Aegis Solo or Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
After reviewing both mods am interested what peoples thoughts are, not about my reviews but would you go for the Solo or Mini and general thoughts.

IMG_7581[1].jpg
pGcbQT8.jpg

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Solo all the way. No matter how you baby it, the Mini will be a paperweight after about 500 charge cycles. Meanwhile, the Solo just gets a new cell.

ETA: I never bought the Mini. I do have the Aegis, aegis legend, Aegis Solo, and Jackaroo, though...

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
It's good that their is an in-built battery version of the Aegis for those that prefer in-built battery devices but i agree with you all the way Shawn.

Interesting you mentioned the Jackaroo as i have a feeling if it wasn't for Vandyvape releasing the Jackaroo Geekvape might not of released the Solo.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Now I'm aged and retired I travel a lot in the UK and Europe and don't like to have to take too much stuff with me. Up until now my iSticks have been my favourite travel mods, as I can fit two of them, one tank, a couple of coils, a cord and a bottle of juice into a sunglasses case.

In the car I can charge them as I drive, in Spain particularly no one minds if I plug them into a wall socket to charge them in a cafe, bar or restaurant as most other customers are doing the same with their phones, and in hotel rooms again there's no problem.

I'm looking a replacements for my two three and a half year old iSticks now, and so for me it'll likely be the Mini if I don't simply buy another two iSticks.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I got Mini a while back and love it. The shape is perfect for me. At home running at 10 W with 7 other mods in use a charge lasts several days. The only downside is if I go away for a trip I don't want to take 8 mods along so the small charge is more of a factor. I like it even more than my trusty old iStick 40.

Now I'm getting ready to pick up another mod and can't decide between the Mini and the Solo. Thinking I should get a Solo. It's a little bigger but otherwise the same form, and a replaceable battery is appealing.

I would have got a Solo already except that the cheapest price I've been able to find for the mod only is Health Cabin, and there's something wrong with their site. I lost my password and there's no way of getting in touch with them to get it reset. They appear to be rolling out a new help desk system and right now nothing works.

Anyone know another place to get them?

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
I got Mini a while back and love it. The shape is perfect for me. At home running at 10 W with 7 other mods in use a charge lasts several days. The only downside is if I go away for a trip I don't want to take 8 mods along so the small charge is more of a factor. I like it even more than my trusty old iStick 40.

Now I'm getting ready to pick up another mod and can't decide between the Mini and the Solo. Thinking I should get a Solo. It's a little bigger but otherwise the same form, and a replaceable battery is appealing.

I would have got a Solo already except that the cheapest price I've been able to find for the mod only is Health Cabin, and there's something wrong with their site. I lost my password and there's no way of getting in touch with them to get it reset. They appear to be rolling out a new help desk system and right now nothing works.

Anyone know another place to get them?
Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Geekvape-Aegis-Solo-MOD.html

Again pre-order

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Depends upon whether the user wants to use an internal battery mod or external battery mod. Both have their pro's and cons.

I have the Mini and love it. But I realize that it will become a paperweight in 2 - 3 years when that Lipo battery dies.

I generally prefer external battery mods, and if I were in the market for a new single battery mod I'd go for the Aegis Solo. (My other everyday vape setup is the JAC Vapour DNA75W that uses a single external battery.)

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I ordered here:
GeekVape Aegis Solo Mod 100W TC Vape Box Mod - Cvapor.com
mod only, code: solom
$32.88 with shipping
Still on pre-order, I don't expect it till June/July...LOL!

I never heard of Cvapor. Never done a pre-order either. But I trust you completely because you joined ECF just a week before me and you have a cool avatar.

Order is in. That was cheap. Is solom a one time code or could I order more stuff there?

cheers Mick

Reactions: puffon

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
I never heard of Cvapor. Never done a pre-order either. But I trust you completely because you joined ECF just a week before me and you have a cool avatar.

Order is in. That was cheap. Is solom a one time code or could I order more stuff there?

cheers Mick
CVapor are legit i have done reviews for them in the past and made a couple of orders and all went smoothly.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Is solom a one time code or could I order more stuff there?
    Not sure but I believe it was specific to the solo.
    I've ordered from them back in 2017 without issues.
    Seems with China pre-orders they are the last to get stock and the "kits" with attys are released first.
    You can save $ with pre-orders but expect the wait.

Reactions: englishmick

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I have the mini, and I love it...but really wish I would have waited for the solo. It's not that much bigger, and the battery life on the mini is just alright, even using 15w all day. As it sounds like above, I think the solo is the clear better way to go.

Of course, if portability is a big reason for getting one, the mini gets a second look. But honestly, unless someone works something in manual labor, or tend to drop their mods a lot and could really benefit from the construction benefits, I think there are a lot of much smaller options for the same batter life to choose from. For me, this just screams stay at home mod with a removable battery. I just wish they weren't so pricey. I'm sort of committed to recharging this mini daily now. Some regrets here, even though I love everything else about the mini.

• Agree
    Reactions: proax9

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Interesting you mentioned the Jackaroo as i have a feeling if it wasn't for Vandyvape releasing the Jackaroo Geekvape might not of released the Solo.
    Considering how close these two were released, I kinda believe that Geekvape already had the Solo in prototype when the Jackaroo was released... What I found interesting was their decision to keep it at 18650 AND still claim 100 watts (which they got close to according to DJLSB).

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2017
    Bolton, England
    Considering how close these two were released, I kinda believe that Geekvape already had the Solo in prototype when the Jackaroo was released... What I found interesting was their decision to keep it at 18650 AND still claim 100 watts (which they got close to according to DJLSB).
    There was about 2 months between the 2 releases that's more than enough time for an established manufacturer to bring out a new device from scratch (ask smok they need a day lol) but we are talking about a device which already has versions, wouldn't take a lot of time at all everything to do with the design and watarproofing is took off previous Aegis versions, i still believe it was a response to the Jackeroo!

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread