Status
Not open for further replies.

StuckinLA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
Hi all,
Ok here's the story. I bought some 5ml samples from vendor 1 and found that I liked flavor B so I ordered a 10ml bottle and that was great but I found it wasn't going to last that long so I turned around and bought a 30ml bottle of flavor B and when it arrived it was lighter in color and thinner then the 5 & 10ml bottles and didn't taste the same. I thought it there might have been a mistake in the mixing so I contacted the vendor and was told to take the cap off and let age for a few days. Am I expecting too much that if it needs to be aged it should be shipped that way and ready to vape or am I just being a n00b and not aware of how things work with e-juice. Thank in advance for your input :)

ropetrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
Athens, GA
I would expect them to be the same, but apparently this is a common thing: allowing juice to "age" (which I take to mean allowing moisture to evaporate. It seems entirely reasonable if you order 30 ml to not have to evaporate it down to 27 ml to get it to taste right.

Having said all that... are you sure the mixing liquid (PG or VG) is the same in the sample and your larger bottle? If they're different, that might also explain it, I suppose.

Icoth

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
CA
I've experienced inconsistency with juice suppliers. I expect some from vendors that hand mix each order, but I think big differences just show a lack of quality control. The lighter color makes me a little suspicious. A larger quantity should look darker since you're looking through more juice. Try to age it, but if that doesn't help, I'd move on to another supplier.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
The only other possibility I could see is if the vendor keeps smaller bottles of their mixes on hand because those sell faster (lots of people trying different flavors), and hand mixes larger bottles to keep them from getting old. That would mean that the smaller bottles have aged longer. I mix my own, and some juices take up to a week to hit their full color, flavor and consistency. Vanilla especially will stay lighter for at least that long in my experience.

If it's a pre-made seller, then maybe the 30 ml is out of a new shipment of stock so it hasn't aged as long.

Ckitt

Aug 28, 2010
Cleveland, Tn
I have also found out that when I buy from my main vape vendor it's a pretty good consistent batch every time, but when I buy from a smaller company that handmixes then letting it age a day or two is well worth the wait for taste. It honestly could be a variety of things that range from how big the batches actually are, all the way to how well the company mixes the batches. If you let it age and there is no change, then I would say a consistency issue is the root cause.

However, I also find that changing flavors for a day, greatly increases the taste value of my main vape.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Some of the vendors hand mix as the orders come in so unless you wish to wait an extra week for your juice to arrive while it ages at the vendors it will need to age after it arrives to you before its at its best. Now with that said, Its hard for me to not beleive that there are times that a vendor is mixing for an actual order and does not mix a little extra and goes ahead and bottles it up expecting that a new order will come in during the next few days for which it can be used. Only makes sense this would sometimes happen and only makes sense most often that extra juice would end up being in the smaller 5ml or even sometimes the 10ml bottles rather than in the larger size bottles.

Its SO hard to wait after getting an order for the juice to age for a week or even more but my experience has been that often its SOOO much better after it has aged for a while.

Also worth noting that I doubt its always the juice changing after I have had it for a while OR it is an aged juice when I get it but my taste buds changing and tasting things differently on different days. It has amazed me how a juice that I wan't all that happy with one day or even a couple days in a row suddenly taste great to me a week later. A strong juice in the morning can taste weak in the evening to me.

Lastly, even the best of vendors can make very slight changes from one batch of juice to another and it can come out tasting different or they can use the exact same recipe but the materials they are working with are slightly different than what they used previously and things can taste a bit different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread