The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Am I developing an allergy?

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by Alfred_Kaholic, Jul 27, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Alfred_Kaholic

Alfred_Kaholic New Member

Jul 23, 2019
    About a month ago I picked up Shamrock cookie by Sadboy 6mg nic 70/30 vg/pg blend I tried it for a couple of days and noticed my anxiety levels went through the roof and I started to have hearing changes and my throat felt like it was swollen followed by nonstop belching, stomach pains, sweating, and excess phlegm in the back of the throat. So I assumed I got nic sick, so I went back to my vape shop and purchased Jammonster Blueberry 3mg which is a 75/25 vg/pg and Jammonster Grape in 3mg Nic which is also a 75/25 vg/pg blend. I had no problems with the Blueberry but got the same symptoms of bloating, gas, and swollen throat with the grape. So I went back to my vape shop and bought air factory tropic freeze in 3mg which is a 70/30 vg/pg blend and got the same symptoms. So i thought about concluding that I'm developing an allergy to mint ( which Tropical freeze and Shamrock cookie had) however the grape jam from Jammonster didn't have mint. I drink about 10 to 15 bottles of 16.9oz water and my piss is clear as day so dehydration is out. I'm currently vaping on a smok v8 stick with a 0.25ohm prebuilt coil. Any thoughts before my appointment with a GI doctor? and I've been smoke free for almost 2 years. all feedback is appreciated.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Please don't solicit medical advice here. You did the right thing by booking the appointment with a doctor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    See your doctor.

You may have to do an allergy elimination process with ingredients-- straight VG, straight PG, nic, nic free, etc.

But if your throat is swelling up, you really have to do that WITH your doctor. It's almost impossible to determine what your problem is (although honestly it could be completely NOT vape related) but I can ALMOST guarantee your current thought process on it (i.e. mint) is completely flawed.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.