Build deck sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
I know one thing I may like the way the layercake hits but the build deck sucks. Its the hardest Ive ever built on cause u have to have everything clamped down perfect or u have a loose wire. It took me over an our to get my coils to fire evenly cause one wire stayed lose. I had to build it 4 times. And u can forget using it as a sqounker like its sold for cause the design wud cause it to leak everywhere. The Cosmonaut was a sinch to build on. Im using my Cosmonaut now just cause Im ...... at the Layercake. I almost tossed it in the trash it made me so mad. And I can build on any rda in about 5 minutes. District 5fve needs a better design. I can see it wearing out in the future where u wires wont get tight at all. I hope my Cosmonaut lasts a long time.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The design of a RDA is certainly extremely important. It helps to watch a YouTube review/tutorial to anticipate any flaws in design before making a purchase.

I like the design of the Velocity. Plenty of deck room for installing coils, large holes in the posts for easy wire insertion, relatively deep juice well, great air flow adjustment options.

Velocity RDA Reviews

20160613182212_71427.jpg

Last edited:

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
The design of a RDA is certainly extremely important. It helps to watch a YouTube review/tutorial to anticipate any flaws in design before making a purchase.
There were no youtube videos out when I ordered it. It was on preorder. Im one of the first to own one. Now there r some videos out. I like the way it hits so fortunately I wont have to fight with it much since I never change my build. I tried some 26+38 claptons on it last night and liked my 28×2+38 fused claptons better so this evening after work I switched it back and it was a nightmare. Im keeping this build till it wears out. Whats the life span on a coil build anyway?
I like the design of the Velocity. Plenty of deck room for installing coils, large holes in the post for easy wire insertion, relatively deep juice well, great air flow adjustment options.

Velocity RDA Reviews

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Whats the life span on a coil build anyway?
I've had one build last nearly 8 months. I would remove the wick, and do a few short dry burns to burn off the gunk on the coils, maybe rinse the coils off with water, and then rewick them.

But generally speaking, 3 - 4 months would be an acceptible number.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
I've had one build last nearly 8 months. I would remove the wick, and do a few short dry burns to burn off the gunk on the coils, maybe rinse the coils off with water, and then rewick them.

But generally speaking, 3 - 4 months would be an acceptible number.
I cant find a vlocity
Yeah I always go for something that is easy to build on. That's always one of my first priority when choosing RDAs
Yeah I always go for something that is easy to build on. That's always one of my first priority when choosing RDAs

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Really? Where did you look?

Velocity V2 RDA

There are also some very nice clone Velocity's at a much cheaper price.

In my opinion a Velocity RDA is an RDA that everyone that drips should have especially newbies to building.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
In my opinion a Velocity RDA is an RDA that everyone that drips should have especially newbies to building.
It costs like $135. I cant find one for sale online anywhere. Its like they dont exist. All I see is clones. I can put up with a crappy build deck if I like the performance of the rda. I love the Layercake its just a pain to build on. Luckily I only have to deal with it every 3 or 4 months.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
It costs like $135. I cant find one for sale online anywhere. Its like they dont exist. All I see is clones. I can put up with a crappy build deck if I like the performance of the rda. I love the Layercake its just a pain to build on. Luckily I only have to deal with it every 3 or 4 months.
You can get a clone for around $10. There are also quite a few authentics that use a velocity style deck you can get inexpensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread