allergic reaction by a none vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrel Bernard

Dec 25, 2017
Rothsay Mn
I have a question. I have been vaping for almost 2 years now. And I am a truck driver. Let me say i have had no issues with vaping. But it seems like my wife may have. She does not vape and i do not vape in her general vicinity. I do all my vaping in the basement where i hang out. But it seems when i get home she gets sinus problems and a fever. And then it goes away when i leave. Has anyone else experienced this with their significant other who does not vape.

Darrel Bernard

Dec 25, 2017
Rothsay Mn
Hi Darrel. Welcome to the ECF.

While it is Rare, I have read about similar things like what your Wife is experiencing. A Sure Fire way to Fix this is to get a New Wife.

If that is Not an Option, then I would try Changing Flavors. Or trying Unflavored and see if things Improve.
HAHAHAHAHA Yea changing the wife option is out. And the flavor thing might be also. I mix my own from a website I use honeysuckle and French vanilla with a dash of orange and a 50/50 pg vg blend.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
HAHAHAHAHA Yea changing the wife option is out. And the flavor thing might be also. I mix my own from a website I use honeysuckle and French vanilla with a dash of orange and a 50/50 pg vg blend.

Just thought I'd throw Out There.

;)

I'd try going down the Unflavored route. At least that way you could tell if it was the Flavoring/Smell that is Triggering the Problems.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If switching out the wife isn't an option, there are other options. I don't know where you live, but you could vape outside? You could put in a filtration system down in your lair (heh, we live in Tucson, the land of no basements, my husband misses his "lair) and see if that helped at all.... With something to recirculate the air directly outside, if that's feasible.

Or, indeed, you could try vaping no flavors and see if that helps. I might try that first, and then experiment with small amounts of different flavorings to see which ones the wife may be having problems with. That's going to take some time, and checking out the DIY flavoring board might be helpful to you, as you're probably going to need to try small amounts of different things for a while... Which is actually a great way to build DIY skills.

It is possible for folks to be sensitive to VG or too much PG. I am bad with larger amounts of PG so I use 90% VG and 10% water. It is also possible to be sensitive to VG, in which case you may have to look into filtration options, I'm not certain it's possible to vape only PG (though it very well may be).

This is going to take some experimenting and detective work probably.... Good luck, hope that you can make things work for everyone in the house.

Anna

Reactions: Beamslider

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I have a question. I have been vaping for almost 2 years now. And I am a truck driver. Let me say i have had no issues with vaping. But it seems like my wife may have. She does not vape and i do not vape in her general vicinity. I do all my vaping in the basement where i hang out. But it seems when i get home she gets sinus problems and a fever. And then it goes away when i leave. Has anyone else experienced this with their significant other who does not vape.

Are you sure it is the vaping? It could be something you carry in on your shoes or clothing.
You say you have been vaping for 2 years, has she been this way the whole 2 years, or is this something that just started? It might have nothing to do with the vape. Could be something else you are exposed to when you are on the road, and it is on you when you get home. Just a thought.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
My Sweetie vapes herself and the Flavorless I make for her! I think it is Psychological but she claims when I chain vape while watching TV it bothers her nose! Doesn't happen when we are driving in the same vehicle though. I am going to vape what I make her one of these days and when she says it is bothering her I am going to say that it is interesting because I am vaping exactly what I make for you but 1/4 the Nicotine.

Maybe I should make a poll.........

Will I get smacked upside the head?
Will I just get "The Look"?
Will I regret it for a few weeks?
Will I regret it for the rest of my living days? - Compliments of @Beamslider

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
It's possible. What I would do would be to rig up a 4-6" accordion flex hose with a fan attached to hose and outside vent. Vape into the duct hose.
Vent the vaper outside and at the same time reduce the e-liquid build up.
re:
http://www.sears.com/rule-4inch-in-...tdoor Shopping&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
Shop Lambro 4-in x 240-in Foil Flexible Duct at Lowes.com

teddytoons

Nov 4, 2016
SoCal
My wife began having allergic reactions to her own vape. Later, I found that 90% of Vegetable Glycerin is derived from coconut oil, which, she had become allergic to. There are a couple of manufacturers that use a non-coconut oil base for their ejuice. Kind Juice is one of them. Anyway, we switched and she hasn't had a problem since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread