Am I the only one getting burned out? Why can't this be easier for me?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
But soon you will be an expert... a vaping guru...
And you'll be able to help others the same way you have been helped.

We are all vapers, no matter what equipment we use or what liquids we favor.
And that is why we're all here, learning and doing what we can to help.
:thumb:

I do love this forum, I can honestly say that if I didn't find this place, I wouldn't be vaping still. I've had SO many issues that no one else has been able to help me with, but I can always find at least one person here that knows what the problem is or at least how to start troubleshooting! I was told by a guy at a B&M that if he had the same issues I've had in such a short amount of time, he would have given up lol.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Think I blew up tonight.. got the wife an MVP 2.0. It came in today, I set it up with her favorite flavor, checked it and said "Happy Birthday!" when I gave it to her.
6 hours later as I'm getting out of the shower with 10 minutes to get dressed and out the door for work, she says "It tastes burnt. "
I took the thing and chucked it into the bathroom trash can and told her to go buy a pack of cigarettes ...
It's not like she hasn't been vaping for over a year ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

Aphex_Twin

Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
I hear you about burn out. I've had to really expand my horizons and try to learn more of the DIY side of vaping. It can be and IS expensive when we buy all our toys and gadgets that we vape with. But that's the thing, sometimes for me it's the simplest methods of vaping (not necessarily the simplest vaping method) that is what works for me.
I had an iTaste for a while along with several other VV/VW mods and they all would either fry out or burn out the batteries quick. I was finding that one minute the units would work great and then a pin would disconnect from the board and it would be a brick. I finally decided to get a Nemesis mechanical mod. It's simple, it's darned near impossible to break. Since then, I guess I could fund a small country with what I've bought in mechanicals.
I tried the Kick unit for a while with the mechanicals, and it works great if using something like a Protank, Protank II, or other atomizers, but then I ran into a problem with it when it came to me using my Rebuildable atomizers and drippers, it just wouldn't fire up any more.
I like using rebuildables for the simplicity of it. YEah it's a small investment at first, but after you get the hang of coils and working with small screws that my big hands weren't designed to touch, it's fairly easy and cost effective.
For juices, I have to hop around. I'll go with something very sweet and citrusy at first, but then maybe go to a tobacco after that. To me, an all day vape can't happen, I get burned out on it and it doesn't taste the same, it's different and loses taste. So, I switch up. I've found a lot of the smaller vaping companies offering cheaper solutions to their eliquid are really good. Mount Baker Vapor, Lucky 7, High Desert Vapes, and Killer Juice all have really good cost-effective mixes unless you want to do your own. There's some great deals out there for finding the deals and discounts. Check vapingcheap.com it's a great site for deals and you can find juice discount coupons and gear coupons there that really help out. Hope this helps.

TheBiloi

Apr 1, 2014
United States
For this very reason I feel like rebuildables are the the best way to go. Once you work out the kinks, it's easy to wrap and wick a tried and true coil in about a minute and it'll last you weeks unless you choose to tinker with it. It's easy to refill a kayfun and to swap out the wick when you want a new flavor and it's even easier to do this with a dripping atty. It sounds like an inconvenience to have to drip many times throughout the day but I think you have to give it a shot before deciding if it's a real bother or not. The convenience of these setups is that high end rebuildables will last basically indefinitely and can always be cleaned and brought to like new condition with nothing but soap, wick and wire.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I placed my first order with Mt Baker, I tried a couple samples at Vape Blast. I ordered 30ml bottles off the samples of other flavors and reviews, I hope they're as good as they say but they were half the price of getting juice local so I'm very excited to try them! They should be here tomorrow. I have 3 tanks set up right now, 4 when my vamo gets here lol, I can't stick with ONE flavor, I use all 3 tanks throughout the day. Things are going a little smoother for me lately, I've learned that patience is a must!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Express using Tapatalk

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm proud of you also!
hurray.gif

The only thing I can think of is in reference to myself. I had quit smoking before.....made it a whole 9 months....then went back to smoking. Honestly, my loved ones didn't really congratulate me until I hit that year mark. I think they were expecting me to fail again, like I always had before.

Keep on keeping on. They will take note when you actually are successful this time :)
In the meantime, we will be your cheering section! You go girl!!! You ROCK!
wee.gif

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Lol thank you! I quit for 3 years, but then my husband kept telling me I was less of a B when I smoked and I got so sick of hearing it that one night when I was having some drinks I picked up a cig and didn't look back. It's a lot easier now with vaping and I'm not even a B!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Express using Tapatalk

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I placed my first order with Mt Baker, I tried a couple samples at Vape Blast. I ordered 30ml bottles off the samples of other flavors and reviews, I hope they're as good as they say but they were half the price of getting juice local so I'm very excited to try them! They should be here tomorrow. I have 3 tanks set up right now, 4 when my vamo gets here lol, I can't stick with ONE flavor, I use all 3 tanks throughout the day. Things are going a little smoother for me lately, I've learned that patience is a must!
Are you familiar with the concept of steeping freshly made juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread