Not open for further replies.

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
Le sigh.

I want to place an order, specifically for 60 of LFR and 30 of Neutral . . . but LFR is still "not available." :(

I hate holding my breath! :facepalm::blush:

Oh dear, I have not opened mine yet. I guess I should save it?

I just popped by to rave about some of my well steeped juices (tarte tatin peach - YUM) and see there seems to be some sort of shake up going on? Going back several pages I can't pinpoint exactly what's going on. Off to Facebook I go!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Definitely try it. Let me say though, don't let your expectations overwhelm the juice itself. It is a subtle flavor, and many people love it (like me!), but not everyone does. My stepdaughter, who otherwise has good taste :) , thinks it's awful! I like it when I first get it--I get sort-of a buttery green tea with honey flavor. It does that for a couple of weeks. Then it gets kind of flat for a couple of weeks. After 4 or more weeks, it comes around and really starts to develop its magic (for me, anyway). Suddenly you get the lightly sweetened black milk tea flavor and it's impossible to describe what else, and it's exquisite! But, still subtle. Many people think it has coconut flavors--it doesn't really, but I can see how they get that. And what else? Well, this afternoon I was eating some Tom Kha soup, and I bit into a piece of that root like stuff. I think it's galangal. And I thought, "Oh, I think that's part of what I get in Boba Tea!" Anyway, it's a complicated flavor. I hope you like it. If you don't, put it away for a good long, long steep and try it again.

Very nice description of Boba Tea!

I think there's tapioca flavoring in Boba that many people minds identify as coconut. Boba Tea (aka Bubble Tea) has large black balls (get your mind out of the gutter) of chewy tapioca, which I think is represented by tapioca flavoring in the vape. I taste it clearly anyways with Boba. I didn't get coconut, unless I pretend really hard the flavor I'm getting as tapioca is coconut, then I can sorta see it.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I totally get what you are saying Mazinny-I feel they are like "that girl" too. Possibly those that are located nearby and have gone in and formed a relationship with them do not feel it. Those of us that are online customers and have been kept guessing from the beginning "profiling, no profiling?" 'Ask for Lemon Vanilla Cake" "OMG do not ask for it" Sometimes I feel like a pawn in game and only he knows the rules. Yes we like the juice, we like it enough to try to find out the rules. There is definitely weird-ness to the way the customer service is conducted. I whole heartedly agree

yeah, definitely remember that other pretty girl too ! the really confident one, who is also at ease with other aspects of herself besides looks. that thing about confidence and arrogance and a thin line, i suppose.

wouldn't say i felt disrespected so much as brushed off.

i had contacted them before about not getting a feedback coupon, and was told that it was because two orders were placed within seven days and you only get one feedback coupon in these cases. well fair enough, had i known this i would have placed a larger order with the first feedback coupon, but so be it. nevermind that i later read that others have been getting two feedback coupons for separate orders place in the same day.

when i didn't get a feedback for another order which was definitely not placed in close proximity to any other order, i called to inquire. Wlad looked it up, confirmed that i should have received the coupon by now, so i asked if i might still get it later. he said he doesn't know and then asked if there was anything else he could help me with, with an impatient tone. i'm thinking to myself anything else ? how about helping me with my main issue. but i bit my tongue and said no thank you, are you saying that you can't issue me a coupon for that particular order ? he said no, and we ended the call.

had he said something along the lines of we will look into, i might have been appeased a bit, but like i said before, his response and especially his tone rubbed me the wrong way.

maybe i am overreacting, and who knows, there might even be some deep rooted "emotional baggage " there ! and i really shouldn't be beating a dead horse any longer.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I never once checked the "likes" on a particular Ahl flavor from their site, but I just did and it is interesting. Smooth Criminal has 139 likes, Boba Tea (plain) has 90 and Strawberry Shortcake has 55.

Anyway, I don't remember if anyone responded to me yet, but did Strawberry Shortcake go away and comeback? I don't understand why I remember from back in the day (though never having tried it), but don't remember seeing it afterward until recently. I wonder if the recipe was tweaked or something. Whatever the case, my 30 mL is almost gone already. This may be a record for me.

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
I never once checked the "likes" on a particular Ahl flavor from their site, but I just did and it is interesting. Smooth Criminal has 139 likes, Boba Tea (plain) has 90 and Strawberry Shortcake has 55.

Anyway, I don't remember if anyone responded to me yet, but did Strawberry Shortcake go away and comeback? I don't understand why I remember from back in the day (though never having tried it), but don't remember seeing it afterward until recently. I wonder if the recipe was tweaked or something. Whatever the case, my 30 mL is almost gone already. This may be a record for me.

It's been on the menu consistently, but the picture definitely changed in the last couple of weeks.

I don't know how the "likes" play into what flavors they keep on the menu, but as far as I can tell, it's the only way to put something on your wish list. So I have plenty of flavors that I've added as favorites that I've never actually tried. If they are going to use that to decide if they want to keep something on the menu, they might want to tweak how the wishlist works...

Blacks_n_Jacks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
MD, United States

Hey, Mr. Mann, Strawberry Shortcake has been on the menu for as long as I remember. The picture has very recently changed, I don't know about the recipe being changed, because I've only had mine for a few months now.

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI

It's always been around and it's available in XPress too. You know , it's not unusual for me to drip BGB and Blueberry Vanilla Cake at the same time, but somehow I never thought of you doing that; weird to hear about you wolfing down a dessert flavor!

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
I do have to ask.... Am I/are we, supposed to be appeased by seeing boba back on the menu? Even though it's"not available". My next question is why all the games? This is so NOT pandering to your base. Obviously there is something going on at Ahlusions. Something so secret that he hasn't told his employees, the reason I say this is because something would have leaked by now, at one of the stores by someone. Everyone loves to be"in the know" you can't tell me one of his hourly people hasn't heard something. So logic would have it that he is keeping them out of the loop.
Back to the matter at hand. Just cause it it's on the menu I should be happy? How does that work?

Something's going on at Ahlusions? Just keep guessing. Maybe if you hit the nail on the head, Wlad'll send you a bottle of Lemon Vanilla Cake.

A LOT is going on there. They're playing with their menu, adding a high-VG line, moving flavors to XPress-only (probably), opening a new store, beginning to sell XPress flavors through other outlets, and preparing for regulations that just might wipe their business off the map.

I like Boba Tea too. But you're using a lot of energy getting angry over this. Obviously, you're very unhappy with Ahlusion. Maybe you should find some vendors that share their business plans publicly and generally operate in a way you approve of? That's what I'd do if a vendor's offerings or behavior didn't suit my needs.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Hey, Mr. Mann, Strawberry Shortcake has been on the menu for as long as I remember. The picture has very recently changed, I don't know about the recipe being changed, because I've only had mine for a few months now.

It might be the Pavlovian response that got me. LOL

It's always been around and it's available in XPress too. You know , it's not unusual for me to drip BGB and Blueberry Vanilla Cake at the same time, but somehow I never thought of you doing that; weird to hear about you wolfing down a dessert flavor!

Well, it's settled then -- my eyes just see things they didn't see before. Crazy. Yep, I am a dessert guy now, but it likely has more to do with vaping with an RDA. I don't vape desserts outta 510s (or very rarely), so I am positive that RDAs are the culprit.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
What does Ricks taste like...I'm curious about that one.

Rick's Request is rice pudding with raisins but it doesn't taste like that fresh. Most people don't care for it without a long steep. My 30VG/70PG RR doesn't pull together completely for a couple of months.

Rick's Request was among the first Ahlusion juices that I very much enjoyed. It went off the menu for quite some time during the back office upgrade but came back.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I totally get what you are saying Mazinny-I feel they are like "that girl" too. Possibly those that are located nearby and have gone in and formed a relationship with them do not feel it. Those of us that are online customers and have been kept guessing from the beginning "profiling, no profiling?" 'Ask for Lemon Vanilla Cake" "OMG do not ask for it" Sometimes I feel like a pawn in game and only he knows the rules. Yes we like the juice, we like it enough to try to find out the rules. There is definitely weird-ness to the way the customer service is conducted. I whole heartedly agree
Yeah, I blame myself really for falling into the trappings of the "game" you are referring to. I should've just ordered a bunch of flavors from the express line, and re-ordered the ones I liked, and that's it. The same way I ordered from other vendors before I found my favorites.

Instead, I was wondering about feedback coupons and flash sales and steeping lengths and stacking and which device to use and the inner workings of their business, etc ... I find myself laughing now that I have written it out and can see it on the screen !

I almost feel I spent as much time on the corollaries, as I did on vaping the juice.

Oh well, at least I found four juices that I will be reordering, and thankfully three of them are on the express line.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN

I first tried it about a year ago. If I remember correctly I have seen it several times over the past many months. Sorry I am not more sure. If it went away, I missed it.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I am having a strange vape tasting day. Been vaping my Smooth Criminal on my r91 and the flavor keeps changing and going harsh. So I changed the cotton wick 2x today and then built a new coil tonight. It is still going harsh after a bit.

I hope I am not getting a vapers tongue event. I hate those. I am almost drowned with the water drinking. Bah!

LilaRox

Verified Member
May 1, 2014
United States
HA HA! I finally made it to end of this thread.. I felt the necessity to read back at least 50 (about) posts so then I would know what was going on and I would be a part of this club. Yay! I did it. Now are there other (imagined or real) initiations I need to pass in order to be a member of this awesome AHL club, or am I in. Go me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread