Air cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreverT

Sep 10, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Has anyone else tried cleaning these out with compressed air? I was thinking about the various complaints regarding the juice collection under the battery case, and how it kills the flow switch. With normal tobacco pipes, you clean them regularly, but I've found that a pipecleaner won't fit down this oddly-made stem. However, when I took my needle-tipped air gun to it, a lot of liquid blew out of the stem, and I then blew down through the bowl intake and blew a great deal of liquid out of the shank end. I couldn't see any of this at the bottom of the shank, so I'm guessing it came from under the bowl where the switch is. I'm hoping that regular air cleaning this way will keep gunk from gathering down there, but wondered if anyone else has tried this already?

** Note - If you do this, be sure to remove the battery first! Otherwise, the air through the flow switch will heat up your atty and produce a small fog cloud out the shank... Not that I was dumb enough to experience this myself, of course. :laugh::blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread