Already quit cigs, want to start vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Domino really I have no issue with you at all....actually got a little avatar crush goin for ya :oops:

I do however have an issue with the theory that if we behave and sit and do as we're told MAYBE they will throw us a bone and let us be.....don't believe it. Stand UP....fight injustice...witness our recent healthcare debacle....victory doesn't usually go to the conformist.

To paraphrase Patrick Henry "....but as for me, give me vape or give me death!!!!!!"

I am ashamed. :oops:

Considering I grew up in Glasgow Scotland, I SHOULD be a bit more 'FREEEEDOM!!!' -ish, shouldn't I?

Must be the Canadian water working on my brain!! 8-o

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX
Perhaps I should clarify my thought..

I personally have no problem with non smokers picking these up, especially the 0 Nic.

The problem is, there are people out there that want to ban Ecigs.
VERY Powerfull, and VERY Rich people by the way.
And any evidence showing a NON smoker (or even an EX smoker) starting Ecigs, is a weapon in their hands.

One of the main arguments in favor of Ecigs, is that they are marketed for and used by "Commited Smokers" as a reduced harm alternative to tobacco cigarettes.

If that is the principle being used in favor of Ecigs, then we (those in favor of Ecigs) have to live by that principle.

At least (as domino said) until these legal issues are settled.

Last edited:

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
To those who are in doubt about people who have quit smoking and wanting to vape, here's my story...
I quit smoking cold turkey on December 31, 1989 at 6 p.m. (funny how a dedicated smoker who quits will never forget the quit date). Quitting was one of the most horrible experiences in my life! At one point I was on the floor rolling around and crying. I would have crawled miles for one but somehow I mustered the gumption to keep on going. I went into a state of depression and all I wanted to do was not stop eating (because I really wanted to smoke after having food) and I slept away most of the time that I wasn't stuffing my face with food. I packed on 50 pounds and had nightmares about accidently picking up an analog and puffing on it and then thinking OMG what have I done, now I have to suffer through quitting again. There was never a day that went by that something didn't "trigger" that "I wanna smoke" mechanism hidden deep within every smoker. I got over the craving but never got over the "action" and pleasurable parts of the habit. In 2003 I went through a bad divorce situation and decided to smoke "just one" with a friend one day. Guess what? You got it...I left her house and headed straight to the store to buy a pack and the rest is history. The sad part about it was, I didn't want to quit ever again after having failed after that many years, plus, the recollection of how hard it was to do. Thank God for E cigs! I've been analog free ever since day one of vaping and I don't miss a thing!

The point of me telling this story is, even though someone is no longer smoking does not mean they never will again and it doesn't mean they no longer want to. I would highly recommend E cigs to any former smoker who still struggles with the urge to indulge in the "act" of smoking that all of us find so enjoyable. Go with no nic juice and have at it and forever be free from the struggle of wanting to smoke. You'll have less of a hassle than the rest of us who haven't quite gotten our nic level to the right mg yet. All you have to do is choose your flavor and have at it. I can see where E cigs with no nic juice would highly benefit most ex smokers who still think about and want to indulge in an analog session. I never ever thought I'd smoke again, but I did. I hated the smell with a passion and could smell it from a mile down the road and when I started back, I didn't really enjoy the taste at all. It was the act of doing it that I missed and I made myself like them--- again. I made myself not care if I stunk----again! I only wish these had been available back in 2003 and I would have avoided another 7 years of pumping my lungs full of smoke----again! Don't make my mistake. Do whatever you must do to calm that beast that lies within every "smokeaholic" just waiting to rear his ugly head and roar one last time.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks again everyone for the responses,

While i understand and respect the concerns some of you have about people that quit picking up e-cigs and how that may be used by some people as reason to ban them.

Think of it this way... being human and all, if in a moment of weakness I will go back to the "habit" (but not to the nicotine addiction) im glad im not going back to something that will probably give me cancer and all sort of health problems eventually and i'm going with a much safer alternative that will allow me to blow some stress out and not kill me.

Can't be that bad ;)

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
Get some Tasty Vapor doublers , 0 nic and the best around not to mention the cheapest
You will get a 4 oz bottle for 15.00.
Yes I agree, I know ex smokers that quit many years ago and still want to or crave smoking.
This is a good solution for you.
Personally I don't give a rats patotie what the politics are, this is about people ,, politicians be darned.
They are in it for the money, nothing else, and hiding in a corner wont change that.
The more vapors there are the better the chances of fighting them.
That is not to say I would agree with someone who has never smoked starting to vape.
Dont think that is a good idea.

Happy to report that i got my new joye 510 in my hands along with a PCC case and a extra atomizer and battery.

I ordered from cignot.com and also got some ECOpure liquid (0mg nicotine) Menthol and "Rich" flavored. It was shipped VERY fast to Miami to a friend house, he was flying to Dominican Republic yesterday so overall i got it here in about a week total.

The device and PCC are very well built and im loving "the feel" of it and the vapor is amazing even more than what i remember from regular cigs.

The only thing that is a bit underwhelming for me is the flavor of this liquids. It has almost no flavor at all. I only get a very faint hint of menthol from the Menthol flavor and a bit of a sort of marshmallow-ish flavor from the "Rich" one. I've only tried dripping directly to the atomizer so far but i've also read that gives you the most flavor.

Next ill order some of the tastyvapor doublers (as some of you recommended me), should i expect a bit more flavor from those? I'd love some recommendations on what would be a good flavor to use as regular liquid, something that is not extremely sweet like desert, For the sweet occasional flavors im thinking of ordering the Coffe Mocha and Caramel apple.

Thanks again everyone,
E.A.

curlygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Indiana
I quit analogs cold turkey 8 weeks ago today. Having said that, I have "slipped" a few times (a half cig here and there) over the last two weeks. Because I felt myself missing many aspects of the "act" of smoking (smoked for 22 years and quit 5 times), I gained interest in the ecigs. I purchased a 510 kit from cignot Thursday evening and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival:ohmy:.

I am glad to have a "choice" as an ex-smoker. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread