All Home made Try??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
or heck, we can make a small box mod for something like this with a rechargable 9v :)

You know what, we'll never know if the flat toaster stuff would work unless we tried it right? I took my toaster out of the cupboard, and as it was unplugged a touched those nichrome foil thingies...they are thin as heck...I mean, if you got build up on them, you might be able to just heat them up and flick them a bit! It would cause the build up to break right off right? I mean, toasters work for years of abuse (and I really abuse mine, I forget to clean them out, I use them every day a couple of times...mmmm...toast). And the ones on the inside of the unit get even less hot. I don't know, seems like it might be fun to try. Granted, I don't know things about resistance and stuff, but I could just cut a piece out and clip it on to something and give her a try! How to implement a wick though, that I don't know. It would be interesting to do this large scale to see if it would work, and then shrink it down. OK, so what temp are we aiming at? Gotta make sure somethign doesn't get too hot for vg, as I use that...what temp F would I be aiming for?

My husband might hit me upside the head with my broken toaster if I do this! ROFLMAO.

Have semi-tested some toaster wire. It takes a length of about 10cm to get about 3.5 ohms. But the 3W of power would be spread over a metal capacity much greater in length and also (most significantly) in cross-section; it just doesn't get anyhere near hot enough. And the 'coil' would be huge anyway!

Give us some time.... we are working really hard on an atomizer/cartridge, and the atty will be an inexpensive one....

And we will provide the proper pieces for mods.

Our goal is to make a cartridge that can hold between 1.5ml to 2ml of juice (because we want to keep about the same size cartridge) and the atty you would be able to take it out to clean/change it.

Give us a little more time and ...... cross your fingers!;)

I think current atomizers work well; the problem is deposits; hence the real problem is the juices.

But designing a better/different atomiser is a fascinating undertaking :)

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
Sounds great ccure! If you want the cartrige to hold 2ml of e-liquid will you be using a direct drip method or stick to wicking?

We have 3 different designs of cartridges now, but 2 of them are really complicates or hard to build. The first one will use a filling material similar to the Vapor King filler material. In fact we are doing some research about that issue right now with paper filters that can stand up to 150 Celsius when dry.

The other 2 models do not use filler material, just the juice, but to build a prototype of them is very expensive and we do require specialized machinery. We have been talking with some companies that have the proper machinery and we may reach an agreement.

But perfection is not easily and some times the perfection is not the best way. Some time Functionality is better than perfection.

We know that a lot of people likes dripping better than filler material, but if we succeed, I think a lot of people will try/switch to our design.

I do not want to give more details about our work, because if we do not succeed in it, I do not want to disappoint anyone! Sorry!:rolleyes:

SeaNap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Atlanta
From everything I have read about failing atomizers, (ignoring user error from to much voltage) it sounds like it has to do with the liquid coming into direct contact with the element, which can leave char on the wick and leave gunky residue on the element itself increasing the resistance.

I am planning on building a prototype but, i have little experiance w/ the actual constuction aspect of the project (My focus is electrical) so Im trying to pin down a solid idea before asking some of my buddies to help form or machine anything.

combovan

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
florida USA
Moi? Paranoid? Nah, I can barely keep from e-mailing my congress people when I'm drunk. Now, THAT'S when the black helos could be a prob. I need a breath interlock on my internet upload connection.

Me too but it has more to do with internet poker ....im sober and lots of chips ...wake with a hangover and no chips ...kinda funny the way that works

bzlytbeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Monee, IL (near Chicago)
We have 3 different designs of cartridges now, but 2 of them are really complicates or hard to build. The first one will use a filling material similar to the Vapor King filler material. In fact we are doing some research about that issue right now with paper filters that can stand up to 150 Celsius when dry.

The other 2 models do not use filler material, just the juice, but to build a prototype of them is very expensive and we do require specialized machinery. We have been talking with some companies that have the proper machinery and we may reach an agreement.

But perfection is not easily and some times the perfection is not the best way. Some time Functionality is better than perfection.

We know that a lot of people likes dripping better than filler material, but if we succeed, I think a lot of people will try/switch to our design.

I do not want to give more details about our work, because if we do not succeed in it, I do not want to disappoint anyone! Sorry!:rolleyes:

I had a discussion with another forum member about those carts. He found it to be a type of test paper. If I can find the thread, I will pass it on to you. The only issue I found with that stuff is that the more you refill them, the more absorbent they become, and tend to hold more liquid than they release.

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
I had a discussion with another forum member about those carts. He found it to be a type of test paper. If I can find the thread, I will pass it on to you. The only issue I found with that stuff is that the more you refill them, the more absorbent they become, and tend to hold more liquid than they release.

Bzlytbeer:

Thank you!

We are doing test now with fiberglass membranes. They can resist up to 550° C without burning. They are a bit expensive, but if the membrane can be used for a lot of time, the cost will not be an issue.

Bzlytbeer:

Thank you!

We are doing test now with fiberglass membranes. They can resist up to 550° C without burning. They are a bit expensive, but if the membrane can be used for a lot of time, the cost will not be an issue.

This sounds interesting. It is used just to close the liquid in the cart?

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
This sounds interesting. It is used just to close the liquid in the cart?

Yes, as a filler material. You can google them, There are some providers in the USA. In fact there is none here in Colombia. This membranes are used in pharma laboratories to filter particles and so.

abudman

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Omaha, NE USA
Ok Just to put it out there I am going ti try to make my own e-cig not a mod frome the ground up will post it all asap. Here gose nothing Haha

Why is this thread even still open? It's laughable to say the least, someone comes on, makes his first and only post that he's going to make his own PV almost 2 months ago....

WOW :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Montana Brat

Moved On
Jun 4, 2009
Montana
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: inappropriate post

Montana Brat

Moved On
Jun 4, 2009
Montana
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: inappropriate remark

Montana Brat

Moved On
Jun 4, 2009
Montana
  • Deleted by Sun Vaporer
  • Reason: inappropriate remark

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
Your success will greatly depend on your mechanical and electrical knowledge.

Good luck;

Please update your profile with your location. It will greatly help if you need assistance.
well said jim, modding is easy if you have a basic knowledge. we have some great mod makers on this forum, not sure of your skillz :D, but we are one big family in the mod fourm, dont be afraid to ask questions. good luck, please show your work lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread