The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

AGA T tipper dripper

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by brfrompa, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. brfrompa

brfrompa Full Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Emmaus, PA
    Grrrr, post name was supposed to be "dripper" not "dropper" . Darn spell check

Since I've been dripping me AGA T has been sitting. I pulled the stainless mesh and mounted a micro coil over the wick hole. Pulled some cotton from cotton ball through there. I arranged it so the bottom tail fluffs out over the wick hole. The other tail I curved around to contact the bottom tail. I pulled out the screw opposite the wick hole. This allows the juice to flow out the wick hole and saturate the cotton when you tip the atomizer. I did this and the old juice pretty quickly saturated the whole wick. Might work!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brent
    k101, ITaste VV, REO Grand

2. brfrompa

brfrompa Full Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Emmaus, PA
    Ok, taste I much better. Tipping is working well. Thinner juice might be important.

The tank was pretty low so I topped it off with some black cloud apple melon. I'm liking it a lot now.

The AGA T 2 is back in rotation! Something fun to do when I'm not in Reoville.

Brent

3. adrkaushal

adrkaushal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    India
    Man, that's the best you can do with top coil RBAs ... the ss mesh wicks just don't work. I really wonder if anyone's using SS mesh wick, what kind of eLiquid are they using... Good to know the cotton is working for you *thumbsup*

4. brfrompa

brfrompa Full Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Emmaus, PA
    I was very disappointed withSS. Just not good. This is much better.

I have some pretty thick juice in there now. Probably 70% VG. I do want to get some thinner stuff in there soon.

I thought the AGA T was trash. Glad to utilize it.

Brent

5. adrkaushal

Dec 26, 2012
    India
    Exactly my thoughts. I used my AGA T2 for a couple of days while playing with it. Tried different stuff but nothing worked. The juice does not get wicked using SS wick. By the way, I'm using 100% VG and even cotton can't wick it up. So I use my top coil RBA as RDA. Right now I'm using my i-ATTY which is again a top coil. Got a cotton wick but dripping instead of trying to make it wick juice lol .. I have ordered some (10m) Silica wick (2mm), will give it a try and see if it wicks better. Think I'm also going to order some eLiquids but this time it will be 50/50 on PG/VG period

6. brfrompa

brfrompa Full Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Emmaus, PA
    I was liking the high VG stuff, too. And I have gone to 50:50. It's just easier when the juice is thinner.

You should try pulling a screw out of your AGA T and doing the tip to drip trick. I'm pretty happy with it. It finally taste good.

Brent

7. adrkaushal

Dec 26, 2012
    India
    brfrompa, I have tried tipping, inverting, everything. I have even tried inverting the RBA with the screw removed for hours but even then, not a single drop fell out of the tank lol. 100% VG is like honey! Those small holes are just not enough for such a thick juice.

8. brfrompa

brfrompa Full Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Emmaus, PA
    I can totally seeing it be an issue. I'm pretty much set on dripping with my cheap Octopus RDA on the K101 and using either a HH.357 atty or a Reomizer2 on the REO. Of course the Reomizer hasn't been funded yet. Soon. One thing at a time.

The HH is doing really well for now.

Brent

9. Tbev

Tbev Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Your leaving a bit much hanging out on top is going to need to be tipped longer to keep that wet. Both above builds are @0.5 0hm approx. They wick fine w/cotton. I love cotton in a genny, much preferred to mesh.

10. mohitgarg

mohitgarg Full Member Verified Member

Apr 8, 2014
    India
    This is something I have been contemplating while my Kraken is on the way from FT, why not build a genesis like a cotton wicked dripper. Most people prefer drippers over other systems, however there is always the problem of having to keep dripping it regularly.

So why not build the deck as a dripper with cotton, and saturate it with eliquid and fill you tank, take a few hits, and when you feel it starting to get dry, just tip it, let the cotton soak up the eliquid, and then hold it as you would, and continue, simply dripper with a tank.

Regarding overdripping/flooding, I think after a few times, you would know how long to tip and how much, besides, gravity would come into play as well, and let the extra eliquid fall back into the tank.

Will something as simple as this not work or am I being too naive?

11. cdemaria87

cdemaria87 Full Member

Apr 23, 2014
    United States
    I just set my kraken up like this (I don't have and have never used a dripper). Duel coil 26 ga 3 mm id .35 ohm cotton wick. Best flavor I have gotten since starting this 2 months ago. This is great. I know what I am buying next.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

12. Tbev

Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    Lots of people do that they call is auto dripper, you have to make a U or L shaped piece of wire or something like that BC you need to break the surface tension of the juice in the tank is it won't come out when you tip it. Search auto dripper you'll see, if not hit me up, Pm I'll shoot you some pics I did that with a steam turbine and an aga td, but I want really happy with it, just saying there are better setups..
    Although I am a cotton cheerleader, dial mesh setups are the best vape I've gotten out of the kraken, most people will agree.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

13. cdemaria87

cdemaria87 Full Member

Apr 23, 2014
    United States
    Really. I just did my above setup with 24 gauge and now I am running .15 ohms (vtc5 if ur concerned) and I love it. I mix my own juice and been making 10mg nic. I take 2 or 3 pulls every 30 minutes while i am at home and it is plenty. Tastes great. I never have a problem with 50/50 juice and surface tension. I learned to let 3 bubbles go when I turn it over and then it is wicked. I will look that up and see what the difference it.

This has turned into a huge hobby now so I change coils several times a week. I need to order more wire. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tbev

Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    Cool, sometimes you don't have to do that I guess, and your not chain vaping it, but if you run into that problem that's how you fix it. Vape on bud!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

15. mohitgarg

mohitgarg Full Member Verified Member

Apr 8, 2014
    India
    I just setup my Kraken with a dual nano dragon coil network, I made it so that the deck was completely covered with cotton. Now I just vape a couple of times, tip the dripper upside, see air bubbles go from the fill hole, when that stops happening it means the wick is saturated, and bam, done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.