AGI help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXILEDinATL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Macon, GA.
I can not build this thing for the love of me. I picked it up at work today, I have built many genesis style rba's before. I own a kraken (clone), rsst, bliss clone, & a steam turbine (clone). That is not including all the ones I have built for other people. I can build those with ease, cotton, ss cable with something on top, or just plain old ss mesh. BUT the only way I can build this hell of a genny is with cotton. I already did the spring fix. I just get a darn hot leg up top. No matter how much I mess with it, or what I try to use only cotton will work for me.
Does anyone have some tips for me. Or maybe a link to a video on a build. All I really want to do is use SS mesh. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Also sorry if I posted in wrong section.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
The AGI is a bstid for mesh builds and I have no idea why. I think I only got mesh to work well twice out of the umpteen builds I tried, and I always went back to cotton. If I remember correctly, the only way I was able to get it working properly with mesh was after I drilled out the wick hole to get rid of the threads inside. It seemed like they would always scuff off the oxidization layer on the wick and short it to no end.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
My AGI gets 0.2v volt drop vs pulse G 0.09v; not bad.
Vapes fine but I should probably do a better hot spring fix.
I just crammed copper wire inside spring; the 1 minute fix.
I have new version AGI w/ shorter gold colored spring; the old AGI takes longer (10ish mm) hot spring replacement rod.
Curious of other hot spring by-pass ideas?

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
My AGI gets 0.2v volt drop vs pulse G 0.09v; not bad.
Vapes fine but I should probably do a better hot spring fix.
I just crammed copper wire inside spring; the 1 minute fix.
I have new version AGI w/ shorter gold colored spring; the old AGI takes longer (10ish mm) hot spring replacement rod.
Curious of other hot spring by-pass ideas?

I also have the newer AGI w/short gold colored spring, and so far it is great. But I am doing cotton builds on mine, haven't even tried SS mesh. I have heard that a good hot spring fix for the old AGI is to get a copper tube the exact length and diameter of the present spring. I saw someone do it on youtube ... It is my intention, if I should need to, to take the spring down to Home Depot and pick up a copper tube for it.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I also have the newer AGI w/short gold colored spring, and so far it is great. But I am doing cotton builds on mine, haven't even tried SS mesh. I have heard that a good hot spring fix for the old AGI is to get a copper tube the exact length and diameter of the present spring. I saw someone do it on youtube ... It is my intention, if I should need to, to take the spring down to Home Depot and pick up a copper tube for it.

The copper wire hot spring stuffing I did made a big voltage drop difference compared to OEM hot spring. Capillary copper tubing sounds better. Please let us know if you find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread