What vape pod systems have a cooler vape?

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Hello, I'm looking for pod systems that have a cooler vape. I was surprised how warm things like the Caliburn and some other systems vape. I feel like I'm inhaling hot steam, feels weird and off putting, and use up so much more juice than I was hoping to buy. I heard the original Caliburn may* vape cooler then the A2 and A3, but I only just began looking at things available online after some years so I'm completely out of touch with all the devices that have been available for some time. For comparison, for the past 4 years I've only used the Vuse system. It's not great and the juice is terrible and insanely overpriced, but it's definitely not warm. Before that I usually used 1.5omh coils at low wattage but prefer the pods with high nic salt.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Innokin MVP Pod system set on its low level. Nice cool vape. I still dropped my salt nic from 50mg to 20mg, since the hit is much more powerful than a Juul. A Juul runs at 6 watts and the MVP pod on low is 10 watts. I believe the Vuse is also a 6 watt device. Also, give Black Note ejuce a look. They do a nic salt ejuice called Special Blend. The first NET I've ever found that doesn't gunk up the coils. I've run a 30ml bottle through an MVP pod and it still looks clear and works fine. The advantage of a NET is no chemical taste, just tastes like tobacco. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Innokin MVP Pod system set on its low level. Nice cool vape. I still dropped my salt nic from 50mg to 20mg, since the hit is much more powerful than a Juul. A Juul runs at 6 watts and the MVP pod on low is 10 watts. I believe the Vuse is also a 6 watt device. Also, give Black Label ejuce a look. They do a nic salt ejuice called Special Blend. The first NET I've ever found that doesn't gunk up the coils. I've run a 30ml bottle through an MVP pod and it still looks clear and works fine. The advantage of a NET is no chemical taste, just tastes like tobacco. Good Luck!
Thank you very much, Ill check those out. I also noticed 50mg is too much on other devises. For the Black Label Special Blend, all that comes up is Black Note?

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Thank you very much, Ill check those out. I also noticed 50mg is too much on other devises. For the Black Label Special Blend, all that comes up is Black Note?
I can't believe I didn't name them correctly, I'm a dope. - I corrected my post.
It's Blcak Note ejuice......... E-juice
Sorry!

• Haha
Reactions: dansus

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Black Note is the good stuff, been around a long time too.

If the A2 isn't cool enough for you, which coils were you using, there is a 0.9 and 1.2 ohm pods to choose from. The G2 offers 1.0 and 1.2 ohm coils.

XLIM Pro has adjustable wattage, but doubt it will be any cooler. Maybe the Joyetech Widewick Air will suit.
Spec wise most pod systems look pretty similar. The only difference in the coil is a .2ohm difference for the caliburn a3 vs the Joyetech,(I am using the 1 ohm coil) I don't know the wattage on the Joytech Widewick Air but what is it that makes the vapor so warm on pod systems? People tend to prefer it, but I've never experienced that with older devices, and it triggers asthma for me. I'm kinda confused, why would this vape cooler?

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Spec wise most pod systems look pretty similar. The only difference in the coil is a .2ohm difference for the caliburn a3 vs the Joyetech,(I am using the 1 ohm coil) I don't know the wattage on the Joytech Widewick Air but what is it that makes the vapor so warm on pod systems? People tend to prefer it, but I've never experienced that with older devices, and it triggers asthma for me. I'm kinda confused, why would this vape cooler?
    The small chamber and efficient coils that ramp up quickly maybe. Lots of variables.

Cant remember why i recommended the Joytech now, but worth a go. If not, maybe look for one that uses FEELM tech, it has a wire embedded into a porous ceramic block, i seem to remember it being quite cool last time i tried it.

• Useful
    Reactions: Izan

Zelphie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 29, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    The small chamber and efficient coils that ramp up quickly maybe. Lots of variables.

Cant remember why i recommended the Joytech now, but worth a go. If not, maybe look for one that uses FEELM tech, it has a wire embedded into a porous ceramic block, i seem to remember it being quite cool last time i tried it.
    Interesting, I've never heard of FEELM tech, can you provide a link to a devise to check out? I wonder if the uwell caravet might be more neutral in temp, IDK The Joytech Widewick Air looks pretty similar too.

This is ironic I had to add that when I looked it up I found that the Vuse uses that technology and that's what I was previously using for years, so no wonder why I'm searching for it again. Only problem is I switched due to the price.

Last edited:
    Reactions: dansus

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2011
    Rhode Island
    I gave the widewick air a try. It does vape cool and the device works really well.
    Not a bad device, but didn't make my cut, purely for aesthetic reasons.
    I don't care for any of the colors offered and it looks cheaply made - reminded me too much of a disposable vape. I know, silly reason not to like it, but there you go.....

Zelphie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 29, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    Interesting, I've never heard of FEELM tech, can you provide a link to a devise to check out? I wonder if the uwell caravet might be more neutral in temp, IDK

Interesting, I've never heard of FEELM tech, can you provide a link to a devise to check out? I wonder if the uwell caravet might be more neutral in temp, IDK

This is ironic I had to add that when I looked it up I found that the Vuse uses that technology and that's what I was previously using for years, so no wonder why I'm searching for it again. Only problem is I switched due to the price.

I gave the widewick air a try. It does vape cool and the device works really well.
    Not a bad device, but didn't make my cut, purely for aesthetic reasons.
    I don't care for any of the colors offered and it looks cheaply made - reminded me too much of a disposable vape. I know, silly reason not to like it, but there you go.....
    Its super cheap to try out so I don't see why not, thank you.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    I’ve never understood the appeal of pod systems myself. They cost less right now, but more later, and they keep on doing it. By the time you have to replace the base it’s already cost 4 times what a tank system would cost and more than that for a rebuildable. Victimizing the poor is basically what they do. This is why they teach amortization math in school. So as not to fall into a trap like that.

Reactions: Coyote628

Users who are viewing this thread