All new: The Precise Simplicity 14500 from Super-T Manufacturing Inc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've come up with conflicting results on trying to find the C rating of the AW IMR 14500's. Some sources say 8C, while others say less. I'm just looking to find this out so I don't end up venting my batts with a sub ohm coil.

No worries, i've pushed them to 10amps Continuous on my load tester. Don't last long at 10amps continuous load, but no problems, and the temps didn't rise over 100F.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Question.... are you not dry burning your coils to clean them? I have an old HH sitting here that's probably over a year old.

I did try it in the past, but its not good for them, so no.... ... I consider myself a professional direct dripper as its the only way Ive liked to vape for the last 3 3/4 years.. The best way I have found to keep attys clean and working at peak peformance is to blow them clear once or twice a day-after blowing clear give them a quick 2 second fire(no glowing coil) and then redrip with 3-4 drops....With a HH atty Hanna recommends you blow from the threaded end only... I run one atty at a time until I replace it.. On my mechanical Shockwave I run a LR 1.5 ohm HH, it only gets used at my desk for an hour or so. My daily carry when I leave the house is a Provari, voltage set so it gives a 10 watt vape... I adjust voltage as the attys resistance drops with age so I stay at a 10 watt vape--My sweet spot... Provairs voltage remains constant so attys are pushed hard all the time.. I use 3.0 ohms for VV mods... Every HH I have owned starts at 3.0 ohms but after 2 weeks or so settles at 2.2 -2.3 ohms... I have tried to milk out HHs for several months...but the flavor was gone and the performance sufferes when compared to a fresh one...
And no amount of soaking ect. can bring an old coil back to its original performance, its just a waste of time in my opinion..
Replace your attys people-dont be a cheap-you will be only cheating yourself out of the best vape possible... Its a coil after all and doesnt last forever... How long do you RBA coil builders use a coil for anyway? I bet no more than a month..
I vape only 100%VG unflavored 30mg(yes it has a taste-VG and nicotine)...I do get the custom HHs setup for VG but its still hard on them when compared to high PG...
Really looking forward to my ELA ... I have a Kick and a crown awaitng its arival... plus going to order one of those:evil: "Nach Special Sub ohm 0.8 coils" :evil:so I can run it straight...:)

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I did try it in the past, but its not good for them, so no.... ... I consider myself a professional direct dripper as its the only way Ive liked to vape for the last 3 3/4 years.. The best way I have found to keep attys clean and working at peak peformance is to blow them clear once or twice a day-after blowing clear give them a quick 2 second fire(no glowing coil) and then redrip with 3-4 drops....With a HH atty Hanna recommends you blow from the threaded end only... I run one atty at a time until I replace it.. On my mechanical Shockwave I run a LR 1.5 ohm HH, it only gets used at my desk for an hour or so. My daily carry when I leave the house is a Provari, voltage set so it gives a 10 watt vape... I adjust voltage as the attys resistance drops with age so I stay at a 10 watt vape--My sweet spot... Provairs voltage remains constant so attys are pushed hard all the time.. I use 3.0 ohms for VV mods... Every HH I have owned starts at 3.0 ohms but after 2 weeks or so settles at 2.2 -2.3 ohms... I have tried to milk out HHs for several months...but the flavor was gone and the performance sufferes when compared to a fresh one...
And no amount of soaking ect. can bring an old coil back to its original performance, its just a waste of time in my opinion..
Replace your attys people-dont be a cheap-you will be only cheating yourself out of the best vape possible... Its a coil after all and doesnt last forever... How long do you RBA coil builders use a coil for anyway? I bet no more than a month..
I vape only 100%VG unflavored 30mg(yes it has a taste-VG and nicotine)...I do get the custom HHs setup for VG but its still hard on them when compared to high PG...
Really looking forward to my ELA ... I have a Kick and a crown awaitng its arival... plus going to order one of those:evil: "Nach Special Sub ohm 0.8 coils" :evil:so I can run it straight...:)
All's I know is dry burning (rinsing with water, soaking up the excess water with a paper towel, then burning til red and glowy for a nice long time) works excellently for cleaning my silica wick rebuildable drippers. Fresh as a daisy. Coils and wick last me a good two weeks easy, more if I don't get queasy thinking about it.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
You guys are getting them already? I haven't received any shipping notice or tracking yet... ordered just after midnight on the 4th est.
Checkout Completed

Order Number: 15971 Quantity Name SKU Each Total 1 Precise Simplicity (14500) $99.99 $99.99 Subtotal

what were your order numbers?

We sent you an email regarding your shipment, did you get it? If not, maybe we have the wrong email, send us a new one at supertmanufacturing@yahoo.com

Freckle

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Mississippi
Just for giggles, really out of curiosity! I stuck the immortalizer on the simplicity 14500, with a little work it fits! So does the fatty! Very good news!

Edit::

Here it is with the fatty and res tank. I believe the fatty just found itself a new home!

S6302776_zps5a36eb2f.jpg

Last edited:

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
Ahh, that's great! My coils only pull 4.6-4.8A so that's all I'm really looking for! :)

No worries, i've pushed them to 10amps Continuous on my load tester. Don't last long at 10amps continuous load, but no problems, and the temps didn't rise over 100F.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
All's I know is dry burning (rinsing with water, soaking up the excess water with a paper towel, then burning til red and glowy for a nice long time) works excellently for cleaning my silica wick rebuildable drippers. Fresh as a daisy. Coils and wick last me a good two weeks easy, more if I don't get queasy thinking about it.

When I would dry burn them with glowing coil yes it would clean them but when I checked the atomizer ohm resistance it would be lowered by 0.2- 0.3 ohms.... thats why I stoped doing it... Snork you say you get 2 weeks out of RBA coil...sounds about right...So why do some people think that a HH357 coil would be that much different and last for months and months...? I know its because at $25 a piece thay want to sqeeze evey penny out of it before they trash it, even though their vape is suffering when compared to a new HH357 atty. Like I said 3-4 weeks is what I expect from one...yes I throw then out when they are still working...Your car may still run wuth dirty fuel injetors, but not like it should! Its like vaping with a worn out(old) coil...

Last edited:

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
I don't know man... if you're about to throw away a $25 atty, why not dry burn it and try it out lol? I think the only drawback to the HH is that tiny piece of wick inside the coil, if only you could easily replace that little piece after dry burning, it would be perfect. I've dry burned this HH357 here many many times (also pulled out that wick) and it vapes just fine. Its that piece of wick that gets nasty, not the coil.

In other news... on my genesis atties, a wick lasts me 5-6 months, and my coils last me around 5 weeks. When I do the math and compare my results with yours... Nach is winning! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread