Alexander Mundy's Magic Twisted Ribbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Magic Mundy Sunday! Thanks, Man, for putting this out for us all! I'm eager to try making it.

For anybody who's not up on the history in other threads. I was lucky enough to receive 3 pieces of this stuff, and I'm here to tell ya'; Best wire I've ever wrapped a coil with. I am for sure gonna be playin' this game!

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
yganana6.jpg

Sent from the zoo using Tapatypo 2

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Hmm... I may have to try this out. I may have to follow the leaders on this one. Thanks mr. Mundy!

You for sure want to try this stuff out.
Like I said in the video, this is the best I have found and I have tried twisting a lot of stuff together.
The more this gets out there the more chance someone will find a better size/tecqnique/etc.

:vapor:

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Here is what the ribbon should look like after the first fold twist before you put 3 of them together.

6mmX07mmcoldtwisted165ohmft_zps925326ba.jpg

You need the tension as much as possible without breaking while doing the initial folding.

If it looks like this, you didn't have enough tension.

photo1_zps4bbc9c19.jpg

Here is what the finished product should look like close up.

6mmX07mmcoldtwistedthen3hottwistedoposite56ohmft_zps53f63403.jpg

If it looks like this you reverse twisted too much and or didn't have enough tension.

6mmx07mmcoldtwistedthen2coldtwistedbackwardsamp2twistedtogether_zpsf41e9004.jpg

If you drop it in the carpet this is what it looks like.

6mmx07mmcoldtwistedthen2coldtwistedbackwardsamp2twistedtogether_zps0355592a.jpg

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
I'm not sure what is "best" about it. It's sure pretty. What are your ohms/foot or inch? Durability? It seems it might even help wicking.

I can vouch that it is the best. Flavor pops, vape is better than even R41 (which previously held the crown)

I did a 5-wrap on a 17ga needle (microcoil) which metered out at .7Ω. If you guesstimate that the legs were approximately 1 additional wrap worth of wire, it averages out to ~0.12Ω per wrap.

I never measured the length used in the coil, but using a different wire and guesstimating the length used at ~2", the resist of this stuff is approximately 0.35Ω per inch give or take.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I'm not sure what is "best" about it. It's sure pretty. What are your ohms/foot or inch? Durability? It seems it might even help wicking.

Flavor is the biggest thing, but vapor is no slouch either.
As far as vapor it is hard to explain because there is something different about it.
Almost like it is finer droplets of vapor which would explain the flavor.
You have to experience it to know what I am talking about.

Juice wicks right up in it but I have noticed I have to squonk the Reo a little more than with Rene41.
I also go through more juice with it.
The micro coil in my avatar is .8 ohms and formed on a 1.2mm screwdriver with cotton wick on a RM2 atomizer with drilled out air hole and it is wonderful.
Used it in my modified Hero Hybrids with 2/3 coil over 2 wraps of mesh wrapped on IIRC 1.55mm form with cotton wicks and it is a close second.

I am not at my computer where my notes are so I don't remember the ohms/ft off the top of my head.

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Flavor is the biggest thing, but vapor is no slouch either.
As far as vapor it is hard to explain because there is something different about it.
Almost like it is finer droplets of vapor which would explain the flavor.
You have to experience it to know what I am talking about.

Juice wicks right up in it but I have noticed I have to squonk the Reo a little more than with Rene41.
I also go through more juice with it.
The micro coil in my avatar is .8 ohms and formed on a 1.2mm screwdriver with cotton wick on a RM2 atomizer with drilled out air hole and it is wonderful.
Used it in my modified Hero Hybrids with 2/3 coil over 2 wraps of mesh wrapped on IIRC 1.55mm form with cotton wicks and it is a close second.

I am not at my computer where my notes are so I don't remember the ohms/ft off the top of my head.

Yeah, my juice is definitely disappearing faster.

There's a little bit of a learning curve, as you want to have a very saturated wikicoil before you toot. All those extending wings of metal do hold juice, and I think that, as they vaporize it, more is drawn out onto the edges; but it vaporizes large quantities (pro'ly why the flavor is so amazing and dense), so you can go dry and burn a bit if you aren't loaded up good.

I said in another thread→. First coil I vaped with this stuff was with my ADV Lemonade, and the flavor was so full and citrusey, that my mouth quite literally started watering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread