All in One Vape Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a box style AIO system to take on my upcoming cruise. There are SO many and I'm becoming a bit overwhelmed looking at all of them. Hopefully someone has one similar to what I'm describing below and can let me know what it is. What I'm looking for is as follows:

1) No salt nic
2) Able to use 70 PG/30 VG (1.5 MG nicotine)
3) A decent battery life (at least 7 - 8 hours with a modest amount of vaping)
4) Pre-made coils only
5) MUST have a decent throat hit
6) Direct lung hit

I was eyeballing the smok PRIV One, but I've read a lot of stuff on here about smok being iffy. I welcome all suggestions!

As always, thank you all for any help you can offer.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Are you really looking for a pod system? Or did you put your inquiry into the wrong sub-forum. I don't believe you'll find a DTL pod system, but I could be mistaken. All of the pod systems are MTL.

If indeed you are looking for a pod system that allows you to add your own e-liquid, reading this thread may help narrow the choices:
Which pod systems allow you to add your own e-liquid?

I'd suggest just about anything else over a SMOK product if you're looking for something that should last over a year. Having worked in the retail end of the industry in the recent past, you'll never see me recommend any SMOK product. Smok

About your criteria of choice...the below answers relate more to a non-pod system.

1. No nic salts is easy enough to accomplish if you use any "open" system that allows you to add your own e-liquid of choice.

2. Relates to #1 above. You can put your e-liquid of choice into any open system.

3. You should be able to get 7 - 8 hours battery life with any 1200 mAh or higher battery. Depending upon the coil resistance you will use, wattage power of the battery device may be be more of a priority than mAh. In general, the higher wattage battery devices have more than plenty mAh battery life.

4. Basically, any clearomizer tank will accept premade coils.

5. Throat hit is the product of the nicotine concentration of the e-liquid. Pg has a minor contribution to the throat hit. You may need to increase the nic concentration of your e-liquid from just 1.5 mg to something higher to get enough throat hit. I wouldn't depend upon a high Pg ratio to make up the difference in throat hit.

6. There are more DTL clearomizer tanks on the market than MTL. Nearly all of the sub-ohm clearomizers are DTL. To perform adequately, using a sub-ohm tank requires a minimum of wattage power from the battery device. Generally speaking, a 75 watt regulated mod will be able to fire most sub-ohm coils. Coils will have a recommended wattage range displayed on the coil itself, or on the product description page. Just make sure that your battery device can supply the recommended power (watts) for the coils you use.

This blog may help you narrow down your search: Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
https://www.elementvape.com/eleaf-ijust-x-all-in-one-kit

Something like this?

I don’t do pods or AIOs. I really don’t see the benefits of AIO over small starter kits, really, for the money the starter kits have more going for them, and a bit more selection. But I would point you toward eleaf in general
, or vaporesso. I have some of each, no problem with them.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Although I like the recommendation of the Zenith tank for a MTL vaper, the OP says she wants to use a device that has a DTL draw.
Not sure you’ll get 8 hrs, or ever 4 out of a 1200ma battery on DL. I’d go for the biggest you can find which should be about 3000, and hope it’s enough.

Are you really looking for a pod system? Or did you put your inquiry into the wrong sub-forum. I don't believe you'll find a DTL pod system, but I could be mistaken. All of the pod systems are MTL.

If indeed you are looking for a pod system that allows you to add your own e-liquid, reading this thread may help narrow the choices:
Which pod systems allow you to add your own e-liquid?

I'd suggest just about anything else over a SMOK product if you're looking for something that should last over a year. Having worked in the retail end of the industry in the recent past, you'll never see me recommend any SMOK product. Smok

About your criteria of choice...the below answers relate more to a non-pod system.

1. No nic salts is easy enough to accomplish if you use any "open" system that allows you to add your own e-liquid of choice.

2. Relates to #1 above. You can put your e-liquid of choice into any open system.

3. You should be able to get 7 - 8 hours battery life with any 1200 mAh or higher battery. Depending upon the coil resistance you will use, wattage power of the battery device may be be more of a priority than mAh. In general, the higher wattage battery devices have more than plenty mAh battery life.

4. Basically, any clearomizer tank will accept premade coils.

5. Throat hit is the product of the nicotine concentration of the e-liquid. Pg has a minor contribution to the throat hit. You may need to increase the nic concentration of your e-liquid from just 1.5 mg to something higher. I wouldn't depend upon a high Pg ratio to make up the difference in throat hit.

6. There are more DTL clearomizer tanks on the market than MTL. Nearly all of the sub-ohm clearomizers are DTL. To perform adequately, using a sub-ohm tank requires a minimum of wattage power from the battery device. Generally speaking, a 75 watt regulated mod will be able to fire most sub-ohm coils. Coils will have a recommended wattage range displayed on the coil itself, or on the product description page. Just make sure that your battery device can supply the recommended power (watts) for the coils you use.

This blog may help you narrow down your search: Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

I do believe I posted in the wrong area, but you answered many of my questions. Thank you so much.

Eleaf iJust X All-In-One Kit | 7mL 3000mAh I

Something like this?

I don’t do pods or AIOs. I really don’t see the benefits of AIO over small starter kits, really, for the money the starter kits have more going for them, and a bit more selection. But I would point you toward eleaf in general
, or vaporesso. I have some of each, no problem with them.

I don't normally even consider these types of setups. I just want something easy and NOT glass that I can throw in my bag and go. I appreciate your help.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I do believe I posted in the wrong area, but you answered many of my questions. Thank you so much.
Don’ worry about it. If the mods think it’s in the wrong area they’ll move it. As for DL Pod mods they do exist. The dolphin and panda come to mind. They’re no smaller than a starter kit though, have issues with coil priming and just generally aren’t as useful. In you position I would seriously consider two mods if you can. A pair of target nanos maybe. It violates the one mod policy though. Another thought is a dual battery 18640 mod and charge it off USB. This can cause issues due to the notoriously miserable reliability of microUSB2. My solution has been to use a magnetic breakaway charging cable and leave the adapter in the device. This dramatically reduces insertion count which is the bugbear of microUSB2

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
My solution has been to use a magnetic breakaway charging cable and leave the adapter in the device. This dramatically reduces insertion count which is the bugbear of microUSB2

Which magnetic breakaway cable do you recommend? A couple months ago, I had been looking at them and saw a lot of mixed reviews. Sounds perfect for me if I can find one that is reliable. I hate micro USB and love the mag safe connector on Apple laptops --essential for anyone owning 120 lb dogs! ;)

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think most feedback on the Aspire Breeze 2 has been fairly positive. I am pretty sure it has a 0.2 or a 0.3 coil option? Whether that makes it more DL oriented in general is hard to say, though but it might be somewhat closer to what you are looking for. I'm afraid I've only tried a couple pod mods so I'm not exactly a font of information on them, but there are a few threads in the pod mod section you'd probably get some good information on if you are looking for real world feedback, etc.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Which magnetic breakaway cable do you recommend? A couple months ago, I had been looking at them and saw a lot of mixed reviews. Sounds perfect for me if I can find one that is reliable. I hate micro USB and love the mag safe connector on Apple laptops --essential for anyone owning 120 lb dogs! ;)
There are two I know of from fasttech. I tried them both. One is a rectangular 4 pin, the other is a round 2 pin. They both work. On the whole I’d say the two pin is marginally better but is power only. Both of them do well with silicone cases. Both of them protrude a little more than I’d like, which makes silicone cases quite helpful since they take up the slop. The round one may require some carving on the case but that is very easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread