The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

All HHV....

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Reviews' started by DantesInferno, Sep 19, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DantesInferno

DantesInferno Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Ok so the challenge here is I personally or others can chime in on every HHV juice available. And new ones to come. I'll try and make sure over time that we cover every last one. Sorry Heather.
    I vape 18mg of a 40/60 blend but I've also had 70/30 and 100%vg. Let's mention here for those of you searching for 100%vg, HHV's vg is actually quite thin and full of flavor.

Gandalf
    Mildly sweet. Reminds me of the smell of hot cocoa. Others don't taste cocoa at all. Some describe it as grassy or earthy. I can kind of get that. This is my all day vape. Love this stuff. Initially it's kind of blah, nothing exciting but after 5-7 days it becomes a complex blend of wonderful flavors.

Oompa
    Didn't care for this one at first. Kinda tasted like dust or dirt to me. Quite mild. I could tell it was tobacco based but wasn't too thrilled about it. After 5-7 days it's quite good. Chocolate with tobacco. Similar to Tuscan cocoa with a tobacco base.

Dragons Fire
    Has a mild spice note on a tobacco base. I've read this "spice" described as the cinnamon from red hots. Maybe?

Huntsman
    Reminds me of a stronger, sweeter dragons fire. I get the same kind of spice and tobacco just stronger.

Cinful Pear
    Fresh pears with cinnamon. That's it. It's good.

Georgia peach tobacco
    Great fresh peach with a tobacco base. Mildly sweet. The peach flavoring is awesome.

Blade Runner
    Wonderful vape. Should get more attention. I get double mint gum on the inhale and vanilla mint on the exhale. A friend tells me it tastes like York peppermint to her.

PB cookie
    One of my favorites. Tastes just like it says. Mild flavor though. I could deal with it being stronger. Seems to be a bit more cookie than PB but it's good.

Mocha java smooth
    Well you'll read on here, yeah I think it tastes like burned popcorn. But it's great! I can see it being interpreted as a black coffee bean taste. Probably my #2 favorite. Mildly sweeter once it's steeped.

Tuscan cocoa
    For the first 3-4 days I didn't care for this one but once the cocoa set in good this stuff is pretty good. I actually think it tastes a bit like tootsie rolls. Add this to some mocha java and it's excellent.

2. TulsaClint

TulsaClint Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2012
    Tulsa
    Hey Dante, are you aiming this thread at being just 100% VG blend juices from HHV? Or just HHV in general?

What I like most from Heather's is Georgia Peach Tobacco (with extra peach) at 70/30 (although ordered it last time at 50/50 [I think]). Amazing throat hit, flavor out of this world. It's funny how I can vape Vermillion River, AVE Boba's, etc, etc, all day, then pop my clearo with Georgia Peach in it on my batt and just say "that's what I'm talkin' about!". Seriously I find it that good.

Gandalf, well where do we start? It's good, that's all I can say. A must try for any vaper, period.

Jiggy, now there's somethin' pretty awesome. A floral bouquet of flavor in a hooka type vape. I swear, the same night I had this vape for the first time out of the mail, my girlfriend ran out and bought a hooka with some tobacco smokes in it. Jiggy was just like smoking from the hooka.

Heavenly Tobacco, it's been a while but you'll be here in the mail soon lol. It's great stuff but as I said, it's been some time, have some on the way. It's really, really good stuff though.

Clockwork Orange, very delicious. A nice chocolate flavor with a hint of orange. Reminds me a bit of the flavor in her Satsuma which is very subtle, but wonderful, on that note...

Satsuma, very subtle, but great orange flavor. Order it with extra flavor. I haven't but if it's the same blend as I got, I'd suggest it unless you want the subtleness.

Mayan Apocalypse, where do I start, smoky peppers and chocolate! Ordered twice, second order I got it with extra chili, it's good but it's more smoked jalepeno than chili flavor. Still great in my book and a must try for pepper lovers.

Blade Runner, ordered the sample a long time ago, then ordered a big bottle. Fail safe vape to have around in my book, always tastes great with the vanilla/mint combo.

Had a bunch more, but those are the main ones that spark my imagination. I have more on the way that should be here today or tomorrow, including the new one Gollum...can't wait.

Update, just tired Gollum and it's amazing. Definitely has a rasiny taste, maybe some honey too. If you've ever had a Belgian quad ale, this is it in the vaping world. Fantastic.

3. tpoulton

tpoulton Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Mocha Java Smooth - 50/50 12mg Nice throat hit and way good coffee flavor with a hint of dark chocolate taste.

Tuscan Cocoa - Dido except a little more kick in the throat.

Georgia Peach Tobacco - Awesome peach flavor with just a hint of tobacco. A little weak on the throat hit though at 50/50 12mg. Still love it anyway.

Vanilla Dream - Not getting much satisfaction out of this one. Jury is still out.

All of them are 50/50 12mg.

4. tpoulton

tpoulton Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Also, these ejuices defiantly benefit by steeping a couple weeks. Like a fine wine, they surprise you with ageing. At first try I didn't get that much out of the Java Smooth or Tuscan but after a couple weeks man you better not come near my bottles or you'll be hurtin!!!

5. luvinit

luvinit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just Peachy... that's exactly what it is, just peach.. fresh, clean, juicy peach. An all-dayer for me.

Cinful Pear.. again, just that. Warm baked pear with a hint of cinnamon. Yummy!!

The only one, (and I've tried many) that I don't care for is the Mayan. Chocolate and chili don't do it for me. HHV is my go-to juice vendor. For sweets, for fruits and for tobaccos... ok, for EVERYTHING!

6. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Ok this was a big sampling week.

Dragons breath- absolutely wonderful kiwi/melon flavor. Reminds me of honeydew melon. Very strong in your face flavor. Wonderful.

Vanilla dream- vanilla creme icing. That's what I get. Strong vanilla flavor. Great to add to mocha java or anything you want some vanilla flavor in.

Gollum- raisin/plum tobacco. Another nice strong in your face flavor. Almost comes across as blueberry flavored to me. The tobacco seems a bit more robust than the other tobaccos in the purity line. Will be in my top 5.

Shadowfax- very mild almost Bavarian creaminess to this one in the HHV tobacco base. Nice flavor but it is mild.

Caramel apple tobacco- I get mostly fresh green apple with a bit of caramel/tobacco. Not green apple candy flavored but fresh apples. Quite addictive flavor.

Heavenly waffles- I got mine with blueberries, pecans and extra cream. The waffle is the dominant flavor with undertones of maple syrup and blueberries. I'm not tasting any pecan but it may be lost in that waffle flavor. Wonderful flavor though. I prefer this blueberry flavor juice over the bbmuffin.

BBmuffin- quite strong with fresh blueberries and a nice warm muffin taste on the exhale. First few days the bb was almost too strong for me but it has tamed down now after about 5 days.

7. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Basically just wanting to get a review on every HHV juice available. I see a lot of ppl asking have you tried this, or this. Figured with this thread we can cover all of them.

8. Craftypepper

Craftypepper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Birmingham, AL
    Mocha Java Smooth - Tastes like awesome fresh coffee with mocha and caramel. Sometimes I almost taste a butter rum note. This is my #1. Very smooth and not too strong. Mildly sweet. Just ordered my 2nd 30ml. This is a very calming/soothing vape.

Blueberry Muffin - This is an incredibly true to life flavor. Fresh blueberries and an awesome muffin flavor with maybe some cinnamon? I like it, but it's a little strong for me and I'm not wild about blueberries. Moderately sweet.

Cinful Pear - Fresh pears with bakery cinnamon...exactly what the description says. Great for fall. Mildly sweet.

Caramel Apple Tobacco - Tart apples with caramel and a tobacco base. Not wild about it simply because I'm not into tobacco juices anymore. But the flavors are all very true to life and tasty. Apple stands out the most, with tobacco and caramel after it. I think I'll try Carnival for something similar but without the tobacco note. Not detecting much or any sweetness.

9. hoodwinkz

hoodwinkz Full Member

Oct 1, 2012
    los angeles
    I Just made my first order with HHV. Blueberry Muffin and Mocha Java Smooth, both 50/50.

Inititally, I was thinking about ordering a sample pack, but I vape 18mg nicotine and the samples only come in 12mg. Anyhow, I'm pretty stoked to try them. Thanks for the comments here, very informative.

10. jonbkk

jonbkk Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Bangkok
    Here's my notes on some of the samples I ordered a few weeks ago:

Crackberry – Ripe juicy blackberry – Good fruit vape, clean and refreshing. 3.5/5 Wouldn’t order 30ml as it’s not an all dayer for me.
    Just Peachy – Sweet and juicy peach – Very nice peach, it’s sweet and yummy. 4.5/5 Semi all-day vape. I would order 30ml if I don’t order too much other juices.
    Georgia Peach Tobacco – Peach and a light hint of tobacco – Awesome! All dayer 5/5
    Monkey Mango – ripe mango – ehh 3/5
    Parrothead –Key lime pie filling, no crust – Just like it says…tastes very nice but not sure if it’s an all dayer for me. try again later 4/5
    Bleeding Heart- Strawberries and cream – I don’t taste it… 2/5
    DD Watermelon – Yum like a candy watermelon or just a sweet one. 4.5/5
    Pirates Booty - Chocolate tobacco – very nice vape but a bit light? 4/5
    Atomicgrasshopper – Mint Chocolate Chip Icecream – More chocolate and mint than Pirates Booty – not sure which I like better try again later 4.5/5

My regulars from HHV are Blueberry Muffin and Cinful Pear both are awesome and would give 4.5/5 sometimes a 5 if i'm feeling it.

Normal for me is 18mg 50/50

11. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    I was doing a search for Caramel Apple Tobacco, which I ordered today and found this thread. Now THIS thread is informative, so I thought I'd give it a bump. All reviews at 30/70 PG/VG and 12mg. Always steep at least two weeks. I personally prefer sweet vapes.

Atomic Grasshopper- My Vote Juice of the Year. It is what it says it is- true Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream flavor.
    Vanilla Dream- Another winner.Great sweet Vanilla flavor.
    Tuscan Cocoa- Remember the chocolate drink your Momma made for you with milk ? This is it.
    Powder Keg- described as 'Almond Joy', more like Mounds (no almonds). Still very good, Chocolate and Coconut blend together.
    Blade Runner- Outstanding. Truly wonderful blend of Vanilla and mint. Peppermint Patty candy bar in a vape.
    Bleeding Heart- Subtle, sweet creamy strawberry flavor. Good mild taste.
    Smurfette- Like Bleeding Heart, only blueberry instead of strawberry. Subtle sweet taste.
    Shadowfax- Incredible. Mild tobacco blended well with vanilla. Have and will reorder.
    GA Peach Tobacco- I liked it. My allergies did not (AT ALL). Gave this and an old standard 650 eGo to a friend who's been asking about vaping. Now he's stalking the mailman for his own order.
    Gandalf- Elusive and Intriging. Good vape, but I'd rather have Shadowfax.
    Heavenly Tobacco.- Truly enjoyable Tobacco/ Caramel flavor. a close second to Shadowfax.
    Pirates Booty- Meh. Didn't do it for me. Will slowly work in and out of my rotation.

With the exeption of Pirates Booty, all of Heather's E-Liquids are reorders in my mind. I find myself less interested in exploring 'new' vendors and returning to HHV for the best vapes I've found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.