Am I the Only One? (rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVED my blu!! ... for the first week :p then I think the atomizers must have died or something, it's really really tough to get a good throat hit on it and lately barely even any vape! I have been refilling them myself with Johnson Creek juice as well as a few others I ordered and since I have been analog free for 3 weeks now I am just getting frustrated and almost wanted to have an analog again :). Once in awhile it still works okay but the batteries last only an hour or so and it's very intermittent when it works now the way it did the first week I had it.

I decided to try something different so I ordered the Magnum Kit from Nhaler The Magnum Kit. It's basically a modified 510 to simulate 9 - 10 watt vaping. Someone here recommended it to me and the reviews are pretty good so I guess I will see. Once I get it in the mail I will post a review and maybe comparison review. They shipped it almost instantly which I am happy about!

My atomizers or batteries or something is probably defective on my Blu because I know there was 100% difference from when I got it to now.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I love your post. Thanks for your honesty. I've been looking long and hard at the blu. My wife and I have a home for women in recovery. I'm trying to introduce the smokers to eCigs. I'm probably going with SmokeStik. I think it's very much like blu. I've tried the 510 and most of the girls don't like it. In my first post, titled Unique Noobie, I asked if anyone had kits that they were no longer using that they would donate to our non-profit for the girls. We can't afford to experiment and/or buy a kit for each girl. I can give tax deductible receipts for any donations.
Thanks for your insight. Feel free to PM me if you would like to donate any parts, juices etc. Blessings, Hy.

StarrzChylde

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Florida
THANK YOU for this post!!! Every forum I have looked at, all that I have seen was everyone talking so nasty to people who bought a blu. I actually felt bad for buying one and enjoying it! I was really lucky, got my stuff ordered and received in 4 days.

It's just really nice to see someone else enjoy their blu as much as I enjoy mine!

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
I gave away my Blu kit quite awhile ago, as I've moved on to higher voltage mods, and direct dripping. For a starter kit, you can't go wrong with the Blu - price is low and the design approach is top-notch (great PCC and size of the ecig is great).

Even today I'll recommend the Blu to anyone who wants to try a no-fuss, nice-looking ecig. If I have one complaint, it's that they should design something like an 'expert kit' which has manual batteries, an atomizer without the bridge (for dripping) and a drip tip. The Blu would be PERFECT for direct dripping!

+1 for Blu, it's the best kit IMO :)

Eseress

Sep 28, 2010
Washington, USA
I'm really disappointed in these Blu's. They're the first e-cig I bought, so.. there's that. My biggest problem is the throat hit and vapor production. I keep seeing stuff about the 510's, and I'm thinking of switching over. I don't want to go back to analog cigs, but these Blu's are really turning me off to vaping even though I enjoy the action itself.

I've looked at all the tips for increasing hit and vapor, but I don't really want to be bothered with changing so many different things. I'd rather just buy something else. I was looking at the Vapor King, any thoughts?

Peeps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Smithville, Missouri, United States
I use a KR808 but prefer the batts from Puresmoker-they are cheaper and better, IMO. I buy the prefilled cartos from Vapor4Life and they're having a 24% off juice and carts right now. Use juicecarts24 for the code.

ETA: Vapor4Life just announced a 20% off everything sale, including kits. Code is: keepsmilin

Last edited:

Magus86

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Myerstown, PA
I'm really disappointed in these Blu's. They're the first e-cig I bought, so.. there's that. My biggest problem is the throat hit and vapor production. I keep seeing stuff about the 510's, and I'm thinking of switching over. I don't want to go back to analog cigs, but these Blu's are really turning me off to vaping even though I enjoy the action itself.

I've looked at all the tips for increasing hit and vapor, but I don't really want to be bothered with changing so many different things. I'd rather just buy something else. I was looking at the Vapor King, any thoughts?

I think no matter which e-cig you go with, unless they start allowing you to choose who makes the juice that goes into their carts, and/or they ship with blue foam/pyramid tea bags from the manufacturer, there will always be mods to be done to make it perform better(I know there will be, because there are plenty of other things you can modify as well). You can certainly do what you want and buy carts if you really want to, but know you'll save a lot more if you refill them with blue foam and better juice.

If you do decide to get a 510 though, don't throw out your blu. You can drip with it to get more vapor and better throat hit. You can also swap atomizers and batteries between the two. Right now, I have my 510 starter kit and nothing more. 2 batteries/atomizers, 5 carts, and a wall charger. I also have my blu. So what I've been doing is carrying around my blu in its PCC like I normally do, along with my 510 in my pocket. Then when my 510 battery dies, I just grab a blu battery. When that one dies, into the PCC charging slot it goes. I plan on getting a PCC for the 510 at some point, but for now, this works fine too.

Last edited:

Heatherport

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Newport, RI, USA
www.cloud9smoking.com
Well, now your're confusing me, lol. I WANTED to get the Blu. I even ordered it. But lo and behold when I went to check why I wasn't receiving it it turns out the black was back ordered (um, no one told me) and their customer service sucked (I have a yawning story) so I got so turned off I didn't order the white instead. I guess I'll wait to see how I like my 510 that should be here today w/ PCC arriving late this week/early next week and take it from there.

Magus86

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Myerstown, PA
I agree that they should have something on their website that states when stuff is out of stock. Or they should just ship you another color after asking you first, or whatever. I remember when I got my girlfriend her blu pack, she wanted the black one, but it said either that it was out of stock or just couldn't be ordered at the time because they were out of black cartridges. Okay, so I don't care about the cartridges.. Just send me the tan ones instead, is it that hard? What they SHOULD do, to get rid of some of this crap, is instead of offering just black packs and white packs, they should let you pick a custom kit. Pick the color of your PCC, the color of each battery, and the color of your carts. Along with this, if any item or specific color is out of stock, it should be stated clearly, or it should just not let you order that item. That way people won't be waiting forever wondering where their order is as much.

HOWEVER, despite all of this, what needs to be remembered is that this is the COMPANY, not the product. Just because the company doesn't totally have its act together, that doesn't mean the product is terrible. There are certainly things that they could do to make it better, but it's not terrible. And I've dealt with worse companies. In Blu's defense, at least they replace faulty parts without any trouble. But they also don't tell you when they've received the faulty one, if they even did at all, or when they're sending the replacement. There's a rather large lack of communication where I feel they should be communicating with you.

If you want a blu but don't want to deal with the company's BS, just go thru volcano. It's the same product anyway. Plus they give you "points" for ordering from them that you can use to get free or discounted things(don't know which, I've only made one order with them, not enough points to use on anything yet), AND they offer bulk discounts. And I dunno if anybody else cares, but I think it's kinda cool that volcano's batteries have the lines on them.

Last edited:

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
I agree that they should have something on their website that states when stuff is out of stock. Or they should just ship you another color after asking you first, or whatever. I remember when I got my girlfriend her blu pack, she wanted the black one, but it said either that it was out of stock or just couldn't be ordered at the time because they were out of black cartridges. Okay, so I don't care about the cartridges.. Just send me the tan ones instead, is it that hard? What they SHOULD do, to get rid of some of this crap, is instead of offering just black packs and white packs, they should let you pick a custom kit. Pick the color of your PCC, the color of each battery, and the color of your carts. Along with this, if any item or specific color is out of stock, it should be stated clearly, or it should just not let you order that item. That way people won't be waiting forever wondering where their order is as much.

HOWEVER, despite all of this, what needs to be remembered is that this is the COMPANY, not the product. Just because the company doesn't totally have its act together, that doesn't mean the product is terrible. There are certainly things that they could do to make it better, but it's not terrible. And I've dealt with worse companies. In Blu's defense, at least they replace faulty parts without any trouble. But they also don't tell you when they've received the faulty one, if they even did at all, or when they're sending the replacement. There's a rather large lack of communication where I feel they should be communicating with you.

If you want a blu but don't want to deal with the company's BS, just go thru volcano. It's the same product anyway. Plus they give you "points" for ordering from them that you can use to get free or discounted things(don't know which, I've only made one order with them, not enough points to use on anything yet), AND they offer bulk discounts. And I dunno if anybody else cares, but I think it's kinda cool that volcano's batteries have the lines on them.

Lol I like the lines too. I have nothing against Blu, my minimal dealings with them have been decent so far. I just think that Volcano is a top notch company that is an absolute joy to deal with. If anybody wanted a "name brand" pv I'd send them to Volcano first. I do have my complaints, while I like their juice I think $9 for 10ml is a bit of a rip-off. But the fact that I can get 2 solid attys for $10 or 2 batteries for $18 makes up for it. And they have the decency to remove an item when it's out of stock. I have my orders from them within 3 days and I'm in NJ, they're in Hawaii. I haven't found anybody yet who could beat that. Not all "name brands" out there are terrible.

TheMiamiWay

Sep 14, 2010
Miami, Florida
I like the blu. However I'm a light smoker and maybe that makes the difference. The people I know who hate it are heavy smokers and want stronger throat hit etc... I like the convenience, the PCC and the blue light is an attention getter.

I want the company to do better. I appreciate that they have been instumential in getting the word out and giving many people their first exposure to e-cigs. I think that the mass majority of people who smoke will not want to be bothered with dripping and modifying. They want it easy and simple. So I want the blu to improve and have greater appeal. The more people that vape the better for all of us.

Magus86

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Myerstown, PA
You're probably right: they don't want to be bothered with that, but the problem is you have to choose if you want something that performs how you want it to, or if you want to be lazy. You can't have both. And that's true of the 510 too. While it performs better stock than the blu, there are still things to tweak. And anyway, I'm sure a big part of why some are switching to e-cigs is the money factor. If they just want to buy carts, that's fine. They can do what they want, but if they really want to save money, buying juice is the way to go. And simple mods like blue foam go a long way in making it perform better.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
I like the blu. However I'm a light smoker and maybe that makes the difference. The people I know who hate it are heavy smokers and want stronger throat hit etc... I like the convenience, the PCC and the blue light is an attention getter.

I want the company to do better. I appreciate that they have been instumential in getting the word out and giving many people their first exposure to e-cigs. I think that the mass majority of people who smoke will not want to be bothered with dripping and modifying. They want it easy and simple. So I want the blu to improve and have greater appeal. The more people that vape the better for all of us.

I was a pack, pack and a half a day menthol 100 smoker for 16 years and I still greatly enjoy these models. Probably because they look like a cig, feel like a cig and the pcc looks like a cigarette pack. I like the prefilled carts for convienence but at home I use my own juice. Other models I've used just feel abnormal to me, I want to look and feel like I'm smoking a cig, not a piece of machinery.

researcheverything

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
Wow... where to start.........

Replacements from Blu usually take me two weeks from the day I drop the defectives off in the mail. (5 bucks it costs me to insure 2 batts and 2 attys for 20 bucks.... gives me the date they receive it.) So, I know when they get them. Kinda sorta tracking!

I smoked two packs a day after having smoked for many many years.... 30~ish ... right now, 2 carts a day fluval polishing foam mod / slightly more liquid when I straight drip. (mostly dripping now cause the new longer attys suck at wicking)

Warranty from Blu has not let me down so far. And they don't seem to mind me replacing stuff that doesn't work. (1 yr Warranty) I figure I will buy a starter pack from them every year now for each me and my wife, until the day I die. (If they stick around that long)

Have you guys ever noticed that with as many people who hated their Blu..... how there never seems to be any in the classifieds??? Surely not everyone got them sent back in time.

All PVs take some kind of work to make em right. Everyone look down and see if you are vaping default setups... Mine which changes throughout the day... right now a blu batt / 510 atty no cartridge electric tape wrapped to keep heat off of my lips. Dripping. In another hour or so I will probably have one of the newer style volcanoish Blu attys on it with an empty cartridge holder. Internal cart removed and dripping still. Until I go through another pair of attys for Blu to replace since these never have wicked at all I will drip until attys pick up liquid. Then I will start refilling my carts again. With MsTs Snickerdoodle Cookie E-Juice.

Talk about - not stock.....

What are you vaping???? It doesn't really matter to me as long as you don't tell me how horrible mine is and how I should throw away my stuff and buy yours. Nobody really cares that I smoked Winstons AND Salems when I was in Japan, moved to Marlboros When I went to Langley, Camels when I went to Oklahoma, Roll Your Owns when 2000 came around and prices went through the roof, and changed brands of tobacco when prices were necessitating it until finally in May buying a Blu.

I have been completely off paper since May 25th. And I feel great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread