Air Travel and the Personal Vaporizer FAQ and Blog!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

syndicate2083

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Massachusetts
I suspect a lot of them are vapers (closet or otherwise) and I typically only get a lot of attention when I have a mod that looks 'cool' to the agent(s) in question. Sometimes it seems they are afraid to really engage in banter about them so they surreptitiously ask about them.

As an aside, and a few months late, I must say that my experiences with TSA agents overall has been on the great side of good. If you approach them with understanding, respect, and a smile you slip through quickly.

I appreciate their dedication, and the horror that dealing with huge crowds of tired, grumpy, impatient people can be. Its not an easy job, and usually quite thankless. So thanks to any/all TSA who may be able to see this, or people who have family/friends on them. To the rest of us, just smile, be patient, and remember that they stand in the airport and deal with the lines for hours, every single day. Youll get through, and I havent met a single agent who balked at mods/devices or juice, just understand if they want to look at it, and youll be on your way in a minute or less.

Reactions: stols001

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
Hey 13ways I appreciate the work you do even if my daughter doesn't (she's a flight attendant) when she gets stuck with 4 or 5 flights in one day she would have to go through security several times a day to have a smoke. Now she vapes and I never hear her say anything about the TSA. Hmm I wonder why? :)

Have you heard any rumors about E-Cigs being banned on planes? My daughter hasn't but she thinks the day is coming. I'm not talking about using them just having them in your possession.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
I suspect a lot of them are vapers (closet or otherwise) and I typically only get a lot of attention when I have a mod that looks 'cool' to the agent(s) in question. Sometimes it seems they are afraid to really engage in banter about them so they surreptitiously ask about them.
I think that's the case as well.

Nickistoocool

Mar 13, 2017
If you have any questions about security in US airports feel free to contact me. I work for TSA so I should be able to answer just about all your questions.
Hi
I'm planning on flying from lax to New Mexico to see my sister in may
She's 19, I'm 17. She left her 26650 mech mod along with an atomizer and a few batteries. She would like for me to fly with them back to her. My question is, is there anything illegal about me possesing the vape? Will tsa ask any questions? Could it be confinsaced? Thanks.

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hi
I'm planning on flying from lax to New Mexico to see my sister in may
She's 19, I'm 17. She left her 26650 mech mod along with an atomizer and a few batteries. She would like for me to fly with them back to her. My question is, is there anything illegal about me possesing the vape? Will tsa ask any questions? Could it be confinsaced? Thanks.
Nothing illegal. E-cigs are permitted to be carried in the plane. Just don't vape it inside. However, note Li-ion battery restrictions ~ I'd advice you to chuck those batteries off and just carry the mod and the atty. For more info pls watch the next post.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hello
i will be flying to Boston soon. I would only be bringing on A 2x18650 mod, 2 bottles of juice, 4 battery's 18650 as well. Do you think i would have any problems bringing that on as a carry on bag?
Hi, pls watch this video for all your needed info:

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread