All time favorite box mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a few. I very recently won an innokin iTaste MVP in a free raffle drawing. I like very much it's form factor. Doesn't look like an APV; not sure what it looks like...garage door remote? :laugh: The fire button can be difficult to find as it is flat with the rest of the body, and I find that somehow I keep turning it off accidentally with multiple presses in an attempt to fire it up. Surprised that this doesn't have a built-in atomizer meter.

The two iClear clearomizers that came with the kit work impressively, but I am unable to get my cartotanks to fire either with or without the beauty ring adaptor. I suspect the center pin is not long enough to make adequate electrical contact with the 510 connection on the cartomizer. I thought about taking a needle nose plier to slightly pull the center pin out. However, I'm planning on giving this to a new vapor that will be using clearomizers exclusively with the MVP, so I don't want to mess that up.

_____

I am really enjoying my Vapage VMod-XL, my first bottom feeder. I got it for just $60 during a sale, and spent extra to get one of the custom shells. Below is a pic of it with the faux burrel wood shell and a Sagewood Glass drip tip. I'm getting nearly 2 days on the 18650 battery and 3 days on the 9 ml juice tank. I'm still using the atomizer that came with the VMod two months ago.

_____

My other box mods are of the Gripper form factor. A mechanical Gripper ($16) from Got Vapes with an 18350 battery is nice for stealth vaping at the cinema. A Smoktech VV Gripper from Mad Vapes with an 18650 IMR battery. And a Segelei V8 with two 18350 IMR batteries from Discount Vapors.

gripper.jpg

Last edited:

metrabolic

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Chandler, AZ
I just got the mvp a few weeks ago. Love it! I think I've had to charge it 2 times since getting it. I don't really carry it with me, but love it on the couch. Works great with my protank.

Wish it checked ohms but I have a device that does that, and I pretty much know what ohms my tanks and things are already.

Over all great mod.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Mpv.jpg
Someone saw this, and asked if I was on breathing treatments lol.
Baditude, you need to slum up your mpv. Cheap plastic eGo tanks with a smoktech dc 2.5 carto work like a champ lol.
I am not sure what I am looking for. It needs to be a solid quality design, even exquisite wouldn't be out of the question. This person will most likely rebuild stuff as well. Details about features are most welcome :) yay this post might actually go through!

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
If I was going to get a box mod, I would totally get the Reo or the Vapage Vmod. It is like you are dripping all of time without the mess. Plus they seem like you can take them out with you and not have to worry about: A. Running out of juice B. Running out of power.

I have an MVP and I do use it regularly. I picked one up back when I was still using ego batteries. I like the battery life and I like the VV. However, for being a mod, it lacks the features of something like the Vamo or SVD. I bought it before I started to use removeable batteries, which seemed scary to me at the time.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Been vaping on this for a year or more.......
White Variable Volt Box Mod Kit
only the black version.

Simple dial. Counter-clockwise = cooler. Clockwise = hotter. I put 1 small dot on it for a reference point above and beyond the flat spot.
The POT actually held up better than I thought it would. I use a different, bigger and stronger button.

Meh. $18.00 for a vv box mod. And the 2 protected 14500's last a day and a half.

Simple. Swappable batteries. Small. Fits in pocket. Inexpensive.

I expect I'll have to repair it someday and replace the voltage regulator... He sells em for $1.69.
NCP630A 3 Amp Adjustable Regulator
I should stock up.

:)

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I have a few. I very recently won an Innokin iTaste MVP in a free raffle drawing. I like very much it's form factor. Doesn't look like an APV; not sure what it looks like...garage door remote? :laugh: The fire button can be difficult to find as it is flat with the rest of the body, and I find that somehow I keep turning it off accidentally with multiple presses in an attempt to fire it up. Surprised that this doesn't have a built-in atomizer meter.

The two iClear clearomizers that came with the kit work impressively, but I am unable to get my cartotanks to fire either with or without the beauty ring adaptor. I suspect the center pin is not long enough to make adequate electrical contact with the 510 connection on the cartomizer. I thought about taking a needle nose plier to slightly pull the center pin out. However, I'm planning on giving this to a new vapor that will be using clearomizers exclusively with the MVP, so I don't want to mess that up.

_____

I am really enjoying my Vapage VMod-XL, my first bottom feeder. I got it for just $60 during a sale, and spent extra to get one of the custom shells. Below is a pic of it with the faux burrel wood shell and a Sagewood Glass drip tip. I'm getting nearly 2 days on the 18650 battery and 3 days on the 9 ml juice tank. I'm still using the atomizer that came with the VMod two months ago.

_____

My other box mods are of the Gripper form factor. A mechanical Gripper ($16) from Got Vapes with an 18350 battery is nice for stealth vaping at the cinema. A Smoktech VV Gripper from Mad Vapes with an 18650 IMR battery. And a Segelei V8 with two 18350 IMR batteries from Discount Vapors.

View attachment 236239

A flanged carto with an 19mm IBTanked on an MVP will work. That is what my husband has, and no issues whatsoever. Knowing that we have similar tanks, I think the flange is the difference here. I use it now and again and really like it, but not sure if I would buy one for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread