wattage, and bypass modes provided by the Advanced AS Chipset. The Aegis SOLO Kit includes the Geekvape Cerberus Tank, a mesh-core sub-ohm tank designed for maximum flavor and cloud production with better efficiency, making the combination a mighty warrior for the daily vaper.

Specifications:
  • Size: 128mm x 31mm x 41mm
  • Battery: Single 18650 Battery
  • Output Wattage: 5W - 100W
  • Display Screen: 0.96 inch
  • Output Voltage: 0.1-12V
  • Resistance Range: 0.05Ω - 3Ω
  • Operating Temperature: -20℃~+60℃
  • Charger: USB 5V 1.5A
  • Switch Timeout Protection: 10s
  • Output mode: Power/ VPC/ TC/ TCR/ Bypass
  • Temperature range: 100℃~315℃ / 200℉~600℉

GeekVape Aegis Solo Kit with Cerberus Tank

Reactions: Baditude

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
The only downside is they are all out of stock. I really want to buy one but it's sold out everywhere.
I loved my first Aegis so much, I bought two more. Then late last year I noticed they were disappearing off of the shelves and I got worried they might disappear for good. So I bought two more. :D

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
I loved my first Aegis so much, I bought two more. Then late last year I noticed they were disappearing off of the shelves and I got worried they might disappear for good. So I bought two more. :D

YOU! :facepalm:

:tumble:

You know good products when they sell like pancakes and go out quickly. I'm looking at some nunchaku right now and SS and Black are already sold out on my go to online store. I placed some bids on an Aegis too but someone pipped me last second. Though I won't be paying more than I should even if it's the best mod on Earth, even if it's rare. I just wished manufacturers recognize that doing re-run is not a bad thing, either they earn more from milking a good product or lower the prices since no more R&D is needed. Or make a V2! Anyways, that SOLO kit indeed looks nice.

Reactions: BillW50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread