Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I agree, this is nothing to take lightly. Hot, electrical tingle...no bueno. Take it back for a refund unless you feel comfortable that the people who sold it to you are competent enough to fix it.

Also, check that your battery's wrapper is not damaged in anyway, not even a pinhole,. If it is, rewrap it or toss it and get a new battery.

As a side note, I've been off the vape market for a long time and I had no idea mods were up to 2,100 Watts now. last I saw they were still in the mid hundreds at highest.

And here is where I shake my head and bow my head as a "vaper" in shame ss the smokers in this market have been totally neglected.

Pods shcmods. That ain't no cigarette, pipe or cigar. Just toys for kids.

Last edited:

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    thanks @greek mule @UncleJunkle thing is, i'm not sure that's actually happening. i tried running the device thru my grip with no battery in it, and the stainlesssteel itselft is not flat sanded, it is tingly.. so i'm not sure it's not that i've been feeling that more after vaping for a while or when i am unknowungly sliding the mod ever so slightly thru my hand...
    hence looking for people that've experienced something similar, whether with Nunchaku2 or somethin else.

btw @UncleJunkle there's loads of MTL tanks out there and they receive much attention for those that prefer them, and they are always recommended first to smokers. I myself use an MTL-high resistance coils for my high-nicotine and cig-like needs and switch to a DL-low resistance coil for my low-nic and shisha-like pleasure.

Reactions: greek mule

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    I would second the advice to check the battery wrap - I once had a hard short with a Spanish made mech tube mod with a magnetic switch where the wrap caught when I fired it up and felt the tingle through my hand - I was lucky as I was outdoors on a hillside and could through the thing away until I was sure it was safe to touch.

I never used that tube mod again.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I would associate tingling from electricity with alternating current, I don't see how that could happen with a mod. Could it be vibration? Guess that's possible if there's a sparky connection. Heat isn't hard to explain, and it's likely to mean something bad is happening.

When it happens does the vape change?

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    @Falconeer @sonicbomb @Hawise @Electrodave @englishmick thanks for input

not much as such; been out most of the day using the MTL on it.

one thing i am certain of that the stainless steel is itself stripy(?)/threaded-like(?_ not sure the term. maybe it was more pronounced when hot.

heat: never reached much. just warm.
    _indeed for one of the couple of times, i felt the heat more with one hand than the other and a-duckduckgoing...
    _it only happens when i've been chaining for a few hours.
    _only with the subohm

@stols001 suggested on another thread when i was asking about a leaking problem and the fire-button sticking, suggested she the anna it may the leak caused the group of events.

it doth leak when i fill it up, even with 70VG, just overfloods, gurgles and leaks thru hole, and that's despite UWell's so-called liquid recycling thing... she'd said something about taking it apart, but incompetent as i am... and having contacted uwell about the fire-button sticking_ don't want to void the warranty which i probably won't get: they want a video of the button sticking, which is very difficult to catch even if i had the self-restraint to let it fire on as i unlock the stupid phone and capture it...

at this point i'm suspecting any of this is actually happening though, and i honestly don't want to rip them off , so not sure to press the matter

Reactions: Electrodave
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread